Sammy will be a free agent. If healthy get him back.

Cherrybone

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the Bills subject themselves to that? They dont have the best cap situation and depending on how he does this year, would cost 12,15,18 million a year. Why the hell would he ever come back to this area, where he has gotten so much crap on pages like this? if he signed a contract here in Buffalo, it would be constant complaining about him for the next however many years.

If this regime was willing to sign Watkins to a big contract even with a healthy, productive season then they'd have kept him. They moved on because they didn't like the risk (and/or attitude). It's over.

On a side note, Sammy fans seem to be getting through the stages of grief at a decent clip.

...Sammy and Woods were a pretty good tandem in Buffalo.........if he stays healthy and they do more of the same in LA, they'll either sign him long term or tag him.....we'll never know if declining the 5th year soured him on Bflo anyway.......I'd say that ship has sailed..............

I know it sounds crazy. However just think. There are many ways this can become a reality. Sammy may show flashes but not be able to produce at no fault of his own. Qb play may hurt him this season. The Bills now have multiple picks to draft their qb of the future. Matthews, and the rest of the receivers along with Tyrod may not fit the bill and it may make things harder on McCoy.

With a qb in place and Shady playing at a high level with Sammy on the outside, you never know. My idea is also wishful thinking. Miss Sammy already.

I love how many people here are just assuming we are going to draft a QB next year and he is going to be the answer even though history has shown that even QBs drafted in the top 5 have a less than 50% hit rate. It's just funny to me.

Why would the Bills subject themselves to that? They dont have the best cap situation and depending on how he does this year, would cost 12,15,18 million a year. Why the hell would he ever come back to this area, where he has gotten so much crap on pages like this? if he signed a contract here in Buffalo, it would be constant complaining about him for the next however many years.

Do you really thinks he reads pages like this?

They don't have the best cap situation? At present they are over $26M under the 2018 cap. And if they jettison Tyrod and split his dead cap hit over two years, they gain an additional $11.5M dollars in room.

As for Sammy coming back, that ship has sailed. He grew up a Bills fan so I believe he wanted to be here initially. But when they declined to pick up his fifth year option, I think the luster wore off for him. And the Bills traded him because they decided that even if he had a great year, they weren't going to commit $12-$14M/year for a guy with his injury history.

They don't have the best cap situation? At present they are over $26M under the 2018 cap. And if they jettison Tyrod and split his dead cap hit over two years, they gain an additional $11.5M dollars in room.

As for Sammy coming back, that ship has sailed. He grew up a Bills fan so I believe he wanted to be here initially. But when they declined to pick up his fifth year option, I think the luster wore off for him. And the Bills traded him because they decided that even if he had a great year, they weren't going to commit $12-$14M/year for a guy with his injury history.

Comes down to bad plans and the subesequent punches in the mouth that changed them.

Greggo had a plan........no fat guys........so he and Donahoe cut team leader and one-man run defense Ted Washington.

Then NFL RB's utterly humiliated him.

The next thing you know........welcome mercurial sloppy fat guy Sam Adams. :doh:

Jauron had a plan.......he wanted his guys........no selfish personalities.

Until his seat got hot........then enter Terrell Owens. :lol:

Pretty much. They didn't want to pay him if he had a big year which makes little sense. It's a pre Pegula move hence the Jauron/Levy comparison from BADOL.

The injury history is blown way out of proportion. He had a serious foot issue that looks to be healed. Otherwise he missed 3 games in 2015 and 0 his rookie year.

****. At least find out if he can stay healthy for another full season and see what he can do in a contract year before jumping the gun.

Id bet a lot of money he will be mostly healthy throughout the rest of his career and if Goff develops he will be a stud for years.

We shall see.

Pretty much. They didn't want to pay him if he had a big year which makes little sense. It's a pre Pegula move hence the Jauron/Levy comparison from BADOL.

The injury history is blown way out of proportion. He had a serious foot issue that looks to be healed. Otherwise he missed 3 games in 2015 and 0 his rookie year.

****. At least find out if he can stay healthy for another full season and see what he can do in a contract year before jumping the gun.

Id bet a lot of money he will be mostly healthy throughout the rest of his career and if Goff develops he will be a stud for years.

Couple issues with that.

1) Either injuries that he has played through have prevented him from producing more or he's not as good enough to warrant a big contract. And don't give me BS about it being scheme or QB. No OC leaves the kind of yards we're talking about on the field because the just feel like running the ball. Also WRs have done much better with much worse at QB. Hell, Josh Gordon led the league a few seasons ago in 14 games with hot garbage at QB for the Browns.

2) The only way to keep him from getting the free agency after this season was going to be the franchise tag. Sometimes going to go crazy and break the bank for him, but it'll be a big risk. It will probably be done by a team with a regime that is in trouble and won't have to deal with the mess if it blows up. This regime doesn't have to take that kind of risk at the present time.