The Rams 2nd pick will also likely be a late rounder

SaviorPeterman

And by the end of this season the Bills may well have beaten the Jets twice and the Colts once as well.... That still doesn't lead me to believe that either the Bills or the Rams are going to make the playoffs this year....

Why would it, there's no real correlation in your statement. Rams have a realistic potential to be a great offense, they have Wade as DC , so a reason to be optimistic about the defense.

Edited by klos63

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They had more wins that us, remember Bills beat the Jets are another bad loss from the wheels coming off.

Not saying the Rams are a SB squad but they have the talent to win a lot of games this year. And still think the defense will be much better this because it's not the norm for a Wade Phillips defense to give up almost 40 points.

My point is that not matter how you feel about the Watkins deal, it's not like we got the better end especially since Gaines is a FA after the season and we might just waste the 2nd round pick in a trade or draft another horrible player which has been the norm with our 2nd rounders in recent years.

Bills beating the Jets has nothing to do with whether the Rams are legit or not.

They played a Colts team without Luck who might be the worst in the NFL who is now starting the Patriots former 3 string QB and a 49er team that is 7-28 since 2015.

I wouldn't be so sure.

With their remaining schedule, being conservative, I see them possibly winning 9 to 10 games which would get them into the playoffs more than likely.

They have Wade as their DC and enough talent for him to work with. That unit will be better than it is now. I can see them finishing above .500 of their key pieces remain healthy.

They had more wins that us, remember Bills beat the Jets are another bad loss from the wheels coming off.

Not saying the Rams are a SB squad but they have the talent to win a lot of games this year. And still think the defense will be much better this because it's not the norm for a Wade Phillips defense to give up almost 40 points.

My point is that not matter how you feel about the Watkins deal, it's not like we got the better end especially since Gaines is a FA after the season and we might just waste the 2nd round pick in a trade or draft another horrible player which has been the norm with our 2nd rounders in recent years.

Yeah, but Sammy is a free agent at the end of the year too, and he will be a LOT more expensive to re-sign than Gaines. It's very likely that the Bills are able to sign Gaines for a good cap hit.

It's also not fair to assume that they will waste that 2nd round pick. We have a brand new front office, brand new personnel dept, brand new scouting staff from top to bottom. There are a lot of GM candidates and ex GM's on that staff. On paper, this looks like the best front office staff we've had since probably the Bill Polian days. Let's wait and see what they do before assuming that they will suck.

A 2nd round pick is still a 2nd round pick, no matter how late it is.

This coaching staff should be given every chance to succeed, and a reasonable amount of time.

3 years is a good number to work with, as a start. If things are just not coming together and we've given them 3 seasons to get it done, maybe think about moving on then, but not sooner.

Way too early to be even thinking about the next coaching regime here!

Their success will be directly tied to the QB they take next year and/or Peterman or any other QB they might end up with.

At some point they will have to say QB X is "our guy" and make it happen around that guy.

When they have a few years to do that and don't, get rid of them.

Let's hope they DO get it done and stick around for 15 years.

Continuity with a quality staff is by far the best approach to coaching.

I'm so tired of the turnstile coaching we've had over this drought. Let these 2 have at least 4 years and if there isn't improvement by then cut em loose....

Funny when people laughed at me for saying this. A pick in the 50s is where I am guessing it. 9ers, Cards, and Seahawks... 2 of those 3 are very weak, and the 3rd has no offense (McVay will destroy their defense).

Yup. They beat teams led by Hoyer and Tolzien. #championship

And, should have beat the Skins...

Funny...a poster here told me the Rams pick would be like a late first and that Goff and Wentz are bad QB's, while praising TT in the same breath.

It appears that said poster missed his mark, once again.

While I don't think the pick will be like a late first... its still too early to tell on these QBs. Goff had some great games against some terrible teams so far. Lucky for him he plays bad teams for half the schedule. Haven't watched Wentz so cant comment, but I'm pretty sure its still too early to tell on him too.

I hope Terry Pegula paid attention last night though watching former Bills on both teams light it up and make plays. Beane and McDermott are not proven commodities and certainly don't deserve a '5 year plan' or whatever BS they are already likely feeding the Pegulas.

I hope this HC and Front office gets a 4-5 year run. You got to build continuity and with that comes stability and results unless they are mediocre.

You keep changing HC means you keep changing systems which means you keep trading away your good players because they don't fit your system!

We have a ton of reasons to be excited- lots of draft stock next year.

Draft stock= crapshoot. Bills have tons of recent high picks that are no longer even on the roster. It's not terribly exciting at the moment.

Our success will come from great drafting and coaching. Not only getting a qb but surrounding that guy with talent on both sides of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great drafting and great coaching. How many times in their history have the Bills had this? I'm not sure why anyone would believe they have it now.