Do you think we can beat Carolina?

Steptide

The Panthers want Cam to stay in the pocket and be a passer. If Cam takes a hit or two (legal hits mind you) then the Panthers turn to running game. Our run defense is stout. We have a chance at winning this game but it depends on TE and WR help. They will key in on Shady and Tyrod runs.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not read through the responses but I absolutely think this is a game the Bills could win. If they take care of the ball and limit what Carolina does on offense they will win. Both of those things are possible, Newton is not himself right now. I would say there have like a 40% chance.

Jets game = preseason game for all three units, playing a full game together...was a great warm up and our coaches wisely played it VERY vanilla

We will see a lot more of the playbook this week - designed passes to Shady, utilizing the WRs on the boundaries, and A LOT of play action.

We will see some wrinkles defensively too that will help get pressure. Cam will not be taking just 2-3 step drops and throwing the ball like the Jets did, so our pressure will have time to get home. Personally I think our DTs are going to collapse the pocket all day long and will be a real problem for Cam.

This should be a game where the more disciplined team, and the team with less turnovers wins. I think McD has the right recipe to win this type of game. Will be real close....hopefully the pro-Bills crowd will leave happy and party all over Charlotte

We shall see. Been down this path before. A week 1 win against the jets doesn't really dictate anything.

If we win its more proof were heading in the right direction.. But I will still reserve all improved playoff judgment till mid October.. Bills have had hot Sept before only to watch the wheels come out

Gotta tackle well, and keep them in long 3rd down situations. Front 4 has to play well and bottle up running lanes, and make Newton get rid of the ball.

I agree with this. Denver is most likely gonna get us at home. And I'm going to the Bengals game and REFUSE to see a loss in person.

If our defense is legit, we're going to be in a lot more games than people think.

If the Bills can win this game we might have ourselves a season...

We play the Jets again... we play Smokin Jay Cutler twice, and he is known for being generous... We have the Colts... We have the Bengals...We have the Chargers, who as always just look OK and love to lose games....

Just get the W this week and who knows what could happen. The AFC looks very mediocre.

I would trade a loss here for any AFC win in the future. I don't want it, but it's best for the team.

I'm a little curious of why people keep saying the jets have a good D. They completely overhauled their defense and lost a ton of good players. Lets not jump the gun and think that Bowles has a good defense until they stop a team that we know has a good offense. I still have question marks about our offense Tyrod to me didn't look any better than last year. He did throw a few more balls over the middle to Clay which i liked, but he seemed to miss on the deep balls. That being said we are playing a team that since the super bowl hasn't looked great Cam is still recovering from his injury and if we can slow down the run with Jonathan Steward and Christian Mccaffrey we have a good chance of keeping it close and giving ourselves a chance to win. Kelvin benjamin is an underutilized matchup nightmare for our defense due to his height.

This would NOT be shocking to see the Bills win. Carolina isn't that great, they are decent..much like the Bills. Home field is their big advantage in this game but I think the Bills will be in a bunch of close game this season including this one.