Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

Yes, he could.

And it really is just a song. And a flag is just fabric. Inanimate objects.

Here's some food for thought for all of you guys who like to speak on behalf of all veterans ...

About 80% of all homeless adults are veterans.

What's more disrespectful? Kneeling during a song, or not talking about the REAL PROBLEM of too many homeless veterans?

This! is the true problem that no one in the political arena care about. People flock to see these poor men come down during the Memorial weekend to 'The Mall' and yet no one cares to do anything about them other than watch them put on their 'thunder and boom' show.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say you were an alien just dropped into America, or a foreigner, or were born in America but had been in a coma for thirty odd years, and someone was explaining this for the first time to you.

And they said okay, there are two camps, on one side you have a bunch of people who think the flag is sacred and no one should disrespect it and everyone should do this one thing at this set time for three minutes and if you don't like it leave the country no matter what you think.

And this other side, you have a bunch of people who say we like this flag thing as much as anyone but we think everyone should probably stay quiet for these three minutes and be able to do what they feel is right as long as it doesn't physically hurt anyone else,

Which side seems the most reasonable, fair, open, free, brave, kind, generous, tolerant, and the place you would want to be in?

But that possibility ended when they explained what they were " protesting" . CK said he really wasn't feeling the flag. That's where it ended. If some guy kneeled while everyone stood and nothing was said, no media kissed his a$$ cuz they just had to know why , your utopia scenario might work. How about just get rid of it , have a moment of Phukin silence so everyone can imagine their own personal perfect jagoff session and be done with it. No controversy , no problem. Koombayas all around.

Yes, he could.

And it really is just a song. And a flag is just fabric. Inanimate objects.

Here's some food for thought for all of you guys who like to speak on behalf of all veterans ...

About 80% of all homeless adults are veterans.

What's more disrespectful? Kneeling during a song, or not talking about the REAL PROBLEM of too many homeless veterans?

Let's stand and think of homeless vets then. Or we all kneel and think of homeless vets. It is a real problem, bigger than what's currently being talked about. I think most everyone could get behind that.

Guys, the players aren't protesting the flag. Or the Anthem.

Rosa Parks wasn't protesting against the damn bus.

While on a hunger strike, Gandhi wasn't protesting food.

It's the injustice they are protesting.

Duh.

We know they are protesting Cops shooting black people or what ever injustice, Trump saying SOB, whatever. What the players are doing is disrespectful to what the Anthem and Flag stand for. Basically the players selfishly are saying their cause is more important than the 2 minutes to acknowledge and revere what our Nation means and has been through. Disrespect and they brought a political issue into a sport. that is the issue. How much of the past 2 days since they have done this have we solved their protested issue. Seems to me they made it worse for themselves.

Who cares if you're offended by it? So what? Be offended by it. That's you're right. But just saying "I'm offended" doesn't mean I have to stop saying or doing what I want. Neither do the players.

Luckily I wasn't paying to watch you or you would be out the $250 for NFL Sunday Ticket!

Our elders are rolling in their graves right now. You don't kneel. You stand up and use your voice. Bunch of whiny P's. These multi-millionaires get plenty of air time. Talk the talk if they really want to. 200 millionaires could create a political party, create commercials, fund movements...and don't give me that charity bs (which is just a tax write off). Let's see them do something...UNITED. Let's see them TALK about it with one voice. They won't. Let's hear about ONE reason for a protest backed by a single solidarity. They won't. Every other week will be a different "protest". These "protests" are discrediting themselves.

Sure and anyone that feels it's right should be able to masturbate in their pants without exposing themselves because, hey, it doesn't hurt anybody. That's fine with you, correct? You're okay with that?

That's your take? No wonder you guys have a losing argument. That's what you think even one person would do even though for 100 years the anthem has been played and there are no restrictions on what you have to do and there are no known instances that I have ever heard of of that happening? That's where your brain went to? Okay, now I get why you said it.

