Trade Tyrod and Shady before the season starts

I'd be surprised if either one is dealt after Beane feigning indignation at the notion of tanking last week. If he turns right around and trades his starting QB or star RB, he loses credibility in a hurry.

...so then digging MORE holes has no assurances of a brighter future?.....since when?...........

I have a sneaky suspicion if the right offer comes along Taylor will be sent packing,

touche

Ditto for McCoy, regardless of what Mike Florio has to say about it.

Having said that, I do not believe the Bills are looking to move either player and it is unlikely either will leave.

...so who are your takers and why??...........

There is no team that is one running back away from the Super Bowl. So I don't see a big market out there for Shady. Like I said 2 mid round picks from a team like Green Bay or The Redskins is the return that makes sense to me. Contending teams that lack punch at the running back position might be willing to part with a 2018 4th and a 2019 5th to try and get 2 elite years out of Shady.

Why bother !@#$ing up your season just for some fairly meaningless mid round picks. The only trade I see out there for Tyrod that would net an actual return would be if a contending team with a similar QB type (Seattle and Carolina come to mind) suffered a devastating injury at QB and they offered a similar haul to what the Eagles got for Sam Bradford.

So if Cam Newton or Russell Wilson suffered a major injury I could see those teams willing to give up a 1st in 2018 plus 2 mid round picks for Tyrod. At that point I think you would have to consider it but that's an unlikely scenario.

Man......you better watch out you will get a rep as a Shady hater. :flirt:

It's mostly about the position with Shady.......RB is a devalued position where 6th round rookies can come in and flash with huge seasons........no other offensive position like that.

We value guys that do it year in and year out more of course..........but it matters that you can plug in a Mike Gillislee and get better production on a rather extensive basis.

And from within the position........Shady has to come off the field on third and short and near the goal line.

That's a significant issue..........less significant when you have the league's best short yardage and goal line guy in MG.......but without?

Third down is the money down and scoring RZ touchdown % is so important you simply can't ignore a RB's weakness in that area when determining his status.

Hopefully Jon Williams proves to be the physical short yardage/RZ guy that MG was but I expect that without MG Shady is set up to look bad because he will be used for things he's not good at.

Don't worry, they're not looking for Shady to be a goal-line RB. They're just looking for him to be top-5 in rushing yards and TD's again outside the goal-line area.

As for MG, he's on his 3rd week of missing time with a hamstring injury. All at the advanced age of 26 with just 3 years, most of them abbreviated, in the NFL.

Well the 5th year option wasn't $ 20M. He may have said he wouldn't re sign but none of his comments after it wasn't picked up would support that statement. If I recall, he said if he performed up to his abilities he would get what he deserved ( said this in LA as well) and that his job was to be a Buffalo Bill for life. We will see. I doubt he re-signs with the Rams before the season is up unless they give him boxcar #s. I'm don't see why he would, anyway.

My bad. It was $13.26M.

...so what would that offer be bud?.....and what would it be based on?.....and WHO would offer?....just curious......

If Watkins could be had for a 2, I'll say 3rd or maybe 4th rounder

Its based on the events leading up to now, including the good play of rookie/most NFL ready/ Peterman(IMO)

As far as who, probably someonne wanting to make a Championship push and want insurance at the QB position.

All pure speculation on my part of course...

There is no team that is one running back away from the Super Bowl. So I don't see a big market out there for Shady. Like I said 2 mid round picks from a team like Green Bay or The Redskins is the return that makes sense to me. Contending teams that lack punch at the running back position might be willing to part with a 2018 4th and a 2019 5th to try and get 2 elite years out of Shady.

Why bother !@#$ing up your season just for some fairly meaningless mid round picks. The only trade I see out there for Tyrod that would net an actual return would be if a contending team with a similar QB type (Seattle and Carolina come to mind) suffered a devastating injury at QB and they offered a similar haul to what the Eagles got for Sam Bradford.

So if Cam Newton or Russell Wilson suffered a major injury I could see those teams willing to give up a 1st in 2018 plus 2 mid round picks for Tyrod. At that point I think you would have to consider it but that's an unlikely scenario.

....so is that worth pulling the trigger for?....does that typify that you mail it in today because out year pick(s) will solve the answer?......I'd rather let Shady run wild in 2017 and see what Dennison can do with TT in his "make it or break it year" versus rolling over for allegedly "later years".............

my cousin in Tampa said there are a lot of rumors about Shady going there. i've also heard Baltimore and Philly are interested. the Bills aren't entertaining offers...until they get an offer they can't refuse! they also weren't looking to trade Sammy either supposedly. where there is smoke there is fire. i wonder what the offer is that Beane is holding out for? man i wish we were able to be a fly on the wall during those discussions!! i'd do it for a 1st in a second, maybe a 2nd and a player depending on who the team is and how high they are picking

my cousin in Tampa said there are a lot of rumors about Shady going there. i've also heard Baltimore and Philly are interested. the Bills aren't entertaining offers...until they get an offer they can't refuse! they also weren't looking to trade Sammy either supposedly. where there is smoke there is fire. i wonder what the offer is that Beane is holding out for? man i wish we were able to be a fly on the wall during those discussions!! i'd do it for a 1st in a second, maybe a 2nd and a player depending on who the team is and how high they are picking

Or, as it seems, it all goes back to that one Evan Silva tweet and wishful thinking from other fanbases stemming from a misunderstanding of the Watkins/Darby trades (a couple articles i read listed them as solely trades for picks), and an essential disrespect for the Bills.

