YoloinOhio

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@profootballtalk

Bills cut Gerald Hodges per source.

@joebuscaglia

Here's one of the other cuts. Hodges was going to be the main backup MLB. Hooked on to the 2nd team D late into camp.

I was this close from recycling my old Poz jersey with a Hodges name plate.

Preston is going to play 100% of snaps this year barring injury. I hope he's ready.

Hodges is probably not going to get picked up so it's not inconceivable that he could be back after week 1 on a week-to-week pay basis.

They wouldn't do something like that to Vlad Ducasse though. Not only might some team snap up The Imploder.......but it would be wrong to not guarantee his salary. :devil:

Hodges is probably not going to get picked up so it's not inconceivable that he could be back after week 1 on a week-to-week pay basis.

They wouldn't do something like that to Vlad Ducasse though. Not only might some team snap up The Imploder.......but it would be wrong to not guarantee his salary. :devil:

Vlad should be the face of the Franchise opening Day.

Oh My God, not that guy, who ever he is, that I'm kinda sure would have been awesome, but I guess may or may not be picked up by another team.

Oh yes, it was That Guy. and the Towers trembled over the move.

Not trying to get political about this, but there appears to be something Trumprussian about this Vlad affection by Beanie and Cecil.

Rumblings he could return after week 1. Salary guaranteed for season if he is on roster week 1

Seems logical. Sign him after week two and put Vallejo on IR for a red shirt year. Win-win.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/9/6/6112927/nfl-week-1-vested-veteran-contracts-are-now-fully-guaranteed

When a team signs a "vested" veteran after Week 1, the organization can sign that player for the league minimum with little risk. If the player is only good enough to last a few weeks or is just signed to fill-in for an injury, the team can drop them and their salary. It's essentially a way to beat the system, while still allowing older players to catch a last paycheck or opportunity.

I was this close from recycling my old Poz jersey with a Hodges name plate.

Poz would have been a good fit in this D.

Seems logical. Sign him after week two and put Vallejo on IR for a red shirt year. Win-win.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/9/6/6112927/nfl-week-1-vested-veteran-contracts-are-now-fully-guaranteed

When a team signs a "vested" veteran after Week 1, the organization can sign that player for the league minimum with little risk. If the player is only good enough to last a few weeks or is just signed to fill-in for an injury, the team can drop them and their salary. It's essentially a way to beat the system, while still allowing older players to catch a last paycheck or opportunity.[/size]

They did this with FB Jerome Felton last year, and led to our putrid running that game.