Week 4: Falcons' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@willmcfadden

Quinn says they'll see where Beasley and Upshaw are this week. Schraeder and Allen are still in concussion protocol. #Falcons

Quinn says the #Falcons wildcat package with Sanu will henceforth be referred to as "12-gauge"

@FalconsKelsey

Dan Quinn is optimistic they will get Ryan Schraeder back this week.

@DOrlandoAJC

#Falcons coach Dan Quinn said WR Julio Jones will be limited with a back injury, but is expected to play vs. #Bills.

#Falcons coach Dan Quinn was pleased with the play of Ty Sambrailo. They can fix how he got bull rushed on the two sacks.

#Falcons coach Dan Quinn remains in favor of the 10-second rule.

Gonna take a total team effort against the Falcons. On the road. Need an error free game. Gotta keep it close and try to steal it at the end. Been doin bong hits of koolaid all day after that Denver win so Ill say 27-26 Bills. Why not? Need Dareus to show up and be the game changer we all know he can be.

Dan Quinn talks Falcons' red zone defense, Lions ending, Takk's progression, Bills and more

QuinnAP_17267765195384.jpg

There were plenty of topics to discuss after the Falcons' big road win on Sunday.

Falcons coach Dan Quinn ‘optimistic’ Ryan Schraeder will return for Bills game
RyanSchraederReturn_KC.jpg

Dan Quinn provided an injury update following the Week 3 win over the Detroit Lions

Quinn scouts Bills' run game (1:19)
Head coach Dan Quinn now plans for the Falcons' next matchup against the Buffalo Bills at home in Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Surprised there wasn't more uproar over the Falcons last game.

Absolutely brutal way to end a game.

I've heard about that I just haven't looked into it.

I did see a picture where his knee was down on the half yard and the ball on plane but you need a few more frames prior to judge it.

To me a lot depends on a Bill who won't even see the field - Rick Dennison, OC.

If the gameplan and playcalling are designed with Tyrod's strengths and not his weaknesses in mind then the Bills have a chance to at least be competitive. Scheme around what he can do, and not what he can't and Taylor can give you enuf to have some success against even a better D than Atlanta has. If Dennison fails to do that we might be looking at a blowout. The D is improved but our secondary is pretty young, hasn't played together much and Atlanta is the most explosive O in the league.

Sure hope Dareus is up to it and has a good game. Coleman and Freeman are a very good RB tandem.

Any update on Jerel Worthy?

How much longer do they expect him to be in concussion protocol?

Until he can achieve the baseline limits he established before the season began, he won't pass the protocol. Like Pomminville, if he was having a really good cognition day when he established those baselines, it may be difficult to replicate.

To me a lot depends on a Bill who won't even see the field - Rick Dennison, OC.

If the gameplan and playcalling are designed with Tyrod's strengths and not his weaknesses in mind then the Bills have a chance to at least be competitive. Scheme around what he can do, and not what he can't and Taylor can give you enuf to have some success against even a better D than Atlanta has. If Dennison fails to do that we might be looking at a blowout. The D is improved but our secondary is pretty young, hasn't played together much and Atlanta is the most explosive O in the league.

Sure hope Dareus is up to it and has a good game. Coleman and Freeman are a very good RB tandem.

Week 2 in Carolina was a lesson learned for Rico it seems. He and Tyrod collaborated on the gameplan with Rico selecting formations and plays more suitable to his skillset in the game yesterday. It was pretty evident in the results we saw in the passing game with the run game still bogged down.

FWIW:

@SalSports

Matt Ryan has been sacked 6+ times only four times in NFL career. But three of them were by Sean McDermott Ds (the other by Bills in 2013)

All total, Ryan has been sacked 46 times in 13 games (3.54/game) against McDermott defenses, counting games as Eagles and Panthers DC.

Now that is some investigative reporting right there Sal. kinda stuff that is fact AND fun to read.

Good work, Honestly!

Hopes Bills make it a game. I have seen not any quit in them so far and expect them to play. I enjoy that.

Makes you want to root for them. They do have a chance to win. as long as there is a chance ? !! :thumbsup:

I doubt we will see the same clunker as in Carolina. If you take the coaches at face value, every game is an evolution, and I'm guessing that TT will get more and more comfortable with the design. I also don't expect Atlanta's D to have as much immediate upfront pressure on Tyrod.

Week 2 in Carolina was a lesson learned for Rico it seems. He and Tyrod collaborated on the gameplan with Rico selecting formations and plays more suitable to his skillset in the game yesterday. It was pretty evident in the results we saw in the passing game with the run game still bogged down.

WE knew that Dennison Had to show an adjustment or 3 after Carolina. Glad Tyrod was up to the task. but plenty more work to be done all over the Offense's game.

I was delighted the improvement they showed against Denver chucking the ball. Not so much running..

Defense took a step back. Small step, and then recovered nicely.

Falcons will test the mettle of Fraziers Boys, and Sean likely.

It was, but it's a !@#$ed up rule.... considering the fact that the Lions had a TO left.

Awful.

If they had a timeout, they could have called it. They had already used their 3 timeouts.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/09/24/detroit-lions-atlanta-falcons-final-play/698448001/

Why didn't the Lions have any timeouts left at that time?

The Lions used all three of their second-half timeouts to stop the clock on the Falcons' previous drive. Atlanta began its final possession with 2:52 on the clock. The Lions used their first timeout after a 1-yard run by Devonta Freeman with 2:48 to play, their second after a short pass to Mo Sanu with 2:44 left, and their last after a pass to Julio Jones with 2:31 to play. They had to stop the clock on defense to conserve time for their offense.

