Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

The type of people that use "free speech" during our National Anthem only care about themselves. They could care less what is going on around them. They use a fake cause brought on by Kapernick supporting a Castro shirt and cops are pigs socks. This is their cause for social justice. What is lost is what our Anthem and our Flag mean. funny how people call out "Freedom of Speech" the 1st Amendment rights but forget how we got those RIGHTS! The Anthem and Flag are the reminders of why we are a great Nation and why those Rights are so important. But selfish people only see one side and care less who they hurt along the way. I canceled my NFL Sunday Ticket and won't watch another NFL game till Politics are taken out of the NFL. Even their own rules forbid those actions. SAD.

See ya

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See ya

talk about inclusive, that's all this stuff ever is when it's goodbye. Why not open your perspective, because isn't that what this whole thing is supposed to be about? Incorporating communication and talking to other folks? Yeah, well, bye

Because it's not in the real world. You might as well have said, what if one guy wanted slather bird droppings all over his head, do six jumping jacks, then solve a crossword puzzle naked. Sure, that wouldn't be okay, but it would never fukking happen. Like your stupid example.

Yet you don't see the real world. That's my point. And, as pointed out, my "extreme" example basically happened. But, I'm sure you're okay with that.

Yet you don't see the real world. That's my point. And, as pointed out, my "extreme" example basically happened. But, I'm sure you're okay with that.

It didn't happen. Not in the real world. We were only talking about players on the sideline during the anthem. That's it. Someone said some security guy somewhere masturbated and you claim that's a player and part of the equation?

It didn't happen. Not in the real world. We were only talking about players on the sideline during the anthem. That's it. Someone said some security guy somewhere masturbated and you claim that's a player and part of the equation?

You are a liar his post never stated that the masturbation would be occurring by a player on the field during the anthem.

Here is his post:

Sure and anyone that feels it's right should be able to masturbate in their pants without exposing themselves because, hey, it doesn't hurt anybody. That's fine with you, correct? You're okay with that?

Here is the security guard masturbating on the field:

http://deadspin.com/former-chargers-security-guard-pleads-guilty-after-gett-1795322320

Yup you are wrong as usual.

talk about inclusive, that's all this stuff ever is when it's goodbye. Why not open your perspective, because isn't that what this whole thing is supposed to be about? Incorporating communication and talking to other folks? Yeah, well, bye

I never said anything about inclusiveness and I'm not trying to be inclusive. All opinions are not equal. Some are just straight garbage.

I never said anything about inclusiveness and I'm not trying to be inclusive. All opinions are not equal. Some are just straight garbage.

yes but your instant dismissal of somebody for stating their opinion is part of the problem and if you cannot see that I don't know what to tell you. It is being inclusive

You are a liar his post never stated that the masturbation would be occurring by a player on the field during the anthem.

Here is his post:

Here is the security guard masturbating on the field:

http://deadspin.com/former-chargers-security-guard-pleads-guilty-after-gett-1795322320

Yup you are wrong as usual.

I started the hypothetical, moron. I wasn't talking about what people in the stands or security guys were doing physically in any way. It was only about how people THOUGHT about what the players were doing. Something apparently you have trouble with.

I started the hypothetical, moron. I wasn't talking about what people in the stands or security guys were doing physically in any way. It was only about how people THOUGHT about what the players were doing. Something apparently you have trouble with.

So you're already pulling the ad hominem game out. It was YOUR hypothetical and it backfired. Do you still not see how your point was wrong? Do you see how what you said is incorrect and can't exist in the real world. That's all we're pointing out here. Seriously, don't take it personally, just look at it for how it really is.

Man when you are wrong it really irritates you enough to insult other prople. You must be a blast considering how extremely off putting, generally dishonest, and brutally immature when you insult others. You posted a hypothetical he posted a hypothetical. You said his could never happen. I posted that it actually did. Then you make stuff up, get mad, and insult. Sad Edited by Bill_with_it

yes but your instant dismissal of somebody for stating their opinion is part of the problem and if you cannot see that I don't know what to tell you. It is being inclusive

It's the asinine opinion of a phony patriot, spewing garbage without any real thought behind it. Doesn't merit more than a cursory dismissal.

It's the asinine opinion of a phony patriot, spewing garbage without any real thought behind it. Doesn't merit more than a cursory dismissal.

well maybe he is protesting a phony activist spewing garbage without any real thought behind it. Doesn't married anymore than a cursory dismissal.

So you're already pulling the ad hominem game out. It was YOUR hypothetical and it backfired. Do you still not see how your point was wrong? Do you see how what you said is incorrect and can't exist in the real world. That's all we're pointing out here. Seriously, don't take it personally, just look at it for how it really is.

Apparently you cannot read.

Here is what I said...

Let's say you were an alien just dropped into America, or a foreigner, or were born in America but had been in a coma for thirty odd years, and someone was explaining this for the first time to you.

And they said okay, there are two camps, on one side you have a bunch of people who think the flag is sacred and no one should disrespect it and everyone should do this one thing at this set time for three minutes and if you don't like it leave the country no matter what you think.

