Gilmore!!!

I was listening to the radio team when Gillislee scored his second touchdown. They kept talking about the Bills.....Gilmore who forced a fumble, Hogan, who looks fantastic, and now Gilislee....what did the Bills NOT see with those guys. I'll bet Bills fans are crying in their beer right now.

Well, the losses of Hogan and Gillislee can be attributed to mistaken strategy by our GM at the time. However, the credit for FINDING both of them goes to the same guy.

Regarding not signing Gilmore...we've all seen him play a few years. Capable of big plays, and also big mistakes.

I'm not sure how much better a team we'd be with Hogan and Gillislee. We haven't made the playoffs with them, let's see how we do without 'em.

Well said!

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was listening to the radio team when Gillislee scored his second touchdown. They kept talking about the Bills.....Gilmore who forced a fumble, Hogan, who looks fantastic, and now Gilislee....what did the Bills NOT see with those guys. I'll bet Bills fans are crying in their beer right now.

Well, the losses of Hogan and Gillislee can be attributed to mistaken strategy by our GM at the time. However, the credit for FINDING both of them goes to the same guy.

Regarding not signing Gilmore...we've all seen him play a few years. Capable of big plays, and also big mistakes.

I'm not sure how much better a team we'd be with Hogan and Gillislee. We haven't made the playoffs with them, let's see how we do without 'em.

Anyone crying in their beer over the losses of Gilmore, Hogan, and Gillislee most likely have far, far more issues to cry over.

Only one word for it: pathetic.

Agree. Hogan wasn't taken advantage of by our QB and wouldn't be the same player here. And a backup RB shouldn't make or break your team.

I still think Gilmore is really good and him leaving forced us to use a valuable resource to draft his replacement. But I can understand letting him walk because of the Money and cbs aren't as important in a zone defense.

I have absolutely zero idea what Gerry is talking about here. This video establishes with 100 percent clarity that Gilmore wasn't dogging int on this play at all.

That's a glorified jog instead of a sprint like 21

What makes you think I was talking about you in the first place? I said "there's a certain poster" and you immediately responded. Guilty conscious? I've called you out before and would have no problems doing it again.

Like I said, I don't live on here and read every single post. I like football, it's entertaining, but there's more to life than football and the internet. You on the other hand have a superiority complex when it comes to people who disagree with your opinions.

Except that you WERE talking about me, and you DIDN'T call me out.

That you decided to play the "I may not have meant you" card 2 pages later is interesting, but not unexpected considering you went with ambiguity to begin with.

I don't care about being right or wrong, but when someone uses misinformation to further an agenda against a player, it shouldn't surprise them if they get called on it.

Disagree with me all you like; just make sure your point has merit

The hustle thing is obvious on the gif too... he goes from like 5-10-20 yards away very quickly

You guys all realize Hill is FASTER than Gilmore right? Not defending him, but seriously this nonsense of him dogging it after Hill broke away is hilariously ridiculous. There is literally not a single player in the NFL that could have made up that gap and caught Hill. His 200 yard dash in college would have had him finish 6th in the Olympics that year. He is one of the 3 fastest people in the NFL and even the fastest guy in the NFL running him down would have not been able to close that gap even if they were running for 300 yards.

Why expend all your energy sprinting to someone you can't catch? Why not wonder why isn't the LB running full steam ahead after him too, he has about the same odds of catching him as Gilmore on that play.

I get it, he's a Patriot now, but geesh, just making up fake negative things he did is just a colossal waste of time.

You guys all realize Hill is FASTER than Gilmore right? Not defending him, but seriously this nonsense of him dogging it after Hill broke away is hilariously ridiculous. There is literally not a single player in the NFL that could have made up that gap and caught Hill. His 200 yard dash in college would have had him finish 6th in the Olympics that year. He is one of the 3 fastest people in the NFL and even the fastest guy in the NFL running him down would have not been able to close that gap even if they were running for 300 yards.

Why expend all your energy sprinting to someone you can't catch? Why not wonder why isn't the LB running full steam ahead after him too, he has about the same odds of catching him as Gilmore on that play.

I get it, he's a Patriot now, but geesh, just making up fake negative things he did is just a colossal waste of time.

Yup. Honestly, I hate the "he's dogging it!" criticisms of players who are way out of the play and have absolutely zero chance of getting back into it.

Quite simply, yes, when you say something that's incorrect, and is verified as incorrect by the guy that made the mistake on the field, then you are wrong (along with anyone that agrees with you).

There no tough guy act. There's only a simple request to be a man and call out people by name.

Don't sling insults couched with ambiguity and then run and hide behind a lie ("I don't read your posts but I know your opinion about this subject"). Perhaps that's asking too much; I've always been a man of high expectations.

A proven leader in McCourty taking responsibility in front of a journalist verifies that Gilmore wasn't to blame?

What a sad, salty, bitter thread this is.

1) do you think the Pats, Packers, & Steelers fans devout threads to rooting for their ex players' failures? I guess when you're a fan of losers, you need to cheer on failures of others. Pretty pathetic and kinda of embarrassing.

2). Some of you don't know basic football.

3). Stop being the bitter exes. We got left for a richer, better looking person. Stop stalking your ex's Facebook and making catty comments on how much weight they gain. worry about your own situation.

It's so sad and reflects badly on this fan base. Good news, Zay Jones. We love you know but if you leave, we will root for you to fail!!!

This game came down to Belichick and the Pats daring Smith to beat them deep. He did and give props to KC.

