Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

Would you be allowed to protest while on the clock, in uniform, representing your company?

The 1st amendment is not as straight forward while you are at work, representing the company. Its up to the company to decide what you can do and/or say.

I wonder how each team handles this? Owners each have personalities. Arthur Blank and Jerry Jones are likely not alike on this matter.

An increase in protesters this Sunday, would they be protesting Trump as well as rights activism and awareness?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed though it bears careful watching. The president pressuring organizations to fire employees for dissent against the government is not a good look.

Is his statement enough to cross the line? Probably not. Is it inappropriate? Certainly is.

Do you think goodell was very cautious in his reply hoping to stand up for his players without receiving punishment? I do. And that's a problem.

Like punishment from the President?

No.

Agreed though it bears careful watching. The president pressuring organizations to fire employees for dissent against the government is not a good look.

Is his statement enough to cross the line? Probably not. Is it inappropriate? Certainly is.

Do you think goodell was very cautious in his reply hoping to stand up for his players without receiving punishment? I do. And that's a problem.

and now we are into the heart of the matter.

always good insight NoSaint.

But likely time to move it off the football board

Yeah, and they've (the NFL) already said that kneeling during the anthem is encouraged but not required. So this is a lot of moaning about nothing at all.

Im just tired of hearing people say this is a violation of 1st amendment and its their right to protest.

Yes, I generally agree with all of that.

Yes. Players aren't people like us and certainly aren't Americans like us. They are required to eat, sleep, ****, breathe and drink football. When making babies, they also better be thinking football. When visiting sick family members = football. Etc. :doh:

No they're not. That's just silly. But seriously, how many of us " protest" while at our workplaces? Are ballplayers somehow different?

EXACTLY!!! I am as big a lover of our flag as anyone, but our clown Prez makes me want to wretch. I !@#$ing hate him.

You have no right to "free speech" in your workplace (unless you have a contract that states you do). The right to free speech covers government suppression of speech. (I am sure a constitutional attorney or two can cover it well in here.) If your employer doesn't like you saying "the color blue" and you are an at-will employee? Bub-bye.

The truth is this is a PR disaster of the NFL's making. Stands are empty, viewing is down, and the number one reason listed last year was the SJWs on the field. If the NFL can tell Dallas "no" to honoring the police, fine players for wearing "unauthorized" gear, etc., they can shut down this nonsense in a second. And it is nonsense to see, especially if you are military - active or retired - the "I fought to defend your right to say stupid ****" really applies to the snowflakes on the field... doesn't mean I don't feel for the military men and women who put their lives on the line so some overpaid jock can take a knee and crap on the country those men and women defended.

Now the real question is why President Trump let loose this squirrel. Every time he does, it is chased up a tree by the media and er, special snowflakes, and something behind the scenes happens without being reported (rinse and repeat).

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

I wonder how each team handles this? Owners each have personalities. Arthur Blank and Jerry Jones are likely not alike on this matter.

An increase in protesters this Sunday, would they be protesting Trump as well as rights activism and awareness?

I hope there is no increase in protesting. There is no reason for it to begin with. And as business owners the best thing to do would be to ban protesting as a general policy and stay out of it.

So now the team really is tanking - but it's the players doing it to themselves.

It blows my mind a team with as poor a track record and as many on-field problems as this unit has the nerve to focus on anything other than trying to win.

McBeane apparently have several more players to cut.

You have no right to "free speech" in your workplace (unless you have a contract that states you do). The right to free speech covers government suppression of speech. (I am sure a constitutional attorney or two can cover it well in here.) If your employer doesn't like you saying "the color blue" and you are an at-will employee? Bub-bye.

The truth is this is a PR disaster of the NFL's making. Stands are empty, viewing is down, and the number one reason listed last year was the SJWs on the field. If the NFL can tell Dallas "no" to honoring the police, fine players for wearing "unauthorized" gear, etc., they can shut down this nonsense in a second. And it is nonsense to see, especially if you are military - active or retired - the "I fought to defend your right to say stupid ****" really applies to the snowflakes on the field... doesn't mean I don't feel for the military men and women who put their lives on the line so some overpaid jock can take a knee and crap on the country those men and women defended.

Now the real question is why President Trump let loose this squirrel. Every time he does, it is chased up a tree by the media and er, special snowflakes, and something behind the scenes happens without being reported (rinse and repeat).

and what might you suggest? That very behind the scenes curtain would reveal in this case?

So now the team really is tanking - but it's the players doing it to themselves.

It blows my mind a team with as poor a track record and as many on-field problems as this unit has the nerve to focus on anything other than trying to win.

McBeane apparently have several more players to cut.

Yep. I wouldn't hate it if he cut all protestors tomorrow . It will free them up to be full time activists championing a struggle that statistically barely exists. Quite a hill to die on.

Oooooohhhhh... that comment. Now I see.

Completely understandable why players would get so upset.

Did they actually say which comment the meeting was about?

I would assume it was the comment where Trump said anyone who kneels during the national anthem is a "son of a B word" that should be fired immediately. But it could also be where he said that NFL players needed to "shut up and play" or it could be when he went off on a rant against trying to prevent concussions saying that concussion/injury prevention was ruining the game..

Just remember, anyone who supports the nonsense that Trump farted out of his mouth last night, he also suggested that if you see someone kneeling or protesting you should immediately leave the stadium and stop supporting the NFL. So anyone that has a problem with what the Bills are doing today I suggest you listen to your president, stop watching NFL games, stop going to NFL games, and quickly sign off out of here and stop supporting the NFL. Don't even post a response, just do as your president tells you and get out of here ASAP. Maybe go watch Hannity or something instead. You won't learn as much as you would from watching Football for 3 hours, but at least you won't have to be offended by someone kneeling down on TV.

Yep. I wouldn't hate it if he cut all protestors tomorrow . It will free them up to be full time activists championing a struggle that statistically barely exists. Quite a hill to die on.

If you wouldn't hate McCoy being cut tomorrow, you're probably more of a Trump fan than a Bills fan.

If these people really believed in this principle they'd be outraged that people lost their jobs for attending the march on Charlottesville.

In principle that is even more outrageous as those people protested on their own time whereas these athletes do it in uniform on company time and on company property.

They don't believe in freedom of speech, only in freedom of speech they agree with

Which people are you feeling sorry for - The Nazi's, The Fascists? or The KKK?

Didn't our soldiers give their lives to kicking the Nazi's and Fascist's a$$es? Wasn't/Isn't the KKK a domestic terrorist organization? So which one of these groups do you want American Citizens to support?

As far as NFL players are concerned, since the NFL does NOT require the players to stand at attention they are not breaking any of the NFL's rules, so there is no issue there... And you don't have to watch if you are SO offended...

Go Bills...