Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

I disagree with the way Jim Kelly went about making it, but I do think he has a point.

I still fully defend his right to do so, but Lesean McCoy took it a little far for me and I am one who has been passionately defending the players taking a knee for days.

I don't see kneeling with your head bowed with arms around your fellow teammate as disrespectful. But McCoy almost seems to be purposely trying to be disrespectful by rolling around and stretching the whole time, and it also bothers me that he was the only player on the team (that I'm aware of) that wasn't standing arm in arm or kneeling in unity with the rest of his teammates. He seems to have been the only one off doing his own individual thing when the rest of his teammates were trying to show unity.

We all know McCoy likes being an individual but it would have been a good day to show your unity with the rest of the team.

Anyway... Just my opinion anyway and I fully understand anyone who disagrees with it.

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That toy gun looked almost exactly like a real gun. It's a tragedy to be sure, but obviously a huge factor in the case.

A toy gun, nonetheless. He as doing nothing wrong, cops drove right up to him and shot him. No questions asked.

Even if this was a good cop making a terrible error- he gets away with it. That's the gist of the problem.

What instructions didn't Tamir Rice follow.

for those that don't know - 12 year old black with a toy gun was shot and killed by cops. They got away with it.

It wasn't a toy gun, it was a pellet gun styled to look exactly like a real gun and lacking the typical orange tip to identify it as not being a real gun.

I'd like to see you differentiate between a real gun and a pellet gun as described above in the split second that is required to save your own life. I have been around guns of all kinds for years and know even I would likely not be able to tell the difference.

It wasn't a toy gun, it was a pellet gun styled to look exactly like a real gun and lacking the typical orange tip to identify it as not being a real gun.

I'd like to see you differentiate between a real gun and a pellet gun as described above in the split second that is required to save your own life. I have been around guns of all kinds for years and know even I would likely not be able to tell the difference.

How was anyones life in danger? The cop drove up next to him and shot him.

And no, I couldn't differentiate between a fake or real gun, but i'm not a cop either. So if you can't tell if it's a toy or not- you shoot a 12 year old kid in the chest. How about pull the car a hundred feet away and ask a question or 2 before killing the kid and then pinning down his sister while the kid lay there dying.

Edited by klos63

Everybody is special, everbody has made sacrifices... Get over it.

"Days turn to minutes

And minutes to memories

Life sweeps away the dreams

That we have planned

You are young and you are the future

So suck it up and tough it out

And be the best you can

The old man had a vision but it was hard for me to follow

I do things my way and I pay a high price

When I think back on the old man and the bus ride

Now that I'm older I can see he was right..."

A toy gun, nonetheless. He as doing nothing wrong, cops drove right up to him and shot him. No questions asked.

Even if this was a good cop making a terrible error- he gets away with it. That's the gist of the problem.

I remember reading about it at the time. I don't recall it going quite the way you describe. No verbal command to drop the weapon? I find that hard to believe. Even harder that a jury would acquit. They have to find that a reasonable person would have reacted in the same way. Even if a mistake was made. Sounds like a very isolated incident. A jury acquitted OJ to the amazement of many. The system was followed. It obviously doesn't get things right 100% of the time. Is it a national scourge ? I'm not so sure about that. Did we hear cries for reform after OJ?

I agree with all of that. The point was only that the peer pressure or the binding for legit reasons had nothing to do with their union. Their lockerroom. Their brotherhood. Sure. But he was implying players being unified or sticking with each other was just because they were fellow union members is absurd.

Ohh, I guess I agree, for the most part. I'm sure there is some minor implication. DeMarice Smith is an idiotic loudmouth (see, last CBA). So, I could see some possible implication he might have tried to create. I am trying to ignore the whole thing, as I find the whole issue to be polarizing and annoying, and worse so on social media. Talking about sheet online is 100% different than talking about it in person, and this subject is better to talk about in person.

I remember reading about it at the time. I don't recall it going quite the way you describe. No verbal command to drop the weapon? I find that hard to believe. Even harder that a jury would acquit. They have to find that a reasonable person would have reacted in the same way. Even if a mistake was made. Sounds like a very isolated incident. A jury acquitted OJ to the amazement of many. The system was followed. It obviously doesn't get things right 100% of the time. Is it a national scourge ? I'm not so sure about that. Did we hear cries for reform after OJ?

I'm pretty sure my interpretation is accurate. Watch the video, pulled up very close- too close for standard procedure from what I read, and fired immediately. This is not an isolated incident. With body cams, we are seeing some very questionable shootings.

Nfl game operations manula states:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

SHOULDA, coulda, didn't.

Should, not must. Words are important. And when was that policy written?

I'm pretty sure my interpretation is accurate. Watch the video, pulled up very close- too close for standard procedure from what I read, and fired immediately. This is not an isolated incident. With body cams, we are seeing some very questionable shootings.

We are seeing them due to the 24/7 media cycle , social media and politically driven news . It doesn't mean there are more of them occurring and the statistical eveidence doesn't support the narrative. That one to me is a stunner. I haven't watched it I'm taking your account as fact. I watched the dash cam video from the Castile shooting. I'm not sure if it has been made available to the public. Unfortunately the guy reached after being told not to. I felt the Officer and the way he handled it was clearly not cut out for Police work. He was fired. But his reaction was not criminal. There are certain protections in use of force that need to be there for obvious reasons. The Cops have to have an advantage. Not everyone is capable of being a cop, but it takes an unreasonable response by the letter of the law to be found criminal. Trials and juries. I'm not sure of a better way. That's why instructions are given , clearly. It's easy to Monday morning quarterback. But what you describe is baffling to me how an acquittal could result. Police shooting per annum have been fairly consistent .

And this whole thing is some part of a financial deal with the military or something? If so get rid of it. Get rid of the anthem or keep players in locker rooms a la the NCAA.