Week 3: Broncos' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

I'm not arguing the "what's easier to do" angle, just that fans should get a grip and be more patient. Sixer fans have had four years of angling for the draft. The Bills are doing it just this year, the situations are similar.

Are you suggesting that 76er fans are patient and happy with that team's situation?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anyone booing this team would look kind of clueless to me. This team is way more like the rebuilding Jets, than it is a team like the Broncos going for the playoffs and a championship.

Rookie head coach, purging players, sticking with a journeyman QB with clearly having their eyes on the 2018 QB class. That's this years Bills team. What exactly would they be booing? That a playoff/championship calibre team has not been built yet? lol

Crazy, but I can totally see the it happen.

What is "clueless" is simply accepting more of the same bull manure that fans have had dumped on them for the past 18 years. As long as fans don't show their displeasure, the Bills are going to continue doing the same things they've been doing for the past 18 years: hiring cheap coaches every couple of years for OTJT or has-been coaches trying to resurrect their failing careers; continually using first and second round draft picks on DBs, RBs, and WRs whom they send off to other teams through FA or trades; refusing to figure out how to work the cap so that the team can actually keep some of its young talent; and being more interested in putting butts in the seats than in winning football games.

The Bills have been running one of the most successful, longest lived con games in history by getting fans to continually believe that they're sincere in their efforts to build a "championship caliber" team. If they were sincere, they would not be doing the same kind of crap they've been doing for the past 17 years nor hiring the same type of coaches/FO people they've been hiring, either. Hell, McDermott is a Dick Jauron Doppleganger! When the no playoff streak hits 20 in a few years, the Bills will be no closer to having a "championship caliber team" than they are today or were in 2010 or in 2006 or in 2001 although McDermott will likely be gone and maybe Beane, too. Oh, yeah, even drafting a QB in the first round won't be anything new either. They did that in 2004 and again in 2013, but hey, third time's a charm, right?

There's light at the end of the tunnel, though ... "the Drought" has to end sometime. After all, the longest playoff drought in the NFL since the merger is only 23 years (Colts: 1972-1994 and Bengals: 1991-2014). :thumbsup:

Doesn't Denver usually struggle in Buffalo?

I'm not sure if past performance has any relevance. Different teams, different eras of football etc. It's pretty established that going from West to East is a disadvantage from all past statistics . Still have to look at the matchups and it doesn't appear favorable.

There's light at the end of the tunnel, though ... "the Drought" has to end sometime.

Not sure we can make that determination with any certainty.

Sure, the odds are that we should at least stumble into a playoff berth eventually, but are we building a championship contender?

Nobody can answer that with confidence.

Championship contender hinges on getting some cornerstone players in the draft with our 2018--2019 picks, and we don't even know who that could be yet!

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Garett Bolles 'week-to-week' with lower-leg bruise
The Broncos received good news about their starting left tackle.

Joseph on Bolles' lower leg bruise: 'We were vey lucky' (12:10)

Head Coach Vance Joseph talks about Garett Bolles' injury and that he wants to see the team close games out better.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Maybe but they wont be able to hold up after multiple 3 and outs 3 and outs they will break.

Took Denver to cover

It's gambling, nothing is as easy as it seems. After the Broncos rolled the Cowboys and play an obviously limited Bills team the line opens so low. I'd stay away from this one.

This is just like that Steelers spread last week. Spreads that stand out often up end badly when you take the obvious. Denver is getting some clout as being a top team and they are only giving -2, -3? Yuck.

Denver has a better defense than Carolina and a better offense.

This game is going to be really tough to watch. The boo birds are going to be out by halftime and I smell a blow out coming.

That's debatable

Better secondary, not as good front 7.

Also different playmakers on D. Carolina and that LB trio could be this run games kryptonite.

We can attack Denver like we did Seattle last year imo

It's gambling, nothing is as easy as it seems. After the Broncos rolled the Cowboys and play an obviously limited Bills team the line opens so low. I'd stay away from this one.

This is just like that Steelers spread last week. Spreads that stand out often up end badly when you take the obvious. Denver is getting some clout as being a top team and they are only giving -2, -3? Yuck.

Vegas is essentially begging ppl to bet Denver, usually Vegas is right. When a line looks too good you always bet the other way.