If they could somehow get a first, or a second and a worthwhile player, I'd still hate it, but I'd stomach it. It's putting a lot of stock in one draft class, though. Also, I don't think this is what Beane or McDermott is trying to do. The infamous trades hint at an attempt to compete (whether you think this is futile is up to you) while building for the future.

Or, as it seems, it all goes back to that one Evan Silva tweet and wishful thinking from other fanbases stemming from a misunderstanding of the Watkins/Darby trades (a couple articles i read listed them as solely trades for picks), and an essential disrespect for the Bills.

If they could somehow get a first, or a second and a worthwhile player, I'd still hate it, but I'd stomach it. It's putting a lot of stock in one draft class, though. Also, I don't think this is what Beane or McDermott is trying to do. The infamous trades hint at an attempt to compete (whether you think this is futile is up to you) while building for the future.

McBeane is building a team to compete in 2-3 years. a high paid 32 year old Shady is not part of their plans. it does make sense to cut ties now and get something rather than cutting him later on down the road

Oh gawd... seriously?!

Fig... c'mon man. If we trade McCoy and Taylor (which I absolutely think is possible), it's pretty obvious we're going nowhere and we're setting the team up for the best possible draft pick in 2018.

AKA: Tanking

McDermott: "Gee Kyle, Richie, Eric, and Lorenzo.....I swear we're still trying to win this season. No seriously.....stop laughing".

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Oh gawd... seriously?!

Fig... c'mon man. If we trade McCoy and Taylor (which I absolutely think is possible), it's pretty obvious we're going nowhere and we're setting the team up for the best possible draft pick in 2018.

i think it's more about rebuilding with young cheap players. McBeane wants a bunch of good players on their rookie deals that fit the system, not older expensive guys that aren't "their guy"

what would you think about a 4th rounder this year plus a 4th rounder in 2019?...hard to see the offers being much more than this, but I could be wrong.

what would you think about a 4th rounder this year plus a 4th rounder in 2019?...hard to see the offers being much more than this, but I could be wrong.

i think the backlash from fans would make it not worth it even if they think it makes football sense to get out of that big contract. i wonder if Beane has to go to ownership first before making such a move in which case they might veto it. i think some if not most people could get on board with like a 2nd round pick and a player like they did with Sammy.

Oh gawd... seriously?!

Myself personally, I'm open to the possibility we could win football games with Peterman behind center.

He won't be moved for anything less than a 2nd.

This year is a wash. It's obvious Tyrod is not in the team's long-term plans...why not trade him for whatever you can get and give Peterman the keys for the year? If we can get a 4th/5th rounder and depth player I'd take it, as opposed to riding out the year with him and letting him walk. Then you give Peterman a full 16 to see how he does and if he can stick as the backup/possible starter for the future.

Shady only has maybe 2-3 good years left in him, barring injury, and is on a huge contract. By the time this team will be ready to be good again, he'll either be expendable or retiring. Why not get a haul for him while he still has value, and let Jonathan Williams start? RBs are a dime a dozen anyways. I get that this would piss off a large portion of the fanbase, but why not go all in, since you've already traded two of your best players for picks? Load up for next year's draft and beyond. I'd even look at trading Dareus to be honest.

never post agian

Stop giving ideas to Dan Speculation O'Shea,

This year is a wash. It's obvious Tyrod is not in the team's long-term plans...why not trade him for whatever you can get and give Peterman the keys for the year? If we can get a 4th/5th rounder and depth player I'd take it, as opposed to riding out the year with him and letting him walk. Then you give Peterman a full 16 to see how he does and if he can stick as the backup/possible starter for the future.

Shady only has maybe 2-3 good years left in him, barring injury, and is on a huge contract. By the time this team will be ready to be good again, he'll either be expendable or retiring. Why not get a haul for him while he still has value, and let Jonathan Williams start? RBs are a dime a dozen anyways. I get that this would piss off a large portion of the fanbase, but why not go all in, since you've already traded two of your best players for picks? Load up for next year's draft and beyond. I'd even look at trading Dareus to be honest.

Let me get this straight. Beane goes on the record with national media saying he's annoyed by the notion that the Bills are tanking the season after the trades of Watkins and Darby. So now he's going to trade his starting QB and starting RB who's the key to the offense?

You don't want to call it tank or rebuild ? Fine , if you still believe than winning games this season is a higher priority then the next years draft ( because Bean goes on the record to say that he's annoyed by blah blah blah ) then I don't know what to tell you

Trade Tyrod for a bag of fruit snacks for all I care.

McCoy needs to stay. McCoy is not a dime a dozen either, that statement is probably the stupidest one I've seen on multiple forum threads about RB's

McCoy will be washed up by the time the Bills can be a playoff caliber team in 2020 assuming they find a franchise QB in next years' draft and hit on some drafts picks.