Week 3: Broncos' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver has a better defense than Carolina and a better offense.

This game is going to be really tough to watch. The boo birds are going to be out by halftime and I smell a blow out coming.

I think anyone booing this team would look kind of clueless to me. This team is way more like the rebuilding Jets, than it is a team like the Broncos going for the playoffs and a championship.

Rookie head coach, purging players, sticking with a journeyman QB with clearly having their eyes on the 2018 QB class. That's this years Bills team. What exactly would they be booing? That a playoff/championship calibre team has not been built yet? lol

Crazy, but I can totally see the it happen.

NFL.com: McCoy on Broncos' win: We should've put up 50

DENVER -- He stood in the parking lot outside the south tunnel of the stadium where his team had just demolished the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night, cavorting with family members and friends and his extended Denver Broncos family -- players, coaches and their loved ones and guests, all of them celebrating a job well done.

Yet Mike McCoy, the Broncos' former and current offensive coordinator, the man whose prescient play calls had helped Denver put up five touchdowns on their favored foes before the six-minute mark of the third quarter, wasn't smiling now. After temporarily breaking away from his wife, Kellie, and their teenaged children Liv and Luke, he reflected back not on the Broncos' offensive onslaught against a perceived NFC power, but on the points that got away.

"We should have put up 50," McCoy said, flashing an ice-cold glare. "Look, I want to score every single time we have the ball, and then I want to score some more -- that's my mentality, and that's how I approach it. I love our defense, and they're capable of carrying us, but I'm trying to give them as much of a cushion as I can. So I'm going to try to get the ball in the end zone, until (head coach Vance Joseph) tells me to stop.'

NFL.com: Marshall: Broncos' defense put 'league on notice'

Vance Joseph's team slammed that door shut in 2017. The emphatic dismantling of the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday, including holding Ezekiel Elliott to eight rushing yards on nine carries, the Denver D made a statement.

"We put the league on notice that we're for real," Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall said Sunday, via The Denver Post.

"There's no defense in the NFL like us. We're the best. I'm not saying it ever left. We just let it slip a little," Marshall said, noting the disappointing run defense from a year ago. "But we're back. We're back."

Denver has a better defense than Carolina and a better offense.

This game is going to be really tough to watch. The boo birds are going to be out by halftime and I smell a blow out coming.

I tend to agree with this and being at home isn't going to matter much for this team given the current situation with this offense.

The only good thing that will hopefully come out of this game is serious talk about making a QB change because McDermott and Beane would be foolish to stick wtih Taylor much longer since he's part of the last regime they are aggressively trying to distance themselves from.

I tend to agree with this and being at home isn't going to matter much for this team given the current situation with this offense.

The only good thing that will hopefully come out of this game is serious talk about making a QB change because McDermott and Beane would be foolish to stick wtih Taylor much longer since he's part of the last regime they are aggressively trying to distance themselves from.

Nonsense. McDermott was heavily involved in the decision to bring Taylor back. People just spew out anything to support a narrative to fit a conclusion they have arrived at.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Yes, let's rush to put the 5th round QB out there with poor weapons at WR & TE. That will go well.

The most popular guy in town is always the backup QB.

Dak was held in check by Broncos, but I think Tyrod is quicker. Maybe him or Shady can pop one.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Why is that crazy? 18 years bud.

You boo that the team blows.

We are supposed to accept the fact that they suck and be ok with it?

You don’t have to be so simple and reactionary. Have some depth in understanding the situation. That turning around a franchise that’s been adrift for 18 years doesn’t happen overnight.
I’m fine, I’ve known this was going to be a brutal season given the schedule and that Tyrod was going to be the starting QB. What I look forward to is watching the development of the team and the roster. I’m psyched because I’m almost 100% sure that this team will have their franchise QB in place 7 months from now come draft time. I’m pumped to watch Peterman play because there’s always that small chance that he could be a franchise QB.
Unless they clearly aren’t playing hard, booing this team is ridiculous.

You dont have to be so simple and reactionary. Have some depth in understanding the situation. That turning around a franchise thats been adrift for 18 years doesnt happen overnight.

Im fine, Ive known this was going to be a brutal season given the schedule and that Tyrod was going to be the starting QB. What I look forward to is watching the development of the team and the roster. Im psyched because Im almost 100% sure that this team will have their franchise QB in place 7 months from now come draft time. Im pumped to watch Peterman play because theres always that small chance that he could be a franchise QB.

Unless they clearly arent playing hard, booing this team is ridiculous.

This is why chuckle at posters who want to tank and take time to develop a QB. No one really has that patience. Two losses and the pitchforks are out.

This is why chuckle at posters who want to tank and take time to develop a QB. No one really has that patience. Two losses and the pitchforks are out.

The 76ers have taken about four years to do what the Bills are attempting to do in one year. One year is practically nothing. With smart phones, 24/7 non-stop news and entertainment, people's brains have been programed for instant gratification. I can see booing them if they looked disinterested in playing in a game, but not just because they aren't nearly as good as the other team. That's what year two and three of a rebuild is supposed to be about. Boo 'em then if there's no progress.

BTW, I'm having a blast watching all the college QBs this season. One of them will no doubt be a 1st round pick for the Bills!

The 76ers have taken about four years to do what the Bills are attempting to do in one year. One year is practically nothing. With smart phones, 24/7 non-stop news and entertainment, people's brains have been programed for instant gratification. I can see booing them if they looked disinterested in playing in a game, but not just because they aren't nearly as good as the other team. That's what year two and three of a rebuild is supposed to be about. Boo 'em then if there's no progress.

BTW, I'm having a blast watching all the college QBs this season. One of them will no doubt be a 1st round pick for the Bills!

It's a lot easier to tank on the NBA than the NFL, plus for those tanking years the sixers put out players that shouldn't have been in the league. We still have premier talent such as shady, incognito, KW and Hughes. You can't really compare our situations imho

It's a lot easier to tank on the NBA than the NFL, plus for those tanking years the sixers put out players that shouldn't have been in the league. We still have premier talent such as shady, incognito, KW and Hughes. You can't really compare our situations imho

I'm not arguing the "what's easier to do" angle, just that fans should get a grip and be more patient. Sixer fans have had four years of angling for the draft. The Bills are doing it just this year, the situations are similar.