Final Play--- drop or bad throw poll

Was the Final Play a drop or bad throw  

305 members have voted

1. 1. Was the final Play a drop or bad throw

You don't have the best eye for QB so pretty crappy. You thought EJ was good and Tyrod terrible. Tyrod is average (yes we can easily do worse) and EJ is a bum. I'm all for drafting a QB but I don't want whoever it is that you are hitching your wagon to. :)

I changed my stance on EJ before he left the team. Pretty publicly, actually. At that time, I said they both sucked. Neither is average. They both suck. I stand by it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, after you meet up with your TBD bros at Hammers Lot, will you go into the stadium...and if you do...will you root for the Bills?

Oh, here we go with the guy with the Bills tattoos who paints his nipples red and blue every Sunday, even when it isn't football season.

Yes. I'm still a fan of the team. I just know they suck this year, as they have sucked for the last 16 years prior. That doesn't make me less of a fan. It just makes me a person who calls it like it is.

I've been a Mets fan since 1983 and guess what ... they !@#$ing suck, too. But I watch 162 games/year, regardless.

Being a fan means that you stay loyal and don't dump the team, even when they suck. Kind of like unconditional love IN REAL !@#$ING LIFE.

It doesn't mean that you say they're good even when they're not.

Don't leave that hair dye in too long. It'll stay that way.

Just curious, after you meet up with your TBD bros at Hammers Lot, will you go into the stadium...and if you do...will you root for the Bills?

I don't know why anyone would root for the Bills to lose. If you look around the AFC that 2nd wildcard spot is up for grabs (assuming Chiefs/Raiders are both locks, and I hope they both beat up on Denver). I will root for the play calling to be better moving forward, along with the execution. Personally I blame both about equally for this showing. Play calling was bad, but even on good plays too many opportunities were left on the field. To me it is no coincidence that our best drive of the game happened when we needed to pass the ball. I hope McDermott agrees because he ultimately finalizes the game plan, and we're in trouble if we come out running up the middle for 2 straight plays against Denver.

I'm going to read more of this thread, I've only read page 1 so far. It was a bad throw. Why? Well, it was a bad route (with the trip and possibly the wrong route), however, TT had time to recognize the trip (even if he didn't see it) but surely he had time before he released the ball to see WHERE Jones was and where he was heading. So, even if it was a bad route, TT had time to adjust where he put the ball but didn't (assuming it was a bad route). That's my opinion and why I think it was a bad throw regardless of the route.

This was one play. It happens. I'm not down on TT or Jones for this play. I am down on TT because it's not the first time he's made bad decisions/throws. I really like the guy and really rooted for him, but...we're ready to try someone new. As far as Jones on that play, he almost made one HELL of a catch. I think this kid has a LOT of potential. Seriously, what he did on that play to catch that ball and almost pulled it off...wow!

As far as Jones on that play, he almost made one HELL of a catch. I think this kid has a LOT of potential. Seriously, what he did on that play to catch that ball and almost pulled it off...wow!

In SB XXV Norwood almost made one HELL of a FG.

Edited by reddogblitz

Norwood wasn't a rookie wr ;)

Does a loss count less if a rookie flubs it up?

I admit I'm a little persnickity today and down on Zay.

I'm just really tired of losing games we should win. Even if the guys tried really hard and a rookie in his second game dropped the pass.

We didn't lose because we didn't have talent, or coaching, or bad Gatorade. We lost because when it really counted and we really needed it, we fugged up. No one stepped up. That needs to change.

Oh, here we go with the guy with the Bills tattoos who paints his nipples red and blue every Sunday, even when it isn't football season.

Yes. I'm still a fan of the team. I just know they suck this year, as they have sucked for the last 16 years prior. That doesn't make me less of a fan. It just makes me a person who calls it like it is.

I've been a Mets fan since 1983 and guess what ... they !@#$ing suck, too. But I watch 162 games/year, regardless.

Being a fan means that you stay loyal and don't dump the team, even when they suck. Kind of like unconditional love IN REAL !@#$ING LIFE.

It doesn't mean that you say they're good even when they're not.

Don't leave that hair dye in too long. It'll stay that way.

I'm a Mets fan too...sucks but I have vague memories of 1969 and GREAT memories of Seaver.

My reply was to your statement:

"I honestly don't care. I'm just glad we lost that pathetic game. One game closer to a better draft pick and getting rid of a crap QB. How's that for analysis?"

I do care, I suspect you do too. I get your point about the draft pick but:

Will you root for the Bills this Sunday at New Era?

Can we all agree that if you have 3 points with under a minute that you simply don't deserve to win a football game?

This pass/catch wasn't the reason we lost.

Just curious. The Seahawks only had 6 points in the first 53 mins. Did they "deserve" to win? The difference was, their guy caught the pass (it was not an easy catch) and our guy didn't.

Just curious. The Seahawks only had 6 points in the first 53 mins. Did they "deserve" to win? The difference was, their guy caught the pass (it was not an easy catch) and our guy didn't.

