Bills Sign LB Jelani Jenkins and Release CB Greg Mabin

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not keep Mabin and release one of the thousands of DLs this team has. Seriously, dude worked his tail off in the preseason and showed flashes that he could be good. Instead, we release a healthy player and sign someone who is hurt. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I also feel McBeane is in my head. Literally, every player I like on the Bills they have gotten around to getting rid of recently, except McCoy.

Just take heart in this installment of "bad takes exposed"

Holy chit..500 transactions in 2 years..and they were getting killed for it. Let's hope McBeane has the same results

http://sportspressnw.com/2111677/2011/after-502-transaction-seahawks-in-reverse

@buffalobills

LB Jelani Jenkins has been signed. We have released two players and added one to the practice squad: http://bufbills.co/smOUY7

DJjG-giXkAEaczB.jpg

@SalSports

Bills also sign WR Malachi Dupre to the team's practice squad & released WR Daikiel Shorts.

@BuffaloBillsPR

New @buffalobills LB Jelani Jenkins has racked up 219 tackles since entering the @NFL in 2013. That and more about the Bills new LB:

DJjIc4QVAAI6N_u.jpg

....is Shorts a surprise?.....thought I read some were hoping he'd move to the active 53 (or Reilly).....

I thought we were going to bring back Hodges after the first game for a discount - guess they like Jenkins better

We are installing a mechanical amputating his groin.

fixed

Edited by stevewin

Film showed them what we all saw on Sunday....Lots of room for receivers in the short zones. There were 13 short Jet passes that gained between 5 and 18 yards.....I like that they bring in talent to address that.

Agreed.

Jenkins should (hopefully) be a nice fit in McD's defense and provide an upgrade in coverage. This could be a nice cheap impact signing (assuming they signed him cheap...).

....is Shorts a surprise?.....thought I read some were hoping he'd move to the active 53 (or Reilly).....

A bit of a surprise. He looked alright in preseason, but Reilly looked a lot better. Dupre is a good addition.

I'm also in agreement that Mabin is practice squad bound, if he clears waivers.

Could be a solid pickup if he is healthy, and even if they want to give him a few weeks to heal, it's still a good signing. I thought Jenkins was overdrafted having watched him at Florida, but he does have speed and part of the reason I thought he was overdrafted was because he needed a little more time to beef up for the pro game. Now that he has been in the NFL and matured, he is a solid LB that is pretty good in coverage.

True. But we need him at safety. I'll be shocked if there isn't another move on cb by game day. Probably one of the PS guys.

Mabin was inactive this week. Probably looking for a practice squad guy. Could be mabin

True. But we need him at safety. I'll be shocked if there isn't another move on cb by game day. Probably one of the PS guys.

Mabin was inactive this week. Probably looking for a practice squad guy. Could be Mabin.

Sorry for the Jimmy two times post. IPhone challenged

This makes me feel good about Gaines shoulder as they would keep Mabin if thry expected Gaines to miss the next game.

Bold prediction

White/Gaines > Gilmore/Darby

As far as Jenkins, talented, versatile, fits scheme. McD/Beane has gained my trust.

I'm sure Mabin hits the PS

Why not keep Mabin and release one of the thousands of DLs this team has. Seriously, dude worked his tail off in the preseason and showed flashes that he could be good. Instead, we release a healthy player and sign someone who is hurt. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I also feel McBeane is in my head. Literally, every player I like on the Bills they have gotten around to getting rid of recently, except McCoy.

McD rotates DL almost every series, to keep them fresh as possible, proven in Carolina to work and sure worked in week 1

Change your alias; as long as Watkins is your alias you will never make the transition.

I wish someone had told Beane Mabin was NOT part of the old regime. It's not even spelled the same.

I am sure he knows that but not sure you really know that.