is jonathan williams next? - update: now cut

ronnieroscoe

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even with their extra picks, there is no way the Bills can fill all the holes and compete for a Playoff Spot before this thing gets to 20 years of no Playoffs.

No QB

LG is 35

Center is now 31-32 years old

No answer at RG or RT

McCoy is 29 now

No #1 WR

The Tight Ends are mediocre

Kyle Williams is 34 now

Dareus is hanging by a thread

Weak Linebacker group with no depth

No name corners

1 deep at Safety

Rookie HC with archaic offensive philosophy

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

All I can figure is that Jonathan Williams was bad in the locker room, or had a bad attitude, or something not related to on-field production. He's young and ready to go. Keeping Tolbert and letting Williams go? Something else must be going on.

I'm telling you this is the worst set of coaches and GM in their history. These guys are brain dead.

Watch and learn. Buffalo hasn't had a decent coach since the early 90s and there is no end in sight. Just watch, we will have a new coach in 2020, there is no doubt in my mind. Beaner boy and McDonut will go on the list of failed GMs and coaches in Buffalo. These clowns will waste 3 more years in a rebuild mode. Then in 2020 the new coaching staff will probably go back to a 3-4 defense and they will have to start all over again.

WOW! I don't know, but maybe see how this team actually PLAYS in a real game before casting such judgment? The negativity amongst Bills fans is amazing considering they have played one game yet. They have actually done a lot of things that are positive. When have we had two 1sts, 2nds and 3rd rounds picks? What part is braindead? Trading a broken wide receiver that was going to cost way too much to re-sign? Trading a corner that hasn't impressed? Cutting a back-up running back or not overpaying another back-up running back?

You have no idea if McDermott is or isn't a "decent coach" yet. Even after this season, you still won't know, win or lose. Look at Superbowl winning head coaches first year: Belichick in Cleveland - 6-10; Johnson in Dallas - 1-15; Noll - 1-13; Walsh - 2-14; Parcells - 3-12-1.

2017: The Year of the Great Hissy Fit

Hissy fit? Why should we trust that Beane and McDermott know what they are doing any more than Whaley did? How do we know they aren't worse?

The young talent on the team is getting systematically eliminated. Whether you think that young talent should be replaced or not is irrelevant when they aren't replacing the young talent as they go.

WOW! I don't know, but maybe see how this team actually PLAYS in a real game before casting such judgment? The negativity amongst Bills fans is amazing considering they have played one game yet. They have actually done a lot of things that are positive. When have we had two 1sts, 2nds and 3rd rounds picks? What part is braindead? Trading a broken wide receiver that was going to cost way too much to re-sign? Trading a corner that hasn't impressed? Cutting a back-up running back or not overpaying another back-up running back?

You have no idea if McDermott is or isn't a "decent coach" yet. Even after this season, you still won't know, win or lose. Look at Superbowl winning head coaches first year: Belichick in Cleveland - 6-10; Johnson in Dallas - 1-15; Noll - 1-13; Walsh - 2-14; Parcells - 3-12-1.

Trading a "broken" wide receiver for a player who is injured more than said broken receiver. (Watkins wasn't broken)

Trading a young CB for a #2 WR who is going to "cost too much to sign" next year.

Trading Ragland that cost us #2 and two #4s for a #4 pick the next year.

Cutting a back-up running back who impressed in the preseason on a run heavy team that is screwed if McCoy gets hurt now.

Something tells me I am not going to look back at these moves and say "wow, those moves really opened it up for the Bills to replace these guys with better players using worse draft picks"

Believe it or not, but McDermott and Beane can be worse. Yes time will tell for sure.

Edited by What a Tuel

You're not paying attention, McDermott clearly stated they are not interested in talent.

You clearly have no understanding of English language and make stuff up.

Why hasn't Whaley found another GM job if he's so good at team building and scouting QB's. Not only do I never see Whaley as a GM again I don't even think a team would hire him as a scout.

Because he is getting paid and can wait for best opportunity. He was highly rated when he came from Pittsburgh and I do not think job in Buffalo will hurt him too much since they will say "well it was Buffalo".

....which club are you with?....just curious.....

Auto club I think.

I think alot of the trades have been questionable from a compensation standpoint, but am generally ok with them...

I didn't even cry when Reilly was cut.

J-Will being cut is the big head-scratcher for me. Just don't get it. Must have not "bought in" or whatever.

I don't know if McBean will work out, but I hope they don't end up like Chip Kelly and Josh McDaniels. We don't need another 5 year setback like that.

I'm telling you this is the worst set of coaches and GM in their history. These guys are brain dead.

Watch and learn. Buffalo hasn't had a decent coach since the early 90s and there is no end in sight. Just watch, we will have a new coach in 2020, there is no doubt in my mind. Beaner boy and McDonut will go on the list of failed GMs and coaches in Buffalo. These clowns will waste 3 more years in a rebuild mode. Then in 2020 the new coaching staff will probably go back to a 3-4 defense and they will have to start all over again.

John Rauch and Harvey Johnson. Understand history before making such claims. And actually let games be played before judging.

John Rauch and Harvey Johnson. Understand history before making such claims. And actually let games be played before judging.

How bad were those two.......

IMHO not a good move. Tolbert is a short term solution at best. McCoy is not getting any younger and Williams has the size and manueverability to be a very decent back in the NFL. This is a run first team. Williams over Joe Banyard any day of the week. I am dismayed at this move..

Tolbert hasn't done anything the past 3 seasons.....he's no solution at all