But I'm sure NE is done and will suck this year.

Nothing sad about it. Many of us said Gilmore is average. He plays decently at times but has a tendency to give up on plays or get burned or miss a tackle. That all showed up last night. He doesn't look like a $40 million man to me. What's the problem with that? It's not sour grapes, it's how I've felt about him for a couple years.

Come on, Gerry--it wasn't close to being his guy, and he was like 15 yards behind him. Criticize him for other stuff, but not that. That's the definition of a reach.

Is that why the Chiefs WR who was behind Gillilock made up the ground, while Gilmore stumbled and then half sprinted?

The guy is good, but not worth that contract with his lack of consistency.

Nothing sad about it. Many of us said Gilmore is average. He plays decently at times but has a tendency to give up on plays or get burned or miss a tackle. That all showed up last night. He doesn't look like a $40 million man to me. What's the problem with that? It's not sour grapes, it's how I've felt about him for a couple years.

That's every CB in the NFL.

Except that you WERE talking about me, and you DIDN'T call me out.

That you decided to play the "I may not have meant you" card 2 pages later is interesting, but not unexpected considering you went with ambiguity to begin with.

I don't care about being right or wrong, but when someone uses misinformation to further an agenda against a player, it shouldn't surprise them if they get called on it.

Disagree with me all you like; just make sure your point has merit

Why do you think I have an agenda against Gilmore? I never met Gilmore and have no personal problems with him. Are you so emotionally invested in Gilmore that whenever someone says anything negative about him, you feel the need to defend Gilmore and make unrealistic claims against that person?

My opinion on Gilmore's play on the field still remains what it has always been, he's an inconsistent player. He'll look good to great in one game and terrible in another. He's very good on intermediate range passes, but he seems to struggle with the deep ball. Gilmore's tackling issues have been well known, he seems to like to shoulder tackle players instead of wrapping them up. I also said to you in the past, if anyone can correct these issues, it's Bill Belichek. For the last two seasons, whenever Gilmore gets beat, I hear that it was a communication error with another DB. After hearing all the reports about how overly complicated Rex/Rob's defense were, especially the multiple times we've seen 10 men on the field, I can believe that it wasn't always Gilmore's fault when a big play was made by the other team. Now, with Gilmore being on another team and we've seen the same thing happen again, it's not just coincidence. Is it possible that Gilmore does a poor job of communicating with the other DB's? Is he misunderstanding directions/calls or maybe having a brain lapse?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Yeah so every CB is worth $40 million? Last night alone the KC CB Mitchell was making plays Gilmore could never make down the field. This statement is way off IMO.

No, they aren't. But every CB misses tackles, and gives up a big play every once in a while. Including the stars.

If those are deal breakers, then in reality, you should believe that no CB's are worth big pay days.

InfiniteWeepyGordonsetter-size_restricte

@Cianaf

NE tried to disguise their four-man rush with CB coming off opposite side of field. Safeties rotated, Gilmore blew his coverage. Awful D.

@BrianJesterFF

Replying to @Cianaf

Apparently McCourty said after the game that it was his fault. Some sort of Cover 2

Yet another reason to disregard what Cian Fahey has to say about football, the guy just doesn't know what he's talking about.

Edited by GoBills808

Why do you think I have an agenda against Gilmore? I never met Gilmore and have no personal problems with him. Are you so emotionally invested in Gilmore that whenever someone says anything negative about him, you feel the need to defend Gilmore and make unrealistic claims against that person?

My opinion on Gilmore's play on the field still remains what it has always been, he's an inconsistent player. He'll look good to great in one game and terrible in another. He's very good on intermediate range passes, but he seems to struggle with the deep ball. Gilmore's tackling issues have been well known, he seems to like to shoulder tackle players instead of wrapping them up. I also said to you in the past, if anyone can correct these issues, it's Bill Belichek. For the last two seasons, whenever Gilmore gets beat, I hear that it was a communication error with another DB. After hearing all the reports about how overly complicated Rex/Rob's defense were, especially the multiple times we've seen 10 men on the field, I can believe that it wasn't always Gilmore's fault when a big play was made by the other team. Now, with Gilmore being on another team and we've seen the same thing happen again, it's not just coincidence. Is it possible that Gilmore does a poor job of communicating with the other DB's? Is he misunderstanding directions/calls or maybe having a brain lapse?

Why do I think that you have an agenda against Gilmore?

Well, for one, you seem to attribute any negative play that occurs within a half a field-width to him, even when it's obvious that it's not his assignment.

Even though I've explained this many times, I'll say again: I don't care at all about defending Gilmore or any other player from just criticism. I only interject when the criticism is based on false pretense (intended or otherwise). It's the same reason that I defended Robert Blanton on Gronk's TD against NRC in Buffalo last year; he didn't mistakenly jump an underneath route--he played his assignment correctly (it was simply an awful scheme). Also the same reason that I defended Meeks and blasted Gilmore on Hogan's TD last year.

Gilmore's biggest deficiency has always been his lack of awareness. It's not brutally apparent because the lapses don't come often, but every so often it happens.

Last night's big play by Hill, however, wasn't one of those times.

No, they aren't. But every CB misses tackles, and gives up a big play every once in a while. Including the stars.

If those are deal breakers, then in reality, you should believe that no CB's are worth big pay days.

I never said Gilmore is garbage, just that he isn't worth what the Pats paid for him. It is simply not true that every CB does those things as often as Gilmore does. Again - KC CB's alone played better than he did last night, and against a supremely better QB.