Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

Case in point.

Case in second point.

what is the case in point? i disagree with coach tuesday on many things - politics, football views, and he doesn't eat meat.

he still makes good posts about football.

taking away all of his credibility because of one disagreement is happening way too much.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a mischaracterization of what he said. There were many good people there who were only in attendance because they objected to the removal of the monument. They were not Nazis or KKKers. They were objecting to the erasure of our heritage. Sorta like being against book burning.

This is true. It's the non CNN version. In other words, what actually happened. Does anyone know who threw the first punch?

what is the case in point? i disagree with coach tuesday on many things - politics, football views, and he doesn't eat meat.

he still makes good posts about football.

taking away all of his credibility because of one disagreement is happening way too much.

Now you've lost credibility for disagreeing!

Trump polarizing players into boycotting anthem is great for him.

It's also why deciding how to act based on opposing Trump is dumb.

but thats how libs roll

Trump's approval ratings were at an all time high (for him) last week, after a month of normal presidential stuff where he didn't insert himself into a dumb controversy. His ratings were at an all time low (for any president's first year, ever) after Charlottesville. I would bet they fall again after this weekend.

Trump's approval ratings were at an all time high (for him) last week, after a month of normal presidential stuff where he didn't insert himself into a dumb controversy. His ratings were at an all time low (for any president's first year, ever) after Charlottesville. I would bet they fall again after this weekend.

Trump doesn't want approval. He wants attention. As long as people are screaming about him, he's happy as a pig in ****.

You are a good football poster.

You are comically ignorant/misinformed about just about everything else. I'm guessing you live in Florida?

Actually, police shooting data, which is meticulously kept for obvious reasons, indicates that white suspects are shot more frequently than black suspects under the same circumstances.

Much of this "issue" stems from the fact that black Americans are under the misimpression that they are treated differently than white people because they don't know what the "white experience" is, and they make the assumption that it's all roses and sunshine with a side serving of money, not realizing that white people have essentially the same problems they do.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Actually, police shooting data, which is meticulously kept for obvious reasons, indicates that white suspects are shot more frequently than black suspects under the same circumstances.

Much of this "issue" stems from the fact that black Americans are under the misimpression that they are treated differently than white people because they don't know what the "white experience" is, and they make the assumption that it's all roses and sunshine with a side serving of money, not realizing that white people have essentially the same problems they do.

Police shooting data is not meticulously kept. It's very hodgepodge, dependent more on local policies than anything else.

Police shooting data is not meticulously kept. It's very hodgepodge, dependent more on local policies than anything else.

It's not meticulously kept in a single federal database, but it is meticulously kept according with local policies. It has to be because an inquiry follows every shooting incident.

There seems to be a big emphasis on shootings, but throughout my lifetime the main complaint I've heard by black people is the unnecessary hassle by the cops. What's the % of blacks being pulled over compared to other races? What's the % of black people's cars being searched after being pulled over compared to other races? What's the % of black people who get traffic tickets after being pulled over compared to other races? Are police more likely to stop and question a black guy walking down the sidewalk at night or a white guy? Do they use more excessive force when arresting black people? I'd like to see more data on these areas which is more difficult to collect.

Edited by Doc Brown

It's not meticulously kept in a single federal database, but it is meticulously kept according with local policies. It has to be because an inquiry follows every shooting incident.

There seems to be a big emphasis on shootings, but throughout my lifetime the main complaint I've heard by black people is the unnecessary hassle by the cops. What's the % of blacks being pulled over compared to other races? What's the % of black people's cars being searched after being pulled over compared to other races? What's the % of black people who get traffic tickets after being pulled over compared to other races? Are police more likely to stop and question a black guy walking down the sidewalk at night or a white guy? Do they use more excessive force when arresting black people? I'd like to see more data on these areas which is more difficult to collect.

So what you guys are saying is we need a meticulous analysis of history?

