Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears have on of the worst WR corps in the league and he couldn't make the roster. Healthy or not, I question how much he has left

No, that would be the Bills with the absolute worst WR corps. With Dez gone, the total number of catches for all of our WRs, combined, from our starting QB in real games -- ZERO. And it's TTs third year starting.

Good night Pyle...we hardly knew thee

you are showing your age My friend !

no but he is related to general Luscious Pyle.

God, only real Andy Griffith fans will get that joke. :(

Lets not forget Goober?

If not I'm sure we can easily find another tall guy that also offers nothing as a receiver.

No small task for sure.

How about a speedster perhaps ?

Artimus Pyle. Lynyrd Skynyrd drummer. Crawled through a swamp with torn chest cartilage after the plane crash to get help... as he approached a farmer, the guy shot him in the arm trying to provide a warning over his head! Was later arrested on child molestation - which was later dropped after he pled no contest. There's your fun fact of the day!

Damn Man.

Swamp Music

...anybody in favor of the new system from 90 to 53 versus the old way of 90 to 75 to 53?....or doesn't it matter?................

good for last preseason game from a player perspective. showcase for the waiver. And I have read Coaches like it because of the reduced injury risk to potential 53 playing last PS game.

...anybody in favor of the new system from 90 to 53 versus the old way of 90 to 75 to 53?....or doesn't it matter?................

I liked the old way. Cut it down and give those players that legitimately have a shot more playing time and reps rather than playing a bunch of guys you know won't be on the team.

I liked the old way. Cut it down and give those players that legitimately have a shot more playing time and reps rather than playing a bunch of guys you know won't be on the team.

hard to say. On one hand they get extra time to earn their spot and show what they have, even if it is to other teams, but on the other hand for some it delays the inevitable.

you are showing your age My friend !

Lets not forget Goober?

No small task for sure.

How about a speedster perhaps ?

Damn Man.

Swamp Music

in episode which led to the Gomer Pyle spinoff Gomer goes to basic boot camp for the Marines and meets Sergeant York or whoever his name was and he was doing terribly and Andy knew it, so you snuck into a bar next to the sergeant drill instructor and lead the guy to believe that he was the son of a famous General. Because of that the drill instructor took a lot of time to show Gomer how to really get things right until the very end of the episode when the big guy comes through to do the two or in the drill instructor goes what's your name son Gomer... And then he said wide say you beat General Lucius Pyle Sun if I didn't know better because he doesn't have any sons

in episode which led to the Gomer Pyle spinoff Gomer goes to basic boot camp for the Marines and meets Sergeant York or whoever his name was and he was doing terribly and Andy knew it, so you snuck into a bar next to the sergeant drill instructor and lead the guy to believe that he was the son of a famous General. Because of that the drill instructor took a lot of time to show Gomer how to really get things right until the very end of the episode when the big guy comes through to do the two or in the drill instructor goes what's your name son Gomer... And then he said wide say you beat General Lucius Pyle Sun if I didn't know better because he doesn't have any sons

But you are just a punk Kid? How do you now these things?

Do you have a black and white TV still ?

No time for sergeants

@mikerodak

The Bills have informed safety Joe Powell that he is being waived, a source said.

does he qualify for PS? I like hs play besides the hit on Coleman

Someone lie to me and tell me Ducasse isn't going to make the team.

I think when he whiffedd AGAIN last night and Miller came right back in , the story suggested a happy ending for us. Watching that damned waiver wire for a RG who can play C or LG or T.

Vlad is smoked and I think Bills are going to admit it.

Not, My Three Sons then ?

Edited by 3rdand12

No idea we even had a guy named Greg Pyle on the roster

Beane: Here’s a peculiar…uh…Greg Pyle

McDermott: Who’s he?

Brandon: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.

McDermott: Oh, yeah.

Pegula: Yeah, we…we can’t actually find a record of him currently being on the roster.

Beane: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was cut five months ago and no one ever told him about it. But through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Brandon: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.

Pegula: Great.

Mcdermott: So, uh, Pyle has been cut?

Pegula: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the glitch. So he won’t be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it’ll just work itself out naturally.

Brandon: We always like to avoid confrontation whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

Edited by dgrochester55

I can guarantee safety is the first position they'll be watching the waiver wire for.

why?

Pegula: Here’s a peculiar…uh…Greg Pyle

Beane: Who’s he?

McDermott: You know, squirrely looking guy, mumbles a lot.

Beane: Oh, yeah.

Pegula: Yeah, we…we can’t actually find a record of him currently being on the roster.

Beane: I looked into it more deeply and I found that apparently what happened is that he was cut five months ago and no one ever told him about it. But through some kind of glitch in the payroll department, he still gets a paycheck.

Pegula: So we just went ahead and fixed the glitch.

Beane: Great.

Mcdermott: So, uh, Pyle has been cut?

Pegula: Well, just a second there, professor. We, uh, we fixed the glitch. So he won’t be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it’ll just work itself out naturally.

Beane: We always like to avoid confrontation whenever possible. Problem is solved from your end.

not bad 55 : )

I like it - it kept more people available for game #4 - allowing the starters to essentially sit it out.

Without it when you are at 75 - you have basically back-ups in and if someone gets hurt you got guys from the 53 in playing just to fill out the line-up.

I would prefer to see them have 2 regular preseason games with a 75 man roster ( starters and bubble guys) and the 2 games with a 75 man roster of bubble guys.

hard to say. On one hand they get extra time to earn their spot and show what they have, even if it is to other teams, but on the other hand for some it delays the inevitable.

...shortens a player's sign on ability elsewhere in the mad dash come Saturday..............

SHAZAM!!

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Not in this case.

It's actually "Pyke", with a "K". not that it matters anymore...

But, but...we had a Super Bowl team with a Pike on special teams! Edited by LittleJoeCartwright