Cryptos

Foxx

some of you know that i am a firm believer of BitCoin and crypto currencies in general.

the world as you know it is changing. with, or without you. you can become one of the early adopters and reap the benefits that go along with being one. or, you can play catch up and be relegated to the place you currently hold. the public awareness is moving along at quite a snails pace, currently around 1.5%. however that is an overall macro glance. if one were to drill down and see the micro, they would realize that the pace of awareness is blistering.

you have been told. what you do is completely up to you.

do you know what an ICO is?

google is a wonderful thing... not really, but for the unaware.....

Edited by Foxx

some of you know that i am a firm believer of BitCoin and crypto currencies in general.

the world as you know it is changing. with, or without you. you can become one of the early adopters and reap the benefits that go along with being one. or, you can play catch up and be relegated to the place you currently hold. the public awareness is moving along at quite a snails pace, currently around 1.5%. however that is an overall macro glance. if one were to drill down and see the micro, they would realize that the pace of awareness is blistering.

you have been told. what you do is completely up to you.

do you know what an ICO is?

google is a wonderful thing... not really, but for the unaware.....

Seems like a MLM scam. Those who get in early get largest reward.

Yes, you're very special, give yourself a hand.

not really Tom. however, thank you. i do hope you take my advice.

Seems like a MLM scam. Those who get in early get largest reward.

well, i can certainly see how that could be a perception. however, there is just way too much friggin money in this thing to turn back. we are talking trillions.

the blockchain is going to change the world, hell it already is changing the world.

when you have Master Card and Visa, as well as Goldman Sacs quietly becoming part of this new world, you know it's legit.

Edited by Foxx

not really Tom. however, thank you. i do hope you take my advice.

Yes, really. This is the LAMPiest LAMP that ever LAMPed.

And thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice. Particularly about Bitcoin.

Bitcoin. :rolleyes: You smoke pot too, don't you?

Yes, really. This is the LAMPiest LAMP that ever LAMPed.

And thanks for the advice, but I don't need any advice. Particularly about Bitcoin.

Bitcoin. :rolleyes: You smoke pot too, don't you?

my take away from this post is that your quite content with the digital digits that reside on the ledger that your bank holds. you know, the ones that are controlled by GUS. the ones that can be brought into existence by the mere wave of a hand, which, oh by the way, reduces the value of all those other digits that are currently residing there. how many rounds of Quantitative Easing were there again? further, it would seem that you are quite comfortable with that phenomenon, known as inflation. that can only be because everything the government does, it does better than anyone else can. better even than a decentralized, trustless, open source, public ledger could ever do. one that is operated by your neighbors all around you. yeah, who would think up such an atrocity.

so, your right, you don't need my advice. continue along in your own ignorance as it seems to suit you.

cheers

:)

Edited by Foxx

my take away from this post is that your quite content with the digital digits that reside on the ledger that your bank holds. you know, the ones that are controlled by GUS. the ones that can be brought into existence by the mere wave of a hand, which, oh by the way, reduces the value of all those other digits that are currently residing there. how many rounds of Quantitative Easing were there again? further, it would seem that you are quite comfortable with that phenomenon, known as inflation. that can only be because everything the government does, it does better than anyone else can. better even than a decentralized, trustless, open source, public ledger could ever do. one that is operated by your neighbors all around you. yeah, who would think up such an atrocity.

so, your right, you don't need my advice. continue along in your own ignorance as it seems to suit you.

cheers

giphy.gif

cheers

Or I know more about blockchain transactions than you do, LAMPy McLAMPface.

my take away from this post is that your quite content with the digital digits that reside on the ledger that your bank holds. you know, the ones that are controlled by GUS.

GUS ???

Wasn't GUS a mule that kicked field goals?

Maybe this thread should be moved to the main board, it is football related.

GUS was another Knotts/Conway gem. Couple it with The Apple Dumpling Gang and there were what should have been Academy Award Nominations! (seriously trying to hijack the thread here)

What about the Scooby Doo cartoons with Knotts and Conway? Pure Gold.

my take away from this post is that your quite content with the digital digits that reside on the ledger that your bank holds. you know, the ones that are controlled by GUS.

GUS ???

GUS was another Knotts/Conway gem. Couple it with The Apple Dumpling Gang and there were what should have been Academy Award Nominations! (seriously trying to hijack the thread here)

As long as you're gonna mention Knotts, how about The Incredible Mr. Limpett? Ladyfish was a smoke show.

GUS ???

equating GUS with the Knotts/Conway team is quite apropos.

Come on Tom you can't be that stuck in the mud.

Sooner or later currency will go digital in modernized countries. The obvious is the isolated 3rd world countries.

