Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

Dude you keep saying that it doesnt chamge the fact that it is a rule that is clearly meant to be followed and it is in the game operations manual. Whether or not they get fined is up to the league. Its clearly a rule that is written with the intent of being followed.

Here's what an NFL spokesperson had to say last year -

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/us/nfl-national-anthem-trump-kaepernick-history-trnd/index.html

In fact, in 2016 the NFL made clear that players were not required to stand for the anthem

"Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem," the NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said last year after 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protests gained attention.

And here's what he said yesterday -

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/09/25/what-nfl-rule-book-actually-says-national-anthem/699886001/

"It’s policy, it’s not a rule. I think where people are getting confused is, rules, that’s like holding or defensive pass interference, that’s a rule. This is policy," McCarthy said.

McCarthy confirmed that the league will not assess penalties to players who either did not take the field for the anthem or who protested.'

A policy is like a guideline. That's why it says things like "should". Rules use words like "must".

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about the 5 police officers who got ambushed and massacred in Dallas ? by a racist piece of trash who said he hated white people

and the NFL denied Dallas Cowboys the request to honor fallen police with a helmet decal ,

at the same time NFL had no problem and no finds were inforced with ( hands up dont shoot ) > BS by the Rams players ,

how freaking sad is it that the NFL has no problem with players disrespecting our flag , but it has a problem with players honoring the fallen police officers ,

go ahead let the bashing and name calling beggin

what about the 5 police officers who got ambushed and massacred in Dallas ? by a racist piece of trash who said he hated white people

and the NFL denied Dallas Cowboys the request to honor fallen police with a helmet decal ,

at the same time NFL had no problem and no finds were inforced with ( hands up dont shoot ) > BS by the Rams players ,

how freaking sad is it that the NFL has no problem with players disrespecting our flag , but it has a problem with players honoring the fallen police officers ,

Cowboys did nothing to disrespect the flag, they kneeled before the anthem, then stood for it. But still were boo'd cause they kneeled lmao, pack mentality of a bunch of low IQ big time "patriots" also the flag is just a !@#$ing symbol it doesn't have feelings, people attach their own feelings to inanimate objects.

Just go away, dude. Put your Starter jacket away and go play some golf, man.

Or, you know, inspire lots of desperate people to kick cancer's ass, and THEN go away.

We're pissing on Jim Kelly now? Really? That's the plan? Piss on Kelly?

I'm reading some posters yelling about him cheating on his wife, and beating his wife, and actually mocking his faith.

The phucking guy was dying in front of our eyes, and everyone was "Yay! Kelly strong! We love you, Jim!"

But now you all want to piss on the dude because he doesn't align with whatever stupid ideology you suddenly hold dear to your phucking heart?

Some of you people have lost your phucking minds and should be ashamed of yourselves.

But hey...sportswriters thank you for pissing on your team. They couldn't be happier that you're taking their childish bait.

Edited by LABillzFan

it's a league rule that no decals on helmets related to pretty much anything non football, regardless of good intentions. Not sure why holding your hands up should be a punishment.

Or, you know, inspire lots of desperate people to kick cancer's ass, and THEN go away.

We're pissing on Jim Kelly now? Really? That's the plan? Piss on Kelly?

I'm reading some posters yelling about him cheating on his wife, and beating his wife, and actually mocking his faith.

The phucking guy was dying in front of our eyes, and everyone was "Yay! Kelly strong! We love you, Jim!"

But now you all want to piss on the dude because he doesn't align with whatever stupid ideology you suddenly hold dear to your phucking heart?

Some of you people have lost your phucking minds and should be ashamed of yourselves.

But hey...sportswriters thank you for pissing on your team. They couldn't be happier that you're taking their childish bait.

So because everybody rightfully and empathetically rooted him on in a fight against cancer everyone should then agree with everything he does or says from then on? He has said a lot of things about players or politics people could take offense to. I don't get it.

Uniform violations vs activism inside the rules?

it's a league rule that no decals on helmets related to pretty much anything non football, regardless of good intentions. Not sure why holding your hands up should be a punishment.

holding hands up was a political statement ( against the cops )

So because everybody rightfully and empathetically rooted him on in a fight against cancer everyone should then agree with everything he does or says from then on? He has said a lot of things about players or politics people could take offense to. I don't get it.

We want him to "just go away?" Is that what we all want? Because that's why I was responding to.

Do you want Kelly to "just go away" like Gugny does?

We want him to "just go away?" Is that what we all want? Because that's why I was responding to.

Nope. Not at all. I think he's an idiot here but I love the guy. And you should know Gugny is a madman. And you should know that a few people saying madman stuff out of a large group of people on one side of an issue doesn't stain the rest and vast majority of people on that side of an issue.

Just Saw this on ESPN, Kelly said if you want to kneel that's fine , but what Shady did really bummed me out, I lost respect for him.

Not verbatim but you get the idea..

Jimbo, you're not playing anymore. What the players on the 2017 team do is their business. Get back into the stands please. And stop trying to be a member of the team. You're turning into the 30 year old dude that still wears the varsity letterman jacket around town like he's still the star player.

Even if you don't want to see him interviewed you can still want him to be able to be a father and husband. Don't overplay that comment toooooo much.

Man, I'm reading through these threads and all I can think about is, "what the F is going on up in America".

ill tell you what the F is going on

Black people who were never slaves are fighiting white people who were never Nazi's

over a confederate statue erected by democrats , because democrats cant stand their

own history anymore , and somehow it's Trump's fault ..

9ZtVgaU.jpg

Fdd9Iyo.jpg

k9kcxjQ.jpg

wEtFaah.jpg

Black people who were never slaves are fighiting white people who were never Nazi's
over a confederate statue erected by democrats , because democrats cant stand their

Wow...I'm so befuddled by thinking like this, I'm not even sure if unity is even possible anymore.

You seemed to have lost your "Russian accent" there, Putin.

(And replaced it with an incredible amount of hate.) Wow.