Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver should be the target at mid season if that is the plan. They should be willing to give up a higher pick than anyone else. I could even see a 1st if they are thinking QB is the one thing holding them back from another Super Bowl.

Denver, Houston, Arizona, Minnesota are the first few that pop to mind when I think of playoff caliber rosters with either questionable QB play or injury prone QBs.

Hopefully Taylor can get back on the field soon to show he's healthy. If Peterman is gonna be thrown into the fire the Jets at home is the best case scenario.

I think they are hoping to showcase Tyrod the first half of the season and are waiting for a playoff contender to come down with an injured/underachieving QB.

And then trade him for more picks. Same deal with Shady if they're willing to deal with the dead money.

Showcase? He has two years of tape. What are they gonna showcase that the league already doesnt know about him?

McD just gave his presser. Did it sound like Peterman is starting Sunday to anyone else?

It did to me. Wednesday is decision day as that's when the offfensive game plan goes in.

If TT is still in protocol today, it seems like a stretch to say his noggin will be OK two days from now...

Greg Gabriel (@greggabe)

9/4/17, 10:58 AM

@SalSports @addthis Peterman will be the starter and hold on to the job

It did to me. Wednesday is decision day as that's when the offfensive game plan goes in.

If TT is still in protocol today, it seems like a stretch to say his noggin will be OK two days from now...

If you take him at his word (i am not sure i do) it seems like it is Petermans job for all 16 as at this point it should be. They are clearly playing for the future Edited by MAJBobby

Denver, Houston, Arizona, Minnesota are the first few that pop to mind when I think of playoff caliber rosters with either questionable QB play or injury prone QBs.

Hopefully Taylor can get back on the field soon to show he's healthy. If Peterman is gonna be thrown into the fire the Jets at home is the best case scenario.

Maybe Jacksonville? The AFC South is comically bad so if they're in reach of the division title they could part with a 2nd maybe. Houston would be a good one but I think they're just gonna stick with Watson and build around him. A mistake for them IMO but I don't see them as realistic trade partners.

I wouldn't mind Peterman starting against the Jets. They are so bad, it would be similar talent to what Peterman has seen in the preseason. If there is a question on Tyrod's head hold him out the extra week. If we can't beat the Jets with Peterman starting we aren't going to do make any noise this year anyways.

Maybe Jacksonville? The AFC South is comically bad so if they're in reach of the division title they could part with a 2nd maybe. Houston would be a good one but I think they're just gonna stick with Watson and build around him. A mistake for them IMO but I don't see them as realistic trade partners.

I wouldn't mind Peterman starting against the Jets. They are so bad, it would be similar talent to what Peterman has seen in the preseason. If there is a question on Tyrod's head hold him out the extra week. If we can't beat the Jets with Peterman starting we aren't going to do make any noise this year anyways.

Wrong. The Jets 1st team defense would present a challenge to Peterman.

I think they are hoping to showcase Tyrod the first half of the season and are waiting for a playoff contender to come down with an injured/underachieving QB.

And then trade him for more picks. Same deal with Shady if they're willing to deal with the dead money.

Why would the Bills be showcasing Tyrod? Everybody has seen the goods or lack thereof with 29 starts worth of film on him.

Pretty obvious nobody wants the guy or he would have been gone in the off season.

Either way Taylor should not see the Field again in a Bills uniform (pending peterman injury).

And no i dont think Peterman is the long term answer but dont know for sure 16 NFL games sure would be nice to help in that evaluation

Edited by MAJBobby

Greg Gabriel (@greggabe)

9/4/17, 10:58 AM

@SalSports @addthis Peterman will be the starter and hold on to the job

If you take him at his word (i am not sure i do) it seems like it is Petermans job for all 16 as at this point it should be. They are clearly playing for the future

Is that speculation about Peterman being the starter?

yes it would. They are going to stack the box against the run and take away many of the inside the hashmarks throws that he is used to forcing him to make throws outside his comfort zone.

I would expect him to have his struggles with hopefully enough success with a good defensive effort to win the game.