And this other side, you have a bunch of people who say we like this flag thing as much as anyone but we think everyone should probably stay quiet for these three minutes and be able to do what they feel is right as long as it doesn't physically hurt anyone else,

Which side seems the most reasonable, fair, open, free, brave, kind, generous, tolerant, and the place you would want to be in?

Okay. That's what I said. In paragraph two, and paragraph three, the two times I used the word "everyone" that was clearly talking about the players, kneeling or not kneeling. It's obvious. No one is really arguing what people at home or in the stands are doing during the anthem. We are only talking about the players. And what they are doing during the three minutes, READ: ANTHEM.

So someone mentioning a security guard wanking doesn't fit into that equation. A player. Never. Ever. Ever. Is going to do that on the sideline. So it's monumentally stupid to bring that up as a rebuke to my hypothetical of players "doing what they want" - meaning, obviously, the few things they could be doing, including Shady stretching. It's just imbecilic to bring up a security guard jerking off as something a player would do.

Here is what I said...

Let's say you were an alien just dropped into America, or a foreigner, or were born in America but had been in a coma for thirty odd years, and someone was explaining this for the first time to you.

And they said okay, there are two camps, on one side you have a bunch of people who think the flag is sacred and no one should disrespect it and everyone should do this one thing at this set time for three minutes and if you don't like it leave the country no matter what you think.

And this other side, you have a bunch of people who say we like this flag thing as much as anyone but we think everyone should probably stay quiet for these three minutes and be able to do what they feel is right as long as it doesn't physically hurt anyone else,

Which side seems the most reasonable, fair, open, free, brave, kind, generous, tolerant, and the place you would want to be in?

Okay. That's what I said. In paragraph two, and paragraph three, the two times I used the word "everyone" that was clearly talking about the players, kneeling or not kneeling. It's obvious. No one is really arguing what people at home or in the stands are doing during the anthem. We are only talking about the players. And what they are doing during the three minutes, READ: ANTHEM.

So someone mentioning a security guard wanking doesn't fit into that equation. A player. Never. Ever. Ever. Is going to do that on the sideline. So it's monumentally stupid to bring that up as a rebuke to my hypothetical of players "doing what they want" - meaning, obviously, the few things they could be doing, including Shady stretching. It's just imbecilic to bring up a security guard jerking off as something a player would do.

Dude, you don't even get what you yourself are saying. You opened the door for any possibility there. You just don't get it. You really don't. There is no explaining it to you EVEN with your own words.

Dude, you don't even get what you yourself are saying. You opened the door for any possibility there. You just don't get it. You really don't. There is no explaining it to you EVEN with your own words.

So all these threads, all these tweets, news stories, arguments, talk radio discussions, and exchanges between warring factions has been about what security guards do during the anthem? What fans in the stands do? What people on message boards do? That's what this has been all about?

I guess I was wrong. I thought it was only about what the players were doing.

Damn, I really thought when everyone was talking about one specific thing that they were talking about that one specific thing.

Who knew?

How about if during the national anthem they carried on the field the casket of an American soldier draped with the American flag? How many would kneel or stretch then. I am so done with this. Some idiots will never understand. If I was Jim Kelly I'd never set foot in that stadium again.

Picture that and let it sink in for a minute

Edited by bmur66

How about if during the national anthem they carried on the field the casket of an American soldier draped with the American flag? How many would kneel or stretch then. I am so done with this. Some idiots will never understand. If I was Jim Kelly I'd never set foot in that stadium again.

This is a really practical, well thought out, logical way of putting this into perspective.

They would all stand and respect that individual who died. And if a player didn't I'd be ticked. But it would be his choice.

If the owners decide they want their players to stand every time then players will have to decide if protesting in this manner is worth their job. Until then they have the right to protest in this manner, and we all have the right to react how we wish. For me I understand their protest is about how blacks are treated, and that this is a most public way to bring light to that. I don't like it very much but I'm not black either.

Many players also give a lot of time and money to their communities. And the argument that they are multimillionaires and should shut up and play football is wrong. Our rights don't have price tags.

Here is what I said...

I just walked into this and respect you as a poster, but you should really stop pretending it's a hypothetical argument. While you originally wrote it as one, you clearly do not mean it to be one.

Or maybe you can help me understand your point, for me, taking a specific situation and turning it into a hypothetical usually means opening up the situation and generalizing it so as to explore the principles at work and that they apply in any situation.

I guess your wording implies to me this isn't about the players anymore, just two different philosophies which could or would apply anywhere the national anthem is being played. Which would open it up to anyone. But that's not what you wanted.

Ignoring intentions, I would say LeSean and any other players who ignore the moment and carry on quietly with something else are being intolerant of the national anthem by ignoring thus disrespecting it. That does not seem kind or generous, but somewhat tolerant by staying quiet while also intolerant at the same time.

Has LeSean had to face any consequences for his actions other than people like JK calling him out about it? Has he been assaulted, lost his job or thrown in jail? Luckily for the alien, we don't live in a society that is rigidly divided into 2 groups.

Playing the national anthem to honor a fallen soldier is very different (for some) than playing the national anthem to honor our country. I get that for you it is not. For others, they feel their reality of what this country is differs so much from the ideal that they respectfully kneel to call attention to it. Picture that and let it sink in for a minute.