Would you accept Colin Kaepernick as a Buffalo Bill?

Spurna

Would you accept Colin Kaepernick as a Buffalo Bill?  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Would you accept Colin Kaepernick as a Buffalo Bill?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady said it best...he isn't talented enough to deal with the 3 ring circus he brings along...I actually said the exact same thing a few days before he was interviewed about it. Same reason Tebow is out of the NFL...backups can't be 3 ring media circuses. At minimum your ability level has to exceed your media attention level. His doesn't.

Edited by matter2003

Would say no, but if we were in a dire situation where TT wasn't ready for week one, I would rather take a shot with Kap than Yates or most other options. I'd take Hill over him but can't really think of any others.

It was. He was a better player three or four years ago than he is now.

I'd say he is the same player, D coordinators just figured out what he was doing and took it away, and he had no answer...kinda like a pitcher that only throws a fastball..once hitters start timing it out, he doesn't have much to fall back on...

I'd say he is the same player, D coordinators just figured out what he was doing and took it away, and he had no answer...kinda like a pitcher that only throws a fastball..once hitters start timing it out, he doesn't have much to fall back on...

He lost some muscle the past couple years, presumably due to his vegan diet. The fast ball isn't as fast, among other things.

He lost some muscle the past couple years, presumably due to his vegan diet. The fast ball isn't as fast, among other things.

He wasn't really that bad on a horrid 49ers team last season with 16 TDs and just 4 ints.

Morally and ethically is have zero issue. Distractions from something like this worry me little (strong teams shouldn't be broken by something this minor).

The only problem I see is cap space, talent and fit to scheme.

If we could benefit from him limiting his own job market and get him on the cheap for a 2-3 year deal and go into next offseason with Taylor, peterman, kaepernick and a high pick as the depth chart battling it out I would be pretty ok.

Edited by NoSaint

i would accept him on the team knowing he isn't a good qb. disirregardless who we bring in, the only smart thing to do is sign him for a week and cut him.

i would not accept the media using it as an attack on buffalo, the constant media narrative of his cause, the entire situation surrounding all of it.

when we cut him it won't end, it'll be buffalo is racist. it'll be kaep is still jesus.

Morally and ethically is have zero issue. Distractions from something like this worry me little (strong teams shouldn't be broken by something this minor).

The only problem I see is cap space, talent and fit to scheme.

If we could benefit from him limiting his own job market and get him on the cheap for a 2-3 year deal and go into next offseason with Taylor, peterman, kaepernick and a high pick as the depth chart battling it out I would be pretty ok.

the contract isn't even something i would consider - but if i do than i have no desire for him on this team.

knowing what we would have to sign him for to rent him a week is insane. and that's why i think it is media driven hype to say he would come here.

i would rather a joe blow college schmuck come take snaps for a week than give him a $1mm for more piggy socks.

Yeah but when you only really do one thing well, its not hard to take it away either

Nothing racist about those shirts. Take your crusade to pp&p .This is the football forum

I'm sure the Trump circlejerk forum will happily explain why a picture depicting a black man with a crosshair across his chest is not racist

I'm sure the Trump circlejerk forum will happily explain why a picture depicting a black man with a crosshair across his chest is not racist

Well, CK happens to be black. What if he were white, would that be racist too? The shirts depict CK because of a different reason than his race. That is obvious.

Edited by Boatdrinks

What is he protesting?

who cares

Also, he's much too expensive as a stop gap, when we have one in Taylor already.

that's the biggest factor in this. for even just $1mm i'd not do it. not for 1 week. I'd give $500k

What is he protesting?

I'm not sure exactly what he was protesting by not rising to honor America during the playing of the anthem like everyone else. But he's as much of an idiot as the guy sitting down while he scarfs Nachos with his hat on in row 5. Is that guy " protesting" too? No he's just an idiot.

Edited by Boatdrinks

I don't care if they call us racist or not I don't want his ass on this team. Is kneeling down and essentially pissing on the national anthem is pure bull crap if people don't like my opinion on it I don't really give a damn

Kelly, I don't often agree with you. But I'm right there with you man. I love how football can bring a community together.

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, both grandparents served and survived with valor and honor in WWII. The flag and the anthem are emotional symbols of an unrealized ideal society where equality, opportunity and equity and realized by all. If we as a country believe the symbol is more important than the practice, we're emotional fools, lacking the ability to question when the ideal is not achieved. It is inarguable that the flag and anthem are conflated with law enforcement, that somehow what law enforcement does is uphold the unrealized ideals the flag symbolized, not guarantees. I don't and never will fly the flag on my house, and neither did my grandfathers who saw the country and imperfect despite serving. I don't blindly support law enforcement or the military. Our country, believe it or not, was founded on the belief that blind loyalty to the ruling class and their support structure (law enforcement, military, policy) only continued to marginalize and exploit everyone else and was not equitable nor democratic. So why do we worship slaves owners for their rebellion against jolly old England and refusal to recognize the flag but for Kaepernick, we're hypocritical and don't understand his message?

I'd take Kaepernick of the tire fire that is TT right now. He's better than every back up in this league and at least 30% or more of the starters. Is he a pro bowler? Nope. But he's better than the ENTIRE QB lineup right now in Bflo, Cleveland, Jax, SF, NYJ, Den, Chi, and LAR. He'd give the starters in Balt, Miami, KC, Cinci, Hou a legit challenge.

What else would expect from a league full of old white owners?