Do you think we can beat Carolina?

Steptide

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Panthers smash us. The Jets are terrible. The Panthers will be playing a similar D, so maybe the Bills score points, but McD's secondary gave up some yards to Mclown. Cam Newton is going to throw through the air. When McD switches to covering the pass, then Cam will run. The D will break at the end of the third quarter and the Panthers will run away in the forth. The Panthers will be a great feat for the Bills to play against.

I think the Bills could have a chance, but at this early stage in the season, the Bills haven't matured enough yet to compete against the Panthers. Fans will be calling for McD's and Beanbabies heads on Monday.

so at no point will mcd try to stop the run and the pass? just one at a time? got it

Stop the run and Keep Cam contained. Force him to beat you with his bum shoulder.

On offense I think we'll see a healthy dose of Clay/O'Leary.

This one is 50/50 to me. I think it'll be a blood pressure game, not a blowout either way.

I was talking about 2016, during which the division was 33-31, collectively. That's pretty mediocre. Carolina finished last.

The only divisions that out performed it in 2016 were the AFC West - yep, I accept that division was stronger and interestingly was the NFC South's out of conference match up, the NFC East - yep, no argument there and the AFC East - which is a division that looks better than it is by that metric because of New England.

The NFC South is a strong, competitive, division. Just because it doesn't have a single dominant force in it people underestimate it. But since the 2002 realignment only one division has sent all 4 of its teams to the Superbowl. It is the NFC South. It was a strong division last year and sent a team to the Superbowl again.

I guess "some yards" could mean anything greater than 0, so in that sense you're correct, but McCown got 187 yards and 4.8 YPA. Let's not act like it wasn't a good all-around defensive performance.

and Carolina gave up 193 yards at 5.5 to Hoyer. SF is every bit as bad as the Jets.