Final Play--- drop or bad throw poll

Was the Final Play a drop or bad throw  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Was the final Play a drop or bad throw

Not really sure the logic on that one, when if we make the play we win. So that was the reason we lost. Not the only reason but I never understand when anyone says, say, after missing a 40 yard FG on the game's last play that it wasn't the reason we lost. Of course it was. By definition. So was this. We make that play and we win. Doesn't mean we deserved the win or didn't escape with the win. But it's a win with the play, so how can it not be the reason we lost?

The point is that it is not the only reason we lost; it is one of many.

In that sense, the loss can't be tied to that single play.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we all agree that if you have 3 points with under a minute that you simply don't deserve to win a football game?

Hell no! If they connect on the play and score to win the game, it's a win they would have COMPLETELY deserved.

You want to talk about perseverance? You want to talk about never giving up? That stadium would have erupted.

If they score and win there, they would deserve every ounce of that win.

You win if you score more than the other team. There's no magic number you have to get before you "deserve" to win, whatever that means.

Zay comes down with that football and rolls into EZ, we not only would have "deserved" to win, we would have.

You don't be stupid. :)

I can assure you that if there was a magic number that it would be higher than !@#$ing 3.

And my "stupid" comment was tongue in cheek. I hope/think you knew that.

I can assure you that if there was a magic number that it would be higher than !@#$ing 3.

And my "stupid" comment was tongue in cheek. I hope/think you knew that.

But if Zay caught it and SH makes the kick we would have had 10. Is that enough?

I remember one season when Marv was still coach we won 2 games one year 9-6. Sweet wins iirc.

I got the stupid comment. Thus the smiley face :). I just beg to differ.

Edited by reddogblitz

But if Zay caught it and SH makes the kick we would have had 10. Is that enough?

I remember one season when Marv was still coach we won 2 games one year 9-6. Sweet wins iirc.

I get what you're saying. Good teams find a way to win games when they play crappy. Crappy teams do the best they can, but still lose.

I voted drop even though I didn't think he dropped it.

I thought he blew the pattern which caused him to have to dive for it, otherwise he walks in for an easy touchdown. That is a different concept than the two choices, IMO.

Same here. I thought it was a route running error - route with different options depending on the safety. TT put it where he expected Zay to be, Zay was somewhere else and had to adjust.

We're so inured to bad QB play here in Buffalo that we no longer recognize that sometimes WR aren't accurate in their routes and that quality NFL receivers make some of these catches anyway.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Yeah 10-7 sucked against the Broncos in 92...not deserved at all!

On that note, if Tyrod Taylor could be effective against any other kind of defense than a prevent, we would have won the game, hands down.

It was not a prevent defense. On a couple plays they blitzed five. We spread our offense out and tried some simple comeback routes. Look at that, we're one slightly better executed downfield play from a TD in 2:30. Hell we even threw in a screen to Shady and a screen to Matthews. I would have loved to see that exact drive with those play calls 2 quarters earlier.

Come on. I hate this prevent defense crap. What, you think they let Zay walk untouched into the end zone on the last play because of prevent defense? You think they wanted Andre Holmes to catch several passes on the outside and walk out of bounds? This is amateur analysis.

#1- reciever faked post and clipped heels with db coming out of rub/break. slight stumble threw off timing.

#2 - we will never know if ball was intended to be over WR right/outside or left/inside shoulder.

#3 - either way, wr missed judged timing of his jump and the ball hit both his hands anyways.

It was not a prevent defense. On a couple plays they blitzed five. We spread our offense out and tried some simple comeback routes. Look at that, we're one slightly better executed downfield play from a TD in 2:30. Hell we even threw in a screen to Shady and a screen to Matthews. I would have loved to see that exact drive with those play calls 2 quarters earlier.

Come on. I hate this prevent defense crap. What, you think they let Zay walk untouched into the end zone on the last play because of prevent defense? You think they wanted Andre Holmes to catch several passes on the outside and walk out of bounds? This is amateur analysis.

I honestly don't care. I'm just glad we lost that pathetic game. One game closer to a better draft pick and getting rid of a crap QB. How's that for analysis?

I honestly don't care. I'm just glad we lost that pathetic game. One game closer to a better draft pick and getting rid of a crap QB. How's that for analysis?

You don't have the best eye for QB so pretty crappy. You thought EJ was good and Tyrod terrible. Tyrod is average (yes we can easily do worse) and EJ is a bum. I'm all for drafting a QB but I don't want whoever it is that you are hitching your wagon to. :)

I get what you're saying. Good teams find a way to win games when they play crappy. Crappy teams do the best they can, but still lose.

It's been the Crux of the biscuit throughout this whole drought. Losing close games we should win. I could probably come up with at least 10 off the top of my head.

Dallas 2008 at the Ralph

Pittsburgh

Sunday

Patsies** home opener 2013

A Jets road game where SJ dropped one late

Patsies** in the Leodis muff fest

Seahawks 2016 when we had 1st and goal for the win

Clowns at the Ralph on MNF (missed FG)

Jacksonville in London

At Oakland 2014

The difference between the Fish making playoffs last year and us was they won OT games vs us and Clowns. Meanwhile we lose to them with 10 men on field and lose to Hawks because we couldn't put it in and whatever we did vs Jets.

I was hoping Coach McDermott and his "culture" and "earning to win" stuff could turn this around, yet 2 games in here we are.

As former Bills HC Hank Bullock said "We keep beating ourselves, but we're getting better at it."

Edited by reddogblitz

Just curious, after you meet up with your TBD bros at Hammers Lot, will you go into the stadium...and if you do...will you root for the Bills?