:D

Remember when a bunch of people said the Bills should focus on winning first? Well here's what Ron Rivera told his team before their pathetic performance today:

"Ron Rivera advised players to stand for the anthem and to "think of the America we believe in.""

http://wp.me/p14QSB-ap4x

What a dumb move, I think he will be gone at the end of the year. Way to divide your own team coach.

Remember when a bunch of people said the Bills should focus on winning first? Well here's what Ron Rivera told his team before their pathetic performance today:

"Ron Rivera advised players to stand for the anthem and to "think of the America we believe in.""

What a dumb move, I think he will be gone at the end of the year. Way to divide your own team coach.

Either that or Drew Brees is a hell of a football player and any competent offense can outscore Cam Newton at this point.

Edited by Doc Brown

I wonder if Trump's NFL rant is just revenge for the United States Football League he used to own?

Steve Bannon described Trump's strategy. Let the left worry about the race stuff (even by inflaming it a little bit) and we go hard after the economy to win over the blue collar workers in traditional blue states. I think there's a very good chance Trump gets reelected with the same strategy.

But that's not what the protests were started about. I have no idea what they think they are about now. What you describe could be explained simply by populations and where they reside relative to crime levels in the area. Are they supposed to pull over a grandmother that doesn't fit the description of a suspect they got a radio call on just to " keep things equal?"

You have absoultely no idea what you are talking about

Sorry your guys lost today...

Only a few Bills protested that I saw. I was thinking the whole team was going to protest. I don't like the players that protested anymore so I just root for the laundry. Funny, but in the past I would have been ecstatic over a win like today. Much of the shine came off the win for me. Even if it was unrealistic, I liked to think that I actually pulled for players as people. Now I know I don't. It's kind of a downer actually. If the entire team knelt though, I would have pulled for the Broncos .

You have absoultely no idea what you are talking about

Hmmmm . I thought his comments were pretty much correct.

The singer's awful rendition of the anthem was way more offensive than anyone kneeling

Another reason to just get rid of it altogether .

I give him a lot of credit. Love that statement. There is always something wrong somewhere in America.

I wonder if Trump's NFL rant is just revenge for the United States Football League he used to own?

Maybe he wants to start it up again. Make half the NFL audience tune out because of players kneeling during anthem and then piss all the minorities making them tune out. Bring back the USFL and sign Sam Darnold for the New Jersey Generals.

Edited by Doc Brown

But that's not what the protests were started about. I have no idea what they think they are about now. What you describe could be explained simply by populations and where they reside relative to crime levels in the area. Are they supposed to pull over a grandmother that doesn't fit the description of a suspect they got a radio call on just to " keep things equal?"

Kaepernick never specified shootings as the reason he knelled but gave a vague reason basically saying it's because of the way cops treated black people. I understand it's a very complex issues that varies greatly from city to city, but just citing shooting statistics to show there isn't racism among cops towards black people is a little too simplistic imo. Of course I know very little as I grew up in a mostly white suburb, attended a SUNY school where I did make some black friends but they didn't adequately represent the inner city black population, and still work at a school composed almost completely of white students. That's why I feel hesitant to simply condemn black athletes for kneeling during the National Anthem. I need more information.

I posted this in another thread here, but here's a couple links to investigations done by thr US Department of Justice on the Baltimore and Chicago police depts. -

https://www.justice.gov/opa/file/925846/download

https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download

"We find reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of discriminatory policing against African Americans. Statistical evidence shows that the Department intrudes disproportionately upon the lives of African Americans at every stage of its enforcement activities. BPD officers disproportionately stop African Americans; search them more frequently during these stops; and arrest them at rates that significantly exceed relevant benchmarks for criminal activity. African Americans are likewise subjected more often to false arrests. Indeed, for each misdemeanor street offense that we examined, local prosecutors and booking officials dismissed a higher proportion of African-American arrests upon initial review compared to arrests of people from other racial backgrounds. BPD officers also disproportionately use force—including constitutionally excessive force—against African-American subjects. Nearly 90 percent of the excessive force incidents identified by the Justice Department review involve force used against African Americans."