Is that speculation about Peterman being the starter?

yes

Their schemes would be new to him, their talent really will not be that much better than he has seen. There is a reason the Bills are favored by 9 even though no one knows who the starter will be. Vegas usually won't post a line if a QB's status is unknown but the Jets are really that bad.

Their schemes would be new to him, their talent really will not be that much better than he has seen. There is a reason the Bills are favored by 9 even though no one knows who the starter will be. Vegas usually won't post a line if a QB's status is unknown but the Jets are really that bad.

Laughable. The Jets' DL even with the departure of Richardson is still a talented group. It's their offense that is particularly bad.

Laughable. The Jets' DL even with the departure of Richardson is still a talented group. It's their offense that is particularly bad.

They are obviously better than a generic preseason defense, I am just saying if you're going to progress from preseason to real NFL games the 2017 Jets would be the first logical step. If Peterman didn't perform at least decently well, as he has in preseason, my opinion of him would go down somewhat.

Showcase? He has two years of tape. What are they gonna showcase that the league already doesnt know about him?

His health.

Concussions have derailed many players careers across many sports.

Why would the Bills be showcasing Tyrod? Everybody has seen the goods or lack thereof with 29 starts worth of film on him.

Pretty obvious nobody wants the guy or he would have been gone in the off season.

Showcase that he's healthy and in the right circumstances could play good enough football to take a team to the playoffs.

Doesn't turn the football over, helps improve the run game, good TD:INT ratio, etc. He's not great but neither is Sam Bradford and he landed Philly a 1st rounder. I think a team with a good roster and a ? at QB whether it be injury or performance would give up a 2nd for Taylor if he proves he's healthy. JMO

McD just gave his presser. Did it sound like Peterman is starting Sunday to anyone else?

Its a strong possibility that's for sure. It always was. Concussion protocol has no time frame. Players are ready to come back when they are ready. There is no standard heal time like say a broken bone or something.

McD was asked if NP would be ready to face a regular season defense after only going up against vanilla schemes (paraphrasing here) and MCD said oh yeah, Nate is ready.

Pretty much. But that $15M/year is a big sticking point.

Money doesn't mean jack squat. Pete Carrol started Wilson after paying Flynn a ton. Dak Prescott stole the job from a 25 million dollar man.

Tank or no tank, the Jets still have a very good front seven.

....survey the land....when guys like Smokin' Joe Webb, Kellen Clemons, Jimmy Pickle, etc are STILL drawing paychecks, why would this surprise you?.....BTW, our very own castoffs, EJ & Cardale BOTH made their respective final 53 rosters...

His health.

Concussions have derailed many players careers across many sports.

Showcase that he's healthy and in the right circumstances could play good enough football to take a team to the playoffs.

Doesn't turn the football over, helps improve the run game, good TD:INT ratio, etc. He's not great but neither is Sam Bradford and he landed Philly a 1st rounder. I think a team with a good roster and a ? at QB whether it be injury or performance would give up a 2nd for Taylor if he proves he's healthy. JMO

Its just his 1st concussion. And he would have to pass a physical anyway. Like a conditional pick is really all any team would pay anyway.

Its just his 1st concussion. And he would have to pass a physical anyway. Like a conditional pick is really all any team would pay anyway.

Depends on the situation. I remember a couple years ago the Cards were like 8-1 and then Palmer went down to a torn ACL.

No one thought Philly would get a 1st for Bradford. The Texans could have one of the best rosters in the league but are relying on Tom Savage and Watson.

Taylor's 2017 salary is low for a starting QB as well. New team would be on the hook for 7.5M IIRC (or less if pro-rated). This isn't like trying to trade Tony Romo's deal last year.

Who other than Buffalo the past 2 years has the right system for Tyrod? IMO, Nobody wants the guy, he's not a good QB. Teams aren't going to trade for bad QB.

Depends on the situation. I remember a couple years ago the Cards were like 8-1 and then Palmer went down to a torn ACL.

No one thought Philly would get a 1st for Bradford. The Texans could have one of the best rosters in the league but are relying on Tom Savage and Watson.

