Week 4: Falcons' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander can fill in at DE as well. Would like to have Shaq but won't worry if he's out.

Yarbrough has looked decent so far in his limited time.

Plus you would think the $100 million dollar man in and Shaq out would still be a net positive for a defense. At least you would hope.

Week 4: Keys to Falcons-Bills matchup (5:45)

These ATL analysts say Shady is on the downside of his career.

Falcons vs. Bills: Red-zone play crucial, Bills' secondary gelling, 4 more things to know

Not even close to reality as we know. Shady literally should have had zero or negative rushing yards in the last game. He made chicken salad out of chicken you know what against Denver. Bills line has been allowing the least amount of yards gained before contact. Good news is Atlanta defense is giving up the third most yards per rush in the league at 4.8 I think the run game gets going this week. It will at least be a whole lot better than it was the last two weeks.

Not even close to reality as we know. Shady literally should have had zero or negative rushing yards in the last game. He made chicken salad out of chicken you know what against Denver. Bills line has been allowing the least amount of yards gained before contact. Good news is Atlanta defense is giving up the third most yards per rush in the league at 4.8 I think the run game gets going this week. It will at least be a whole lot better than it was the last two weeks.

I'd like to preface what I'm about to say that I think Shady is an amazing RB and even though he was stuffed in the running game his receptions were invaluable to our win.

Having said that, there were plenty of plays where lost yardage that he could have made minimal gains or have gotten to the LOS, but rather attempted to bounce it out and as a result lost more yardage. Do you believe that Tolbert was able to get 3.7 yards a carry that game on 11 carries because the Broncos didn't anticipate him running the ball? The reason why Tolbert was more effective running the ball was because he was more north south with his approach.

Basically I disagree with the underlined part up above. But I do agree with your larger point that the offensive line has been porous in the ground game over the past 2 games.

lawson-9-29-story.jpg

Shaq Lawson is a question mark for Sunday. Dion Dawkins likely to make his second straight start and Marcell Dareus expected to return to the lineup.

Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media prior to practice topics include; the challenge facing the Atlanta receivers, the different skill set of the defensive backfield, and an injury update.

I'd like to preface what I'm about to say that I think Shady is an amazing RB and even though he was stuffed in the running game his receptions were invaluable to our win.

Having said that, there were plenty of plays where lost yardage that he could have made minimal gains or have gotten to the LOS, but rather attempted to bounce it out and as a result lost more yardage. Do you believe that Tolbert was able to get 3.7 yards a carry that game on 11 carries because the Broncos didn't anticipate him running the ball? The reason why Tolbert was more effective running the ball was because he was more north south with his approach.

Basically I disagree with the underlined part up above. But I do agree with your larger point that the offensive line has been porous in the ground game over the past 2 games.

You need to factor in that we don't call the same run plays with Tolbert. And why would we? Tolbert is strictly a north to south runner. If we only called north to south running plays with McCoy I'm sure he would likely have a much better average in the last game.

@mikerodak

Bills players will hold a meeting Friday afternoon to decide how to address national anthem this Sunday

@MatthewFairburn

Yes confirmed by ESPN:

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0705482128879525619-4

Allen is out too. The Falcons are banged up pretty bad.

The only way this could have set up better for the Bills would be if the Falcons had won a convincing victory last Sunday. I don't like playing teams coming off "close-calls." They have a fresh reminder to be diligent in preparation and energetic in their execution.

Yarbrough has looked decent so far in his limited time.

Plus you would think the $100 million dollar man in and Shaq out would still be a net positive for a defense. At least you would hope.

Their rush D is bad and they are going to be missing more pieces on Sunday...hopefully Shady can get rolling.

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. – The Falcons will be without five players -- three of whom are starters -- on Sunday when they take on the Buffalo Bills (2-1) at Mercedes-Benz Stadium.

Ryan Schraeder (concussion), Ricardo Allen (concussion), Vic Beasley (hamstring), Courtney Upshaw (ankle/knee) and Terron Ward (neck/shoulder) have all been ruled out.
Ty Sambrailo will fill in for Schraeder at right tackle as he has the previous two games. Atlanta’s first-round draft pick, Takkarist McKinley, will take Beasley’s place again. McKinley recorded his first career sack and played over 50 snaps at defensive end during the 30-26 win over the Lions in Week 3.
Rookie Damontae Kazee will fill in for Allen at free safety, earning his first career start.

@NickVeronica

#Bills fill open roster spot by promoting DE Eric Lee from prac squad. Deandre Coleman was released earlier this wk w/ Worthy & Dareus back

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills have promoted DE Eric Lee from the practice squad. Likely just in case Shaq Lawson can’t play Sunday.

@BuffRumblings

Shady, Dawkins among the keys to victory on Sunday.

@NickVeronica

#Bills fill open roster spot by promoting DE Eric Lee from prac squad. Deandre Coleman was released earlier this wk w/ Worthy & Dareus back

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills have promoted DE Eric Lee from the practice squad. Likely just in case Shaq Lawson can’t play Sunday.

@BuffRumblings

Shady, Dawkins among the keys to victory on Sunday.

Why cut one DE just to promote another from the PS?

Great, the Tyrod haters are already lining up their excuses for why beating the Falcons really didn't prove anything...

Their defense is below average even without the injuries. Beasley did lead the league in sacks last year so that's a huge loss for them. The other injuries shouldn't affect things much. If we can't run the ball on Atlanta that means we have serious problems because their run defense isn't good even before the injuries. On defense we need to get a pass rush going so IMO Schraeder being out is the biggest loss for them. If it turns into a pass happy shootout we'll be happy Beasley is gone for sure.

Something useful from Rodak

As the Bills stretched at Friday's practice, they played Atlanta's "Rise Up" theme song with Samuel L. Jackson over the speakers, as well as "11 Birds" by Migos, which is about Julio Jones and the Falcons. It is not unusual for the Bills to play opponent-themed music at Friday practices before road games, as both a motivational tool and a simulation of what they'll hear in the road venue.

TIL.

Something useful from Rodak

As the Bills stretched at Friday's practice, they played Atlanta's "Rise Up" theme song with Samuel L. Jackson over the speakers, as well as "11 Birds" by Migos, which is about Julio Jones and the Falcons. It is not unusual for the Bills to play opponent-themed music at Friday practices before road games, as both a motivational tool and a simulation of what they'll hear in the road venue.

TIL.

Love it. They gotta go in to ATL like they own the place.

I'm liking the little things this staff is doing.