All I know is I said we'd get blown out in Carolina and was wrong as we almost won. I said we'd get killed by Denver and Von, wrong again!. This defense is special and we should be able to run on the Falcons. I won't under appreciate this team anymore. I won't predict who wins but the Bills will compete.

All I know is I said we'd get blown out in Carolina and was wrong as we almost won. I said we'd get killed by Denver and Von, wrong again!. This defense is special and we should be able to run on the Falcons. I won't under appreciate this team anymore. I won't predict who wins but the Bills will compete.

Why mess things up when you're on a roll?

Let's hope this is the game we can really get Shady going!

In case it helps, here's some info from the Atlanta Bills Backers:

Bills in Atlanta - Weekend Events

Sunday, October 1st - Game Day Tailgate!

The Official BBA Tailgate is located at 157 Luckie Street downtown! We will have food from Duff's and Galla's along with music, games, and all the Bills fans you can handle. The lot is sold out if you wanted to drive, but is easily walk-able from either Marta (Peachree center station) or an uber is always the best choice. There is PLENTY of room for everyone to join us at this location!!

The tailgate starts at 9AM officially with catering provided by Duff's Wings and Galla's pizza starting at 11 am. Food will cost $10 per plate with 100% of the proceeds going to charity! Bring cash!!! Remember to bring your own beverages and that alcohol is not on sale before 12:30 on Sunday!!

Saturday, September 30th - Night Before Party

The BBA will be hosting two parties the night before that will be unforgettable. The party at Whitehall is sold out, but there are tickets still available for the party at Tavern at Medlock. Party is $30 from 6 to 9 PM all you can eat/drink. You can purchase tickets ahead of time via our website: www.billsbackersatl.com

Go Bills!

-BBA Committee (Allison, Alex, Caity, Ronni and John)

Edited by Augie

I'm aware.

I thought Detroit had a time out left at which point I thought it was lunacy there was a 10 second run off and Detroit couldn't use their time out after the review.

Apparently I'm wrong. They used all their TOs.

Except Detroit didn't ask for a replay. It was an officials replay. So why the 10 second runoff?

Except Detroit didn't ask for a replay. It was an officials replay. So why the 10 second runoff?

It doesn't seem exactly fair, but with 8 seconds left on the clock, the officials / rule book determine that it would be wholly unfair to have the replay and give Detroit enough time to concoct a play, get to the line and snap the ball when in 8 seconds it's almost impossible although I think it could be done. So, putting the time on the clock, essentially would have given Detroit an extra TO and more time to get organized which is certainly an unfair extension. Just unfortunate wacky thing....

How good is the Falcons O-line? It's great to have an army of deep threats but if Ryan is on his keester...?

They're pretty solid at the tackle and center spots, but Levitre is getting long in the tooth, and the RG position has been weak this season after Chris Chester retired. Wes Schweitzer--a 2nd-year converted OT from SJ State--has looked largely out of place in pass protection, and can be taken advantage of by quicker DTs.

If Ryan Schraeder is out at RT, then Ty Sambrailo is a guy you can attack with your pass rush as well. Shaq would actually be a pretty good matchup against him since he's less speed and more power, and Sambrailo lacks the sand-in-his-pants prototypical RT build.

Early Bird Report: McNabb calls Falcons 'overrated'

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- After reflecting on their close road win, the Falcons (3-0) are ready to turn the page and focus on a home matchup against another tough opponent in the Buffalo Bills (2-1). There are a few aspects of the game to sharpen up on for Atlanta, but returning to the friendly confines of Mercedes-Benz Stadium should provide a nice boost.

Today’s Early Bird Report includes an introduction to the “Excitement Index,” a former NFL player calling the Falcons overrated and some injury news from within the division.

Enjoy!

It doesn't seem exactly fair, but with 8 seconds left on the clock, the officials / rule book determine that it would be wholly unfair to have the replay and give Detroit enough time to concoct a play, get to the line and snap the ball when in 8 seconds it's almost impossible although I think it could be done. So, putting the time on the clock, essentially would have given Detroit an extra TO and more time to get organized which is certainly an unfair extension. Just unfortunate wacky thing....

Did you see what the Iggles did with 7 seconds?

The Bills defense has been top-10 in the NFL against both the pass and run. The problem for the Bills is that Atlanta has been almost as stingy against the run as our own defense, allowing only 85.0 YPG. Much like the Denver game, I think the Bills must be at least +1 if not +2 in the turnover battle to win this one on the road. Let's not forget that Denver was better passing and better running the football on Sunday. The only difference in that game was really turnovers. They had 94 more yards of offense and 5 more first downs.

The Bills defense has been top-10 in the NFL against both the pass and run. The problem for the Bills is that Atlanta has been almost as stingy against the run as our own defense, allowing only 85.0 YPG. Much like the Denver game, I think the Bills must be at least +1 if not +2 in the turnover battle to win this one on the road. Let's not forget that Denver was better passing and better running the football on Sunday. The only difference in that game was really turnovers. They had 94 more yards of offense and 5 more first downs.

total rushing yards over 3 weeks

Bears 8th - 121.7 ypg

Lions 17th - 97 ypg

Packers 27th - 69 ypg

Also we were much more efficient with the yards we gained largely due to our red zone performance both from an offensive and defensive perspective than the Broncos.

Again, this largely has to do with good coaching, game day preparation and play calling.

Edited by Magox