I'll tell you who deserves to win - me, in my work survivor pool, where I took Seattle. That was way too close for comfort.

I changed my stance on EJ before he left the team. Pretty publicly, actually. At that time, I said they both sucked. Neither is average. They both suck. I stand by it.

Ha ha, I remember you changing your stance on EJ with his last start. Tyrod has produced at an average level. That's true. He's the 17th rated QB now, has 49 TDs and 17 turnovers, a 16-15 record, led 2 top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses, has twice been top 10 in total QBR (and is again so far this year). That's not terrible. You need to take off the hater blockers and watch what's happening around the league.

He's one of the 3 or 4 best players on the offense. You can scream terrible or lump him with the bums but saying it doesn't mean it's true. His performance and the metrics used to judge success say he's average (or maybe even better). Personally I wouldn't have him above average but some do. There is a MUCH easier case that he is great than terrible. The previous paragraph lays that all out.

Here are 6 QBs since the start of 2015 and how they compare:

Tyrod - 16-15, 49 TDs, 17 turnovers, 247 yards a game

QB 1 - 21-12-1, 58 TDs, 25 turnovers, 279 yards a game

QB 2 - 10-12, 48 TDs, 31 turnovers, 303 yards a game

QB 3 - 13-15, 42 TDs, 34 turnovers, 269 yards a game

QB 4 - 24-9, 47 TDs, 19 turnovers, 250 yards a game

QB 5 - 16-14-1, 50 TDs, 25 turnovers, 264 yards a game

QB 6 - 17-17, 62 TDs, 40 turnovers, 264 yards a game

That list includes 6 Pro Bowlers, 4 Super Bowl wins, and 3 1st overall picks. Each of those guys carries a cap hit between $8M to $15M more than TT this year. It's impossible to classify him as terrible.

FWIW, the 6 QBs are Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton and Eli Manning.

Ha ha, I remember you changing your stance on EJ with his last start. Tyrod has produced at an average level. That's true. He's the 17th rated QB now, has 49 TDs and 17 turnovers, a 16-15 record, led 2 top 10 scoring and DVOA offenses, has twice been top 10 in total QBR (and is again so far this year). That's not terrible. You need to take off the hater blockers and watch what's happening around the league.

He's one of the 3 or 4 best players on the offense. You can scream terrible or lump him with the bums but saying it doesn't mean it's true. His performance and the metrics used to judge success say he's average (or maybe even better). Personally I wouldn't have him above average but some do. There is a MUCH easier case that he is great than terrible. The previous paragraph lays that all out.

Here are 6 QBs since the start of 2015 and how they compare:

Tyrod - 16-15, 49 TDs, 17 turnovers, 247 yards a game

QB 1 - 21-12-1, 58 TDs, 25 turnovers, 279 yards a game

QB 2 - 10-12, 48 TDs, 31 turnovers, 303 yards a game

QB 3 - 13-15, 42 TDs, 34 turnovers, 269 yards a game

QB 4 - 24-9, 47 TDs, 19 turnovers, 250 yards a game

QB 5 - 16-14-1, 50 TDs, 25 turnovers, 264 yards a game

QB 6 - 17-17, 62 TDs, 40 turnovers, 264 yards a game

That list includes 6 Pro Bowlers, 4 Super Bowl wins, and 3 1st overall picks. Each of those guys carries a cap hit between $8M to $15M more than TT this year. It's impossible to classify him as terrible.

FWIW, the 6 QBs are Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Joe Flacco, Alex Smith, Andy Dalton and Eli Manning.

If I wanted to combine Gugny's point with yours I'd phrase it like this - QBing across the league sucks right now and Tyrod fits right in. I'm not sure if QBs have gotten worse or if defenses have gotten better. The sharp decline in offensive line talent I think plays a bigger role than people realize.

If I wanted to combine Gugny's point with yours I'd phrase it like this - QBing across the league sucks right now and Tyrod fits right in. I'm not sure if QBs have gotten worse or if defenses have gotten better. The sharp decline in offensive line talent I think plays a bigger role than people realize.

The QB play is worse than ever. I agree that OL play is a major factor. Offenses in the NFL aren't evolving either. Things are cyclical. Rex's defense used to work. Now it is an abomination. The Wing t used to work too. Sports are always evolving. The NBA today looks NOTHING like 10 years ago.

The NFL could use an injection of creative young offensive minds (i.e. Jeff Brohm). Ernie Zampese wasn't exactly striking fear into opposing defenses. Let's stop trying to do the same thing that doesn't work and be on the cutting edge. The NFL won't do that though. It's a league full of followers. We have already seen the bubble start to burst. It was an unstoppable machine as recently as 3 years ago. It's in a dangerous place now.

I voted drop even though I didn't think he dropped it.

I thought he blew the pattern which caused him to have to dive for it, otherwise he walks in for an easy touchdown. That is a different concept than the two choices, IMO.

Thanks KTD... That rout should have nen run high, per Dennison. He should have run it to corner of wndzone and then yes, it should have been a catch. The throw wasn't the problem.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk