Final Play--- drop or bad throw poll

Was the Final Play a drop or bad throw  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Was the final Play a drop or bad throw

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is a drop ball due to Zay Jones who apparently was crying in the locker room after the game says all that i need to know & all you blind idiots that are in denial! Zay would not be crying if he knew he had not messed up!!!!!!

Add these guys to the list: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/stevie_johnson_andre_reed_encourage_buffalo_bills_zay_jones_after_drop.html

They know better than us. Neither the throw or catch were perfect but there is no doubt that the catch was worse. An NFL receiver makes that play 9 out of 10 times. I am bullish on Zay as a player despite his slow start. I think that he can be a long-term productive 2nd option, a rich man's Robert Woods. He will get better.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I voted drop even though I didn't think he dropped it.

I thought he blew the pattern which caused him to have to dive for it, otherwise he walks in for an easy touchdown. That is a different concept than the two choices, IMO.

No Xs and Os guy am I, but this is precisely what I thought happened and I'm glad to hear someone smarter than me bring it up...Taylor threw the ball where he expected Jones to be because he was supposed to turn in, not out.

Wait. Wait.

What I mean is Taylor sucks and McDermott claps too much!

No Xs and Os guy am I, but this is precisely what I thought happened and I'm glad to hear someone smarter than me bring it up...Taylor threw the ball where he expected Jones to be because he was supposed to turn in, not out.

Wait. Wait.

What I mean is Taylor sucks and McDermott claps too much!

You are soooo slow to catch on to the obvious!

Click on the pick or however you enlarge it. The point of the ball hits precisely where his palm ends and his fingers begin. That is called your hand, not your fingertips. ;)

His left hand makes the most contact, but he can't squeeze the ball with his right fingertips. Plus he is fully extended and twisting.

But easy catch other than that.

It's going to be like this after every loss. Tyrod didn't play a very good game but made EVERY play with the game on the line despite his garbage weapons. He did what everyone complains that he doesn't do!! He led his team down the field with the game on the line and had a ball dropped. Now the idiots all come out of the woodwork. Tyrod isn't great, he's average. Sadly he is one of our best few offensive players.

If you think they would have been better off with just about anyone else out there you are crazy. There was nobody open, no run game and no time to throw. He ran around, kept plays alive, made good decisions and led his team down the field to win. This offense is atrocious but it isn't from him. He is playing with one hand tied behind his back. Shady is the same way. The defense loaded the box (shocking) because the Bills have no other playmakers.

It's going to be like this after every loss. Tyrod didn't play a very good game but made EVERY play with the game on the line despite his garbage weapons. He did what everyone complains that he doesn't do!! He led his team down the field with the game on the line and had a ball dropped. Now the idiots all come out of the woodwork. Tyrod isn't great, he's average. Sadly he is one of our best few offensive players.

If you think they would have been better off with just about anyone else out there you are crazy. There was nobody open, no run game and no time to throw. He ran around, kept plays alive, made good decisions and led his team down the field to win. This offense is atrocious but it isn't from him. He is playing with one hand tied behind his back. Shady is the same way. The defense loaded the box (shocking) because the Bills have no other playmakers.

Or Carolina is a good defense. If they shut our run down we are in trouble. That's what will happen.

Can I pick bad route?

You could but he tripped.

It was basically just a Bills bad luck play. No trip and it's a touchdown.

What pylon?

Sure looks to me the route was to the front pylon not the back.

And Jones is assuming it was a route to the back pylon not the front.

I voted both but if the route called for a cut to the back pilon (I had assumed the front pilon) then the throw was good. I played baseball not football so I don't know how this gets coached up. Front pilon made sense to me because this took the WR further away from the safety and although he was pretty much out of the picture you don't know how close he will be to covering when you call the play. I don't know either whether the QB and the WR are to adjust the route by reading the DB coverage as the play develops (and wound up reading it differently?).

Not sure about the alleged contact with Davis. I see Davis flinch but I wonder whether he was reacting to the QB or otherwise reacting to the action in front of him. I see Zay take a short stride but it happens two strides after he passes Davis.

I voted drop even though I didn't think he dropped it.

I thought he blew the pattern which caused him to have to dive for it, otherwise he walks in for an easy touchdown. That is a different concept than the two choices, IMO.

Yep. It wasn't a drop, being actually an exceptional effort at a catch. Unfortunately that effort was required by Jones' own mistakes. Look, draw a straight line to the pylon and Taylor's pass was a little bit inside, Jones' route a little bit outside. But Taylor's throw led the play away from the cornerback and into the end zone. Jones' route angled towards the sideline and coverage. But that just set-up the real problem.

Jones didn't track the pass until the absolute last second, and then made an extremely bad play on the ball. The result was a half-stutter-step and twisting jump straight up. If he had just run it thru the pass drops right over his shoulder. Not to pick on the man, but Watkins makes that catch ten out of ten times and it looks easy every time. Run a quick out and, yes, you expect the ball right on the hands. But with a forty yard pass, I think most league receivers aren't surprised if they have to tweak the end of the route a few feet. And we're talking about the smallest of adjustment here. After all, Jones ran a too-shallow route, had no idea where the pass was until the last possible second, totally misplayed the ball - and yet still it grazes his hand. It was a rookie mistake, no more.

Or Carolina is a good defense. If they shut our run down we are in trouble. That's what will happen.

You could but he tripped.

It was basically just a Bills bad luck play. No trip and it's a touchdown.

They are a really good defense but everyone is a good defense when you can't make a play 10 yards from the LOS. The weapons are the biggest problem on this team (besides maybe offensive coaching). We replaced playmakers and home run threats with Andre Holmes and Mike Tolbert. Double digit Tolbert touches is losing football. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yep. It wasn't a drop, being actually an exceptional effort at a catch. Unfortunately that effort was required by Jones' own mistakes. Look, draw a straight line to the pylon and Taylor's pass was a little bit inside, Jones' route a little bit outside. But Taylor's throw led the play away from the cornerback and into the end zone. Jones' route angled towards the sideline and coverage. But that just set-up the real problem.

Jones didn't track the pass until the absolute last second, and then made an extremely bad play on the ball. The result was a half-stutter-step and twisting jump straight up. If he had just run it thru the pass drops right over his shoulder. Not to pick on the man, but Watkins makes that catch ten out of ten times and it looks easy every time. Run a quick out and, yes, you expect the ball right on the hands. But with a forty yard pass, I think most league receivers aren't surprised if they have to tweak the end of the route a few feet. And we're talking about the smallest of adjustment here. After all, Jones ran a too-shallow route, had no idea where the pass was until the last possible second, totally misplayed the ball - and yet still it grazes his hand. It was a rookie mistake, no more.

Thanks. I think that is exactly right. I think it was a good pass overall. Makes no sense to run to OB.

They are a really good defense but everyone is a good defense when you can't make a play 10 yards from the LOS. The weapons are the biggest problem on this team (besides maybe offensive coaching). We replaced playmakers and home run threats with Andre Holmes and Mike Tolbert. Double digit Tolbert touches is losing football.

Unless he's recovering 10 fumbles. Then.....it's STILL losing football.