But that possibility ended when they explained what they were " protesting" . CK said he really wasn't feeling the flag. That's where it ended. If some guy kneeled while everyone stood and nothing was said, no media kissed his a$$ cuz they just had to know why , your utopia scenario might work. How about just get rid of it , have a moment of Phukin silence so everyone can imagine their own personal perfect jagoff session and be done with it. No controversy , no problem. Koombayas all around.

No it didn't end there. That was a simple singular example of the group two. He believes in the flag and wants it to represent everyone. He may be totally misguided, he may be right, it may be in between. But he is protesting for the rights of the flag. That is what he stated.

As for the headline in this thread, Jim Kelly wasn't "disrespected." He thought McCoy's actions were disrespectful and he lost respect for McCoy.

Yeah I was at work and happened to see it on ESPN. Was surprised to see, didn't see a thread made and rushed it.. And thought it was an important topic for this team

Title should be changed..

For the record, I feel Dallas handled this the best way.

Knelt before anthem, but stood and respected the Anthem and everything it stands for,no pun intended.

While I totally understand the kneeling I don't agree with it

That's your take? No wonder you guys have a losing argument. That's what you think even one person would do even though for 100 years the anthem has been played and there are no restrictions on what you have to do and there are no known instances that I have ever heard of of that happening? That's where your brain went to? Okay, now I get why you said it.

No it didn't end there. That was a simple singular example of the group two. He believes in the flag and wants it to represent everyone. He may be totally misguided, he may be right, it may be in between. But he is protesting for the rights of the flag. That is what he stated.

No, that's the door YOU left open. And, you can't see that. That's the point. That's what YOU don't get. That's why your argument fails miserably. But you will never understand that.

That's disrespectful, but protected by law with no repercussions.

I am talking about Social Justice, you will lose your job, any respect from normal people ( allot of Liberals who would applaud ), probably get your butt kicked from any true American ( Go all SOA on you ).

Yeah I was at work and happened to see it on ESPN. Was surprised to see, didn't see a thread made and rushed it.. And thought it was an important topic for this team

Title should be changed..

For the record, I feel Dallas handled this the best way.

Knelt before anthem, but stood and respected the Anthem and everything it stands for,no pun intended.

While I totally understand the kneeling I don't agree with it

What Dallas did was a contrived theatrical show with zero meaning. They did nothing, other than doing nothing. Were they kneeling about the domestic violence problem in our country? They're a joke.

No, that's the door YOU left open. And, you can't see that. That's the point. That's what YOU don't get. That's why your argument fails miserably. But you will never understand that.

Because it's not in the real world. You might as well have said, what if one guy wanted slather bird droppings all over his head, do six jumping jacks, then solve a crossword puzzle naked. Sure, that wouldn't be okay, but it would never fukking happen. Like your stupid example.

Is doing crosswords whlist naked a thing?

I mean ... I've never done it. I'd never DO it, of course.

Just wondering if there's anyone else out there .... I mean, anyone out there who really does that kind of thing.

Edited by Gugny

Because it's not in the real world. You might as well have said, what if one guy wanted slather bird droppings all over his head, do six jumping jacks, then solve a crossword puzzle naked. Sure, that wouldn't be okay, but it would never fukking happen. Like your stupid example.

I guy actually did that during a game a security guard. Never say never.

What Dallas did was a contrived theatrical show with zero meaning. They did nothing, other than doing nothing. Were they kneeling about the domestic violence problem in our country? They're a joke.

Loved what Dallas did. Handled it better than any other save perhaps the Steelers. Kneel before the anthem ( we already know what they were protesting, plus a Trump factor), then stand as one. Great stuff.

Loved what Dallas did. Handled it better than any other save perhaps the Steelers. Kneel before the anthem ( we already know what they were protesting, plus a Trump factor), then stand as one. Great stuff.

Big difference being Tomlin having the balls to speak his mind after the game.