REAL Trade Proposal - Jerry Hughes

Domdab99

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't trade your best and most productive defensive player with 3 years left in his deal, especially coming off a defense that didn't fit his strengths. Hughes will blow up this year and will be way more valuable after this season.

Regardless, he isn't a player we are trying to get rid of. He is a piece you want to keep,

Trading Tyrod makes more sense than trading Hughes.

Ragland is a different story. I see the Bills give a conditional 4th for him to. 3-4 team. They'll give him till after fourth preseason game. Expect a trade then.

Not any of this ridiculous "trade Tyrod" crap.

My trade?

Jerry Hughes for a No. 2 and a body at WR or CB.

With Shaq and Yarbrough coming on, lets skew young and get rid of a guy who really didn't perform that great the last two years...granted, it was because of Rex's **** scheme, but it's still worthwhile to get something for him.

I like Jerry...but we really don't need him.

I've never been a fan of Jerry Hughes, he had those 2 good years and then regressed back to his usual self the past 2, he takes untimely penalties and I don't believe he's a team first guy, anyone who thinks trading Jerry Hughes is tanking you have to go re-watch him play the past 2 seasons. This is a better scheme fit for him but if we could get a 2nd round pick and a depth player I'd be all for that.

no tank...I just don't see Jerry being the last piece between the Bills and the playoffs this year, do you?

obviously

LMAO...so let me get this straight...because you don't think we will make the playoffs this year, we should get rid of our best players? How in the hell do you plan to ever make the playoffs if we just keep getting rid of our talent? NEWS FLASH...all kinds of people here want CUT our 2nd round draft pick from last year before he has even taken an NFL snap...yet you value 2nd round picks over high quality DE's.

What is with people here who completely lack any vision past the present? You guys all wine non stop about needing more talent...then you wine to trade away all our talent everytime you think we won't win anything that year.

Best part, everyone seems to think draft picks are full of magic dust that having them means you will hit big on every pick. MOST draft picks either become marginal to average players or BUST. Very low percentage of draft picks go on to be quality starting players and an even lower go on to be of the caliber of Hughes or Watkins. Go through any draft and count the number of good to great players and its a tiny fraction. If you get a a couple starters and one pro bowler, thats a BIG success, yet its also not very easy to do.

I've never been a fan of Jerry Hughes, he had those 2 good years and then regressed back to his usual self the past 2, he takes untimely penalties and I don't believe he's a team first guy, anyone who thinks trading Jerry Hughes is tanking you have to go re-watch him play the past 2 seasons. This is a better scheme fit for him but if we could get a 2nd round pick and a depth player I'd be all for that.

Yeah amazing how those good seasons you talk about were when he was playing in a scheme where he is a natural fit in the 4-3 and the 2 bad years you talk about were when he was in a very unnatural 3-4 role.

He is back in the 4-3 this year. He will be more than fine.

You need to understand schemes and how they effect players, especially at DE/rush OLB a little bit better...actually a lot better

My trade?

With Shaq and Yarbrough coming on, lets skew young and get rid of a guy who really didn't perform that great the last two years...granted, it was because of Rex's **** scheme, but it's still worthwhile to get something for him.

Nope, build the defense, purge the offense, rebuild the offense next spring, championship.

Yeah amazing how those good seasons you talk about were when he was playing in a scheme where he is a natural fit in the 4-3 and the 2 bad years you talk about were when he was in a very unnatural 3-4 role.

He is back in the 4-3 this year. He will be more than fine.

You need to understand schemes and how they effect players, especially at DE/rush OLB a little bit better...actually a lot better

Read what I wrote again, I did mention it was a better scheme fit for him but a 2nd and another depth player is more valuable imo, you're saying he'll be more than fine based on what exactly? Him being good 3 seasons ago? I played LB in HS, S in college up until I got injured, I know schemes just fine.

Neat idea, but I'm slightly concerned about our depth at DE. Not much after Yarbrough.

Ryan Davis has been a solid performer in the league, or at the least a great depth player. He had 10 sacks over 2014-15.

That said, I'd rather not trade Hughes.

My trade?

Why don't we need a really good DE? Why do so many here want to get rid of our good players? If you just want a body at WR or CB that is easy to do

Edited by nucci

My trade?

so trading tyrod would be crap but hughes wouldnt? we dont need our best pass rusher? So Hughes didnt perform that great the last 2 years but what has shaq and yarb done. Yarb has had a good camp, lets wait for him to actually do something during the season first.

What a lame thread

LMAO...so let me get this straight...because you don't think we will make the playoffs this year, we should get rid of our best players? How in the hell do you plan to ever make the playoffs if we just keep getting rid of our talent? NEWS FLASH...all kinds of people here want CUT our 2nd round draft pick from last year before he has even taken an NFL snap...yet you value 2nd round picks over high quality DE's.

What is with people here who completely lack any vision past the present? You guys all wine non stop about needing more talent...then you wine to trade away all our talent everytime you think we won't win anything that year.

Best part, everyone seems to think draft picks are full of magic dust that having them means you will hit big on every pick. MOST draft picks either become marginal to average players or BUST. Very low percentage of draft picks go on to be quality starting players and an even lower go on to be of the caliber of Hughes or Watkins. Go through any draft and count the number of good to great players and its a tiny fraction. If you get a a couple starters and one pro bowler, thats a BIG success, yet its also not very easy to do.

i concur