• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I have his old one?

Im not proud

OMG......

Ugh

Dear Lord. Read the post. I was responding to Joe Six that Whaley never drafted any good players. Thus, I mentioned Lawson, who Whaley drafted, playing well.

@Cover_1_

I may have to buy a @J_poyer21 jersey..

DKBKK8dX0AAkn7-.jpg

I'd wait. He has raised his value. Perfect time to trade him.

He's playing at a high level. No doubt about that. Nice to see.

The whole defensive backfield unit is playing very well. Rookie White is playing like he is a vet. The change from Rex's confused and overwhelmed unit to an in sync and smart unit is dramatic and impressive. Coaching matters!

The whole defensive backfield unit is playing very well. Rookie White is playing like he is a vet. The change from Rex's confused and overwhelmed unit to an in sync and smart unit is dramatic and impressive. Coaching matters!

Definitely agree. It will be interesting when we face Brady or Ryan instead of 90 year old Drago or Cam who threw 2 passes in the preseason.

But anything is better than Rex's stupid over complicated system.

Familiarity with Poyer Landed Bills a Free Agent Steal

poyer-story.jpg

He was an under the radar free agent this past spring, but not to the Bills, thanks to some prior working knowledge of the safety's abilities.

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Shoutout: After two games with the @buffalobills, Jordan Poyer (@J_poyer21) ranks among the top defensive backs in the @NFL.

DKGwkC4VwAIAEtS.jpg

NFL-ToTW-Def-Wk2-768x432.jpg

Safety – Jordan Poyer, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 87.5

Elite Stat: Poyer had a perfect tackling efficiency score, missing no tackles on eight total attempts.

One of the early surprises of the 2017 season, Joran Poyer makes the team of the week for the second game running. Poyer broke up two passes in the game despite only being the primary coverage defender for one, and notched a sack on just two pass rushing plays on the blitz.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-2017-week-2-team-of-the-week/

Safety is the weirdest position in football. Definitely on the defensive side.

It really has nothing to do with physical gifts such as height or speed or hitting like a Mac truck...

It takes a student of the game to be a good safety. A player that coaches say, one day that will be a coach. It takes instincts, and awareness and guts. You must be team first and the eyes for the rest of the team.

Poyer is playing like a man who knows it's his shot and he knows how to be a good safety. Just gotta take it one game at a time.

It really has nothing to do with physical gifts such as height or speed or hitting like a Mac truck...

It takes a student of the game to be a good safety. A player that coaches say, one day that will be a coach. It takes instincts, and awareness and guts. You must be team first and the eyes for the rest of the team.

Poyer is playing like a man who knows it's his shot and he knows how to be a good safety. Just gotta take it one game at a time.

Good post. A lot of guys who played qb make great Ss because they understand passing concepts.

I also love the idea of vet CBs becoming Ss at the end of their careers. I won't have minded the idea of Revis playing as a FS.

Good post. A lot of guys who played qb make great Ss because they understand passing concepts.

I also love the idea of vet CBs becoming Ss at the end of their careers. I won't have minded the idea of Revis playing as a FS.

Yep exactly

If you understand route concepts and plays design as a safety you can be really special if you play the game correctly

Mark Kelso looked like my math teacher and was about the same size.

He was a solid safety for years with the Bills. I know players were smaller back then but he was small even then.

I like what I have seen thus far and I hope he can continue his play. PFF rated him the highest through the first two weeks. Two weeks is the key though. Let's see how he plays out the rest of the season. Way too early to say we are "set" at Safety for the future.

we played 9 guys at safety last year- yes 9. He comes in here and he's better than all of them. Best 2 man safties they have had since ?? I remember the Leonard Smith / Kelso combo was really good right after Smith got here but just for the rest of that season. Searcy was a decent player but George Wilson sucked

Mark Kelso looked like my math teacher and was about the same size.

He was a solid safety for years with the Bills. I know players were smaller back then but he was small even then.

Yea the great kazoo was a small football player. Met him 2-3 times at some football camps and he definitely just looks like your average joe...

His football mind is what made him

we played 9 guys at safety last year- yes 9. He comes in here and he's better than all of them. Best 2 man safties they have had since ?? I remember the Leonard Smith / Kelso combo was really good right after Smith got here but just for the rest of that season. Searcy was a decent player but George Wilson sucked

Searcy and Aaron Williams was a good pairing under Schwartz.

They complimented eatchother well and both had good football IQ.

I was a bit sad when searcy left, he was good

This is why George Wilson went from WR to SS - physical WR who knew how to diagnose plays.

George Wilson was a good safety IMO.