Gilmore!!!

It is possible that Gilmore is overrated. I personally thought he was substantially better than most Bills fans seemed to think. I assumed we wouldn't sign him because some team would offer him an outrageous amount he probably wasn't worth. I was shocked by how much Satan offered him. And until Satan is shown to make a LOT of mistakes, so many that his team actually suffers, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. That Gilmore is very good and worth it.

Satan isn't infallible. He makes mistakes. He made a huge investment in Gilmore. Inarguably the best coach in football thought Gilmore was great. You can't even question that by the contract Satan offered. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Gilmore is good. He was giving great money by a team that really needed a corner that could afford to give him money above what he may be worth. To me the problem is they don't typically do that even for their own that have earned it with their team. That's the only thing interesting about that contract.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And still the broadcast attempts to paint Patricia as a genius as the slob's defense makes Alex Smith look like Joe Montana.

Gilmore, Hogan and Gilislee all looked bad.

Apperently that plan to remake their team in the image of the Bills is going as expected.

Watch the play again without the hate. Cover two Zone. McCourty job.

Yup.

2 deep safety, against 3 vertical routes. Tough for the safety's but those guys are most certainly theirs to cover.

McCourty gets sucked into the middle vert route, should be playing wider.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I always liked Gilmore, as a player and as a person. He is a very good CB; although, I still do not believe he was worth the money NE paid him and agreed with the Bills' decision to not try to retain him. I clearly do not want NE to do well as a team; however, I have no ill will toward Gilmore individually. I understand this desire, among certain posters, to root for Gilmore to not play well - either because he is now with the dreaded Pats, or they simply need to justify in their minds he wasn't worth keeping. But, the need for certain posters to personally attack Gilmore or completely (and unrealistically, IMO) diminish his skills says more about them than it does about Gilmore.

I'm thrilled that they got hammered in their own building on opening night

I love that Gilmore is catching all kinds of flak

8/10 folks on this board still can't read a coverage call to save their lives :lol:

You can see from the snap, Gilmore is in zone.

McCourty gets sucked into the middle vert route instead of playing wide, the TD is on McCourty.

Obviously Gilmore should have recognised McCourty was going to be out of position, and stayed with the receiver 🙄

Yes over the top is the safety's responsibility, but in a cover 2 Shdnt the CB at least jam the receiver at the line instead of playing several feet away?

That said, you need speedy DBs in a cover 2 but nobody on the Pats was gonna keep up with Hill.

So while you can't blame the CB fully - you also cannot absolve him completely.

Gilmore is a bit susceptible with these defense schemes. I remember Fitz and the Jets!! Torching Rex's scheme with Gilmore and Darby last year.

Yes over the top is the safety's responsibility, but in a cover 2 Shdnt the CB at least jam the receiver at the line instead of playing several feet away?

That said, you need speedy DBs in a cover 2 but nobody on the Pats was gonna keep up with Hill.

So while you can't blame the CB fully - you also cannot absolve him completely.

Gilmore is a bit susceptible with these defense schemes. I remember Fitz and the Jets!! Torching Rex's scheme with Gilmore and Darby last year.

Depends on if he's playing jam/bail/etc technique on the boundary--he was rather non-committal off the snap, so it's difficult to tell

Teams make decisions as to how they want to spend their money. Gilmore played well for the Bills, he'll play well for the Pats. But is he worth 14 million a year? Not to the Bills, and because Brady takes so much less money than other stars the Pats had more money to spend. Same with Gillislee. Three TDs last night from 1-2 yards. He's good at that. But overall a 3 ypc night, and is it worth over 4 million a year for a backup RB to perform that duty, especially when Shady gets the bulk of the work. Maybe not.

So last night Gilmore was OK but got burned once or twice (fairly normal for a CB), Gilisslee go TD's that most RBs would have gotten given the holes that were created, and Hogan had one catch. Odds are they'll each have better games this season, and worse games. And the Bills will move on without them.

Only caught about the first 2/3 of the game last night, but, seasons at NEw Era for many year....my view of Gilmore, especially last year, was he was soft on the run. Were I game planning aganst the Pats, I would run Gilmores way often and see if he will stick his head in there. Experience says he will wiff a lot...........

Teams make decisions as to how they want to spend their money. Gilmore played well for the Bills, he'll play well for the Pats. But is he worth 14 million a year? Not to the Bills, and because Brady takes so much less money than other stars the Pats had more money to spend. Same with Gillislee. Three TDs last night from 1-2 yards. He's good at that. But overall a 3 ypc night, and is it worth over 4 million a year for a backup RB to perform that duty, especially when Shady gets the bulk of the work. Maybe not.

So last night Gilmore was OK but got burned once or twice (fairly normal for a CB), Gilisslee go TD's that most RBs would have gotten given the holes that were created, and Hogan had one catch. Odds are they'll each have better games this season, and worse games. And the Bills will move on without them.

Finally, some common sense around here.

No offense to the poster "common sense"

Finally, some common sense around here.

No offense to the poster "common sense"

Say what!?

Gilmore is not worth the money, the Pats had extra money and made a bad decision with it. I said it then and I will say it again Bouye would have been a better, cheaper signing for them. I also said losing Logan Ryan who was one of the highest rated tacklers playing CB would hurt their defense.

Remember back to the 200 yard games the Bills let up to Ajayi, you need guys that won't/can't tackle like Gilmore on the field for the to happen. See Kareem Hunt. Sure it wasn't all Gilmore's fault but it helps create the avalanche.

Say what!?

Gilmore is not worth the money, the Pats had extra money and made a bad decision with it. I said it then and I will say it again Bouye would have been a better, cheaper signing for them. I also said losing Logan Ryan who was one of the highest rated tacklers playing CB would hurt their defense.

Remember back to the 200 yard games the Bills let up to Ajayi, you need guys that won't/can't tackle like Gilmore on the field for the to happen. See Kareem Hunt. Sure it wasn't all Gilmore's fault but it helps create the avalanche.

I agree he's not worth that kind of money, but he and his agent played the game well. The Bills tried to get him re-signed for a year (and that was Whaley and not Beane) but they knew he'd be attractive on the free market. and Belicheat was looking for veterans to put around Tommy to get as many runs as possible before the Golden Boy ages out of the league. So he made a big offer. It's the way the game is played.

I don't think Gilmore will be a panacea for them, although he'll be solid. And I don't think the Bills will really miss him given the scheme they play now (and last night the one pass showed Gilmore gets confused in zone coverage) and with their first round pick looking so good.

Gilmore isn't great. He's decent but not worth the money NE is paying him. He takes plays off and he misses tackles and at times does blow coverage.

TD Mike is a nice player to have on your roster but he's not going to carry the load for your team.

NE is going to find that out and Hogan is what he is. For some reason fans like him. I was happy as hell to see him go. He gets no separation unless there's blown coverage and he's got stone hands along with poor route skill. Yea, I know he had a good year for NE - who cares, he was the last option on a team that was stacked. NE went looking for more help because they know they can't depend on the scrub.

I'm sure NE will find some way to bounce back, and I'm sure it's going to have little to do with them bringing ex-Bills players in.