Bills GM Brandon Beane 'annoyed' by tanking talk

YoloinOhio

I think Tampa Bay would make a ton of sense, though I really hope they don't move him for a song.

Shady with Jameis, Evans, DeSean Jackson, and OJ Howard would be lethal, but they already have Doug Martin. I believe GB has a greater need for him if he's available.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. He saying he is annoyed certainly rankled me and even a few days later, I cant get over it for the reasons you stated. He has proven nothing as a GM so far. Poor press conferences are something that Whaley used to regularly get trashed for. Beane's start is no better and the pressure will get worse if the team underperforms. He needs to understand the public aspect of his job real soon.

I don't think his press conferences have been bad and I don't mind if he talks down to Jerry Sullivan for instance. But he should learn to not assume that Bills fans are stupid. I'm sure Carolina fans are FAR more casual.

I go back to Pitt. The Bell situation is pretty ugly.

Bell indicated yesterday that he's going to report to the team before the regular season begins.

Martin starts season on the suspension list.

I know, but they'll be okay without him for 4 games.

They'll get at least 3 even if the results the first two are bad which they will be.

There was no need to give away Sammy, even in rebuilding mode. Hell there's no need to even rebuild, but these guys want their team their way it seems.

Stupid, IMO because there was/is some talent here but forcing schemes and shipping out good players for draft picks and losing is a good way for fans to lose patience and confidence in the regimes "plan" quickly.

Bingo. These are acts of arrogance and control and disregard for the fans and where this team was / can be. Pure and simple power hungry arrogance.

Edited by jethro_tull

I wonder if he is still annoyed at fans think we aren't trying to win this year. How dare fans understand that having a dynamic WR threat opens up other options for the offense. Only NFL GMs should be privy to that info. I'm guessing Beane got just a little more up to speed watching that last night.

If only they would stop talking out of both sides of their mouth I would have more respect for beane. Trading Watkins and "win now" are mutually exclusive no matter how you slice it.

Just say they are in rebuilding mode and be done with it.

If only they would stop talking out of both sides of their mouth I would have more respect for beane. Trading Watkins and "win now" are mutually exclusive no matter how you slice it.

Just say they are in rebuilding mode and be done with it.

Chomp Chomp fans....How about this BS sandwich we're selling? It takes one.

Switching the OL to zone blocking and the passing game to timing plays is just the opposite of what the OL and Taylor were good at.

So this square peg in a round hole O system would be a tank imo

This season the D will be good , the O a disaster

Switching the OL to zone blocking and the passing game to timing plays is just the opposite of what the OL and Taylor were good at.

The Bills operated out of zone blocking in the run game last year more than they did out of any other scheme:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/15/14933170/buffalo-bills-lesean-mccoy-mike-gillislee-rick-dennison-run-game-zone-blocking

Well Cry Me A River

Prove you can field a competitive team this year, then you can be annoyed by the Tanking talk, Mr Beane. So far you traded off TT's best target and have failed to improve the right side of the OL, an the results ain't pretty

The Bills operated out of zone blocking in the run game last year more than they did out of any other scheme:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/3/15/14933170/buffalo-bills-lesean-mccoy-mike-gillislee-rick-dennison-run-game-zone-blocking

'Tis true but wasn't it a different zone blocking scheme?

@evansilva

I expect #Bills to listen to trade offers for Shady McCoy & Tyrod Taylor if not make some themselves. Getting 2017 wins not their priority.

This is a fantasy football guy with no apparent ties to the Bills inside thought that I can see. He even says "I expect..." Why are we all acting as if this is gospel as to the thought processes of the Bills? This would not be in line with the trades of last week as those were not tanking moves since there were good players coming back.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but this seems like shellshocked Bills fans (and I'm seeing this on FB too) treating an opinion as fact after a rough, ugly pre-season game.

Edited by thurst44

This is a fantasy football guy with no apparent ties to the Bills inside thought that I can see. He even says "I expect..." Why are we all acting as if this is gospel as to the thought processes of the Bills? This would not be in line with the trades of last week as those were not tanking moves since there were good players coming back.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but this seems like shellshocked Bills fans (and I'm seeing this on FB too) treating an opinion as fact after a rough, ugly pre-season game.