I witnessed a scam the other day at Wawa

For those unfamiliar with Wawa it's gas station chain with a sandwich shop inside. You walk in, use a touch screen kiosk to order a sandwich and a ticket is printed out. You pay at the register while the sandwich is made. When the sandwich is ready they call your number, you put your ticket in a basket, and collect your sandwich

I'm there ordering a sandwich minding my own business and see another patron walk up, says the number and puts a piece of paper into the bin. Wawa hands over the sandwich. Not unusual, people don't hear their number the first time, they get stuck in line, go out to fuel their car, or hit the bathroom while the sandwich is being made

A minute or two later another patron asks for the same number which has already been handed away. They check the receipt which has the number and is stamped as paid. They check the basket and find a blank piece of white paper. Somebody walked off with the other guys sandwich :doh:

Or did they....

On my way out the parking lot I see the same two guys pulling away in the same car :censored:

For those unfamiliar with Wawa it's gas station chain with a sandwich shop inside. You walk in, use a touch screen kiosk to order a sandwich and a ticket is printed out. You pay at the register while the sandwich is made. When the sandwich is ready they call your number, you put your ticket in a basket, and collect your sandwich

I'm there ordering a sandwich minding my own business and see another patron walk up, says the number and puts a piece of paper into the bin. Wawa hands over the sandwich. Not unusual, people don't hear their number the first time, they get stuck in line, go out to fuel their car, or hit the bathroom while the sandwich is being made

A minute or two later another patron asks for the same number which has already been handed away. They check the receipt which has the number and is stamped as paid. They check the basket and find a blank piece of white paper. Somebody walked off with the other guys sandwich :doh:

Or did they....

On my way out the parking lot I see the same two guys pulling away in the same car :censored:

Thanks. I'll have to remember this.

Or did they....

That worked great at the Mighty Taco at 2:00am. You didn't even need a piece of paper, just wait for an order that sounds good! :beer:

When Armageddon hits a can of tuna will be more valuable than a bitcoin or a brick of gold.

no doubt. however, if you live your life waiting for armageddon, life will just pass you by.

that being said, I think the precious metal, lead will be quite valuable in your scenario.

best to make hay while the sun shines my friend.

Edited by Foxx

When Armageddon hits a can of tuna will be more valuable than a bitcoin or a brick of gold.

Soap will be more valuable than tuna.

My wife wants to stockpile clothes in the basement for the upcoming Trumpocalypse. I keep trying to explain to her: soap, alcohol, and salt.

And blockchain currency, of course.

Come on Tom you can't be that stuck in the mud.

Sooner or later currency will go digital in modernized countries. The obvious is the isolated 3rd world countries.

Currency is already digital in most countries.

What LAMPy McLAMPenstein forgets is that the technology underlying bitcoin isn't bitcoin-specific. It's applicable to a much wider variety of exchanges, not even limited to currency.

Or when somebody inevitably uncovers a vulnerability in the crypto

9ae6a7e6f64bbe6949fed8c8911340225373c7f7

Cant' be much worse than the current state of things.

Can't share the details, as the FBI is investigating...but I know of a recent incident where a series of fake wire transfer request resulted in a large sum of money ("millions") being sent to an ISIS bank instead of a commercial developer's account. They're now looking at moving away from wire transfers to certified or cashier's checks...which they moved away from because losses to fraud were too great.

The weak point in crpytography is always the people using it. Even if anyone breaks the blockchain algorithms underlying bitcoin, it's still going to be easier and cheaper to target the idiots using it.

Cant' be much worse than the current state of things.

Can't share the details, as the FBI is investigating...but I know of a recent incident where a series of fake wire transfer request resulted in a large sum of money ("millions") being sent to an ISIS bank instead of a commercial developer's account. They're now looking at moving away from wire transfers to certified or cashier's checks...which they moved away from because losses to fraud were too great.

The weak point in crpytography is always the people using it. Even if anyone breaks the blockchain algorithms underlying bitcoin, it's still going to be easier and cheaper to target the idiots using it.

And just wait till quantum computing renders the cryptography obsolete.

Soap will be more valuable than tuna.

My wife wants to stockpile clothes in the basement for the upcoming Trumpocalypse. I keep trying to explain to her: soap, alcohol, and salt.

And blockchain currency, of course.

Currency is already digital in most countries.

What LAMPy McLAMPenstein forgets is that the technology underlying bitcoin isn't bitcoin-specific. It's applicable to a much wider variety of exchanges, not even limited to currency.

precisely.

that is why the title of this thread is, Cryptos (i started a different Bitcoin thread which i will resurrect and gloat a bit in a few). there are so many companies that are coming into existence that are utilizing the smart contracts of the Etherium Blockchain that it is literally changing the face of the financial landscape as it exists today. and that is the purpose of this thread. to expose the unaware to the new reality that will be thrust unto their paradigm and to be ahead of the curve or at the very least to be prepared for it.

the old economic model is slowly dying. we have been seeing signs of this all around us for over a decade now. brick and mortar won't completely go away, but what you now know to be, is going to be dramatically different in another decade. commercial real estate is in trouble.

there is a revolution happening. be a part of it.