I posted this in another thread here, but here's a couple links to investigations done by thr US Department of Justice on the Baltimore and Chicago police depts. -

https://www.justice.gov/opa/file/925846/download

https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download

"We find reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of discriminatory policing against African Americans. Statistical evidence shows that the Department intrudes disproportionately upon the lives of African Americans at every stage of its enforcement activities. BPD officers disproportionately stop African Americans; search them more frequently during these stops; and arrest them at rates that significantly exceed relevant benchmarks for criminal activity. African Americans are likewise subjected more often to false arrests. Indeed, for each misdemeanor street offense that we examined, local prosecutors and booking officials dismissed a higher proportion of African-American arrests upon initial review compared to arrests of people from other racial backgrounds. BPD officers also disproportionately use forceincluding constitutionally excessive forceagainst African-American subjects. Nearly 90 percent of the excessive force incidents identified by the Justice Department review involve force used against African Americans."

Sure, when Obama was in office.Clearly an agenda by the DOJ. Look , much of what a cop has to do involves profiling individuals. Want them to stop , and just show up after something happens? That's fine I suppose just be ready for more crime. Edited by Boatdrinks

If they protest ( I hope they don't ) I will root for the Broncos. And for injuries. Its just how I feel about it.

But that's not what the protests were started about. I have no idea what they think they are about now.

So you have no idea what the protests are about, you just know you are deeply, deeply offended? Glad to see you took the time to educate yourself on something you have such loud opinions about.

How did you enjoy rooting for the Broncos today? Were you satisfied with the number of injuries today or were you rooting for more?

(And what else does this individual need to say before he gets an infraction for trolling?)

No black person I know has ever even been threatened with being shot.

EVERY black person I know has been pulled over at least once for DWB.

I've been stopped for no reason at all multiple times.

You've never been stopped for no reason at all?

Nope.

I've been stopped when I wasn't doing anything wrong...but the cops always had a reason. (Most often that reason was "I'm an Erie County Sheriff, and I'm just gonna write a fake ticket for ***** and giggles.")

So you have no idea what the protests are about, you just know you are deeply, deeply offended? Glad to see you took the time to educate yourself on something you have such loud opinions about.

How did you enjoy rooting for the Broncos today? Were you satisfied with the number of injuries today or were you rooting for more?

(And what else does this individual need to say before he gets an infraction for trolling?)

Nope. The entire team didnt protest today, like I thought they might. Most didn't participate. So I'm ok with them. Anyway, I know what they were about to begin with, thank you. Who knows what now because I've heard so many different explanations. Still largely untrue and hardly a big problem facing the nation. Please learn how to comprehend what you read. So anyway I pulled for the Bills today except the protesters who I no longer care if they are Bills or not. Edited by Boatdrinks

I think the original protest by Kap basically boiled down to

"LOOK AT ME! I NEED ATTENTION!"

And it got a lot bigger than he expected.

Then Trump sniffed out the opportunity for some sweet, sweet attention of his own. So he said things to get some of that attention for himself.

Then, as usually happens after a round of Trump Attention Whoring™, a bunch of people who don't like Trump, proceed to do the opposite of what Trump says because "He's not my president™". At which point, the person trying to play counter to Trump's demands finds themselves diminished as a result, while Trump suffers no ill, because people already expect Trump to behave like this.

How many times has this played out now? 50? More? Every single time it's the same. Trump puts X person on blast, X person decides to roll up their sleeves and jump in the mud and give Trump what for. And then that person takes a hit to their brand while Trump suffers nothing, because his brand is already being a d***.

I just don't know if Trump is a lot smarter than I originally thought or virtually everyone else is just a lot dumber.

I've been stopped for no reason at all multiple times.

You've never been stopped for no reason at all?

i've been stopped numerous times for no reason. it's always, "we saw you swerve."

as a black man in health care, clearly this is an issue.