Week 4: Falcons' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to keep expectations real here. Atlanta is the best team in the NFL, in their own building.

Going to be a tough game. I just want to see them continue to play a solid disciplined game. I doubt they can close the talent gap in this one.

The only way to win this is to force Ryan to throw some picks, which can happen, and dominate the running game.

Edited by BeginnersMind

Trying to keep expectations real here. Atlanta is the best team in the NFL, in their own building.

Going to be a tough game. I just want to see them continue to play a solid disciplined game. I doubt they can close the talent gap in this one.

The only way to win this is to force Ryan to throw some picks, which can happen, and dominate the running game.

They've only played 1 game in that building.....

McD's experiance facing the Falcons should help with having a solid gameplan. I think the oline and running game comes back and Buffalo will have a shot to win in the 4th.

Julio Jones had 300 receiving yards against the Panthers in one of their games last year. I hope McD learned from that experience.

Falcons are tough. I think Ryan is going to have to be dropped a lot to shake his confidence. Julio was hurt as well, which could help us out a bit.

I think we need to be careful of their run game as well - stopping Coleman and Freeman is no easy feat.

Falcons are tough. I think Ryan is going to have to be dropped a lot to shake his confidence. Julio was hurt as well, which could help us out a bit.

I think we need to be careful of their run game as well - stopping Coleman and Freeman is no easy feat.

So, watch their run game and passing game....got it

Big test for the defense obviously.

Offensively, we actually match up with them pretty well. They're mostly built on speed with their EDGE guys and LBs, as Poe is really the only stout run defender that they have in their front 7. Their corners are very strong, and while the safeties are big-hitters, they aren't great in coverage. Buffalo's offensive formula of hammering with the run and hitting a few big gainers on the interior is actually pretty well-suited for this matchup.

This would be a really good game to execute ball-control. If Atlanta's offense gets going--which it can against even the best of defenses--the Bills will get run out of the building.

Offensively, we actually match up with them pretty well. They're mostly built on speed with their EDGE guys and LBs, as Poe is really the only stout run defender that they have in their front 7. Their corners are very strong, and while the safeties are big-hitters, they aren't great in coverage. Buffalo's offensive formula of hammering with the run and hitting a few big gainers on the interior is actually pretty well-suited for this matchup.

This would be a really good game to execute ball-control. If Atlanta's offense gets going--which it can against even the best of defenses--the Bills will get run out of the building.

They have an impressive arsenal with Jones, Sanu, Gabriel, Freeman, and Coleman.

Vic Beasley is out so that helps a bunch. They have some smaller backers, it makes almost toooooo much sense to come out and play some ball control, power football.

I don't believe we will have the luxury to start off as slow as we have over the past couple games. I think we will need to put up at least 25 to have a shot at winning this one.

Won't be able to have many 3 and outs early. The defense will have their hands full, if they are trotting back out there short on breath it's going to get ugly quick.

Someone needs to find that Shady picture from last week and post it again this week. Apparently the offense just needed to know which direction to run!

They have an impressive arsenal with Jones, Sanu, Gabriel, Freeman, and Coleman.

Don't forget about Austin Hooper

Vic Beasley is out so that helps a bunch. They have some smaller backers, it makes almost toooooo much sense to come out and play some ball control, power football.

Sure does, though I thought Takk looked good in his place yesterday.

I don't believe we will have the luxury to start off as slow as we have over the past couple games. I think we will need to put up at least 25 to have a shot at winning this one.

Probably. It's the kind of game where you'd love to hold them under 20 points, but that just doesn't seem practical. They always score well at home; their 2 lowest home point totals since the 2016 opener were 24 (2016 week 1 vs. TB) and 28 (2016 week 13 vs. KC)

Edited by thebandit27

I'm saying our run defense gets its biggest test Sunday :lol:

just messing with you.....

Can't turn it over - need to keep them off the field and win on 3rd downs.

sound like a coach and an announcers "keys to the game".....just forgot...."control the line of scrimmage"

FWIW:

@SalSports

Matt Ryan has been sacked 6+ times only four times in NFL career. But three of them were by Sean McDermott Ds (the other by Bills in 2013)

All total, Ryan has been sacked 46 times in 13 games (3.54/game) against McDermott defenses, counting games as Eagles and Panthers DC.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I hope for the best, and of course I really want the Bills to win...but the Offense has yet to establish itself and while I think the Bills' Defense is better than we anticipated, we are just 3 games into the season. If the Offense could have done more against Carolina, 3-0 would like real nice, but alas....so, I'm hopeful as always, but still can't see how the Bills come out of Atlanta with a W given the Offensive woes for the Bills, more than anything else....

ATL is allowing 4.8 per carry on the ground. We have got to run the ball and shorten the game.

If we can hold them to FGs and keep it close at the half we have a shot. This is one of those games where we need the breaks, calls and have to get a little lucky.

If the Bills play well and come up a little short I'm still much more encouraged by this team (and our remaining schedule) than I was 3 weeks ago.

Are you referring to offensive plan design or execution by players?

Both

Cause even going back to last Bills offense on the road was iffy

I think out Defense will hold (though will be the Best QB they faced to date).

Edited by MAJBobby

My issue with this game is what Bills Offense shows up. The Home offense or the Road offense that we saw in Carolina.

I think McD outsmarted himself vs Carolina. His knowledge of their scheme and players caused him to give them too much credit.

I like a Jets/week 1 game plan in this one. Pound the rock.

Both

Cause even going back to last Bills offense on the road was iffy

I think out Defense will hold (though will be the Best QB they faced to date).

I doubt we will see the same clunker as in Carolina. If you take the coaches at face value, every game is an evolution, and I'm guessing that TT will get more and more comfortable with the design. I also don't expect Atlanta's D to have as much immediate upfront pressure on Tyrod.

I see this being a competitive game. It's their stellar offense vs. our stellar defense, and on the flip side their defense isn't great. The have some pass rush, but there's hay to be made over the middle. Look for Shady and Clay to have opportunities, and I'm calling it: This is Zay's best game so far in 2017.

So that means Zay will have more than 2 catches or more than 21 yards?

I doubt we will see the same clunker as in Carolina. If you take the coaches at face value, every game is an evolution, and I'm guessing that TT will get more and more comfortable with the design. I also don't expect Atlanta's D to have as much immediate upfront pressure on Tyrod.

This is a reality check for the Bills. Are they really an ascending team as the Broncos game would suggest ? Which game was the aberration - the Carolina one or the Broncos one ? This Sunday will give us a good idea regarding the answer.