No one is doing that. We've been discussing hypothetical situations where Shady might fit.

You nailed it. It's also the hallmark of the Bills. Firing on one cylinder.

"I'm annoyed by my customers" is not a good thing to say in any business no matter what type of pants they wear. You might be splitting heirs when saying it wasn't a verbal smackdown. Fine. He definitely did not show a lot of respect for the fans' knowledge level.

Please provide a link where it was documented that he stated "I'm annoyed by my customers."

1. Go to the first post of this thread.

2. Click Link

3. Read article

4. Realize that fans = customers

5. Profit

No where in that piece is there anything remotely suggesting that Beane stated "I'm annoyed by my customers" or "I'm annoyed by my fans."

So now you have two options:

1. Provide a link to a source that proves Beane stated "I'm annoyed by my customers/fans."

OR

2. Admit you made it up

Edited by Wayne Arnold

They deserve at least 3 even if it won't be fun for fans initially. I don't really love their treatment of Sammy which was outrageously dumb and emotional. I had liked pretty much everything else they were doing and it seemed to make sense. Even the Darby trade made sense once the Sammy debacle had been completed. In isolation the Darby trade was good and showed forward thinking.

I bolded "had" in the previous section because Beane's verbal smackdown of fans for having the gaul to think we are tanking when we GAVE AWAY OUR BEST PLAYER for future assets was unnecessary and insulting. No GM or coach is perfect so it is not the end of the world but I sure hope he learns to stop being a douche bag and blatantly talking down to the fan base. Talking down subtly is necessary at times, but this was blatant even to casual fans.

I scanned his feed. Not sure he knows a lot of insider information.

Exactly. He saying he is annoyed certainly rankled me and even a few days later, I cant get over it for the reasons you stated. He has proven nothing as a GM so far. Poor press conferences are something that Whaley used to regularly get trashed for. Beane's start is no better and the pressure will get worse if the team underperforms. He needs to understand the public aspect of his job real soon.

Huh. I didn't take it that way at all. I thought he was referring more to the media, not fans.

I kinda liked that he was annoyed by the tanking talk. I thought he made some good points as to why they weren't tanking. The Jets are tanking. Cleveland tanked. The Bills are not tanking.

As far as his press conferences, I don't see how they could even be put in the same ballpark as Whaley's, IMO anyway. Whaley has some big time trouble with public speaking. I thought Beane has been better than Whaley by miles... His public speaking ability was one of the first things I noticed about him.

Edited by BillsFan4

No where in that piece is there anything remotely suggesting that Beane stated "I'm annoyed by my customers" or "I'm annoyed by my fans."

So now you have two options:

1. Provide a link to a source that proves Beane stated "I'm annoyed by my customers/fans."

OR

2. Admit you made it up

The whole thing is Beane whining and denying tanking. He uses the word annoyed. By whom is he annoyed. Are you saying if he thought it was only the press he wouldn't have used the term "the press". If it isn't solely the press then it is his customers. Edited by 4merper4mer

They are doing the opposite. Stripping talent and preparing for a bad season. Stupid, but Billsy.

How are we "stripping talent"? I understand the Sammy trade, but what else? Why did we sign Boldin if we are "stripping talent"? Why did we resign Hotrod. Why did we trade for Matthews? Why are we holding onto McCoy?

I just don't see it. I think we're doing both. Building for the future AND trying to win as many games as we can this year.

The whole thing is Beane whining and denying tanking. He uses the word annoyed. By whom is he annoyed. Are you saying if he thought it was only the press he wouldn't have used the term "the press". If it isn't solely the press then it is his customers.

Thank you for admitting you made it up.

Yea I think BADOL said getting a new, first time head coach off to a good start with talent is important.

They are doing the opposite. Stripping talent and preparing for a bad season. Stupid, but Billsy.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, lets see how it turns out.