Taylor's 2017 salary is low for a starting QB as well. New team would be on the hook for 7.5M IIRC (or less if pro-rated). This isn't like trying to trade Tony Romo's deal last year.

They are not getting anything major maybe a 2nd at best. Maybe. A QB traded now will take weeks to learn the offense they are goijg into.

Who other than Buffalo the past 2 years has the right system for Tyrod? IMO, Nobody wants the guy, he's not a good QB. Teams aren't going to trade for bad QB.

Nobody wanted Cutler this offseason but an injury to Tannehill and boom, he got $10M from Miami.

Denver offered Tyrod more money than the Bills when he was a FA as well.

And I said the right circumstances, not system. A team with a good-great defense and wants to improve their running game and protect the football, Taylor can do that.

They are not getting anything major maybe a 2nd at best. Maybe. A QB traded now will take weeks to learn the offense they are goijg into.

With the lack of good back-up QBs in the league, I think a team with playoff aspiration would roll the dice with Taylor. Rather than last year when the Texans, Raiders, Bengals, and Dolphins were forced to start Connor Cook, Osweiler, Matt Moore, and AJ McCarron in the playoffs.

A 2nd round pick would be significant for this franchise.

Nobody wanted Cutler this offseason but an injury to Tannehill and boom, he got $10M from Miami.

Denver offered Tyrod more money than the Bills when he was a FA as well.

And I said the right circumstances, not system. A team with a good-great defense and wants to improve their running game and protect the football, Taylor can do that.

With the lack of good back-up QBs in the league, I think a team with playoff aspiration would roll the dice with Taylor. Rather than last year when the Texans, Raiders, Bengals, and Dolphins were forced to start Connor Cook, Osweiler, Matt Moore, and AJ McCarron in the playoffs.

A 2nd round pick would be significant for this franchise.

Link?

Link?

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-denver-broncos-tyrod-taylor-contract-111615

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN, it could have happened. The Broncos reportedly offered Taylor more money than the Bills did, but Taylor chose a chance to start in Buffalo over a richer contract. Clearly, it’s worked out for both the Bills and Taylor, but it’s fairly safe to say the Broncos would be grateful to have him as their backup quarterback right now.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/buffalo-bills-denver-broncos-tyrod-taylor-contract-111615

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN, it could have happened. The Broncos reportedly offered Taylor more money than the Bills did, but Taylor chose a chance to start in Buffalo over a richer contract. Clearly, it’s worked out for both the Bills and Taylor, but it’s fairly safe to say the Broncos would be grateful to have him as their backup quarterback right now.[/size]

I love it when guys bet on themselves.

He will probably look worse this year, so we should trade asap.

Jets win 6-3

According to Mike Rodak of ESPN, it could have happened. The Broncos reportedly offered Taylor more money than the Bills did, but Taylor chose a chance to start in Buffalo over a richer contract. Clearly, it’s worked out for both the Bills and Taylor, but it’s fairly safe to say the Broncos would be grateful to have him as their backup quarterback right now.[/size]

Geterdone!

Nice try, that was before he was a Bill in 2015. Still no proof of offers last offseason.

Actually there was a small window where the Bills didn't pick up Taylors option and Taylor renegotiated a new contract. Not sure how big that window was though.

No. Tyrod's original contract decision needed to be made by the 3rd day of the league year (March 12th). He restructured on March 8th.

I love it when guys bet on themselves.

Wouldn't betting on himself be going to Denver and duking it out with Lynch and Siemian for the QB job over having next to no competition in BUF? I get taking the lower $ amount is betting on oneself, but it seems the competition in. DEN was much greater. Maybe they told him he would have no shot to unseat Siemien , that he would backup him or Lynch.

Wouldn't betting on himself be going to Denver and duking it out with Lynch and Siemian for the QB job over having next to no competition in BUF? I get taking the lower $ amount is betting on oneself, but it seems the competition in. DEN was much greater. Maybe they told him he would have no shot to unseat Siemien , that he would backup him or Lynch.

I believe some guy named Peyton Manning was there, also...