Nate Peterman Love .. anyone vs. 2018 QB draft??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't have had time, I don't think, to get it to Thomas. He was crushed as he threw it to O'Leary.

Pressure dictated the underneath throw. He winds up to hit Thomas that is a strip sack or possbile int due to the hit. In most cases leave the all 22 to scouts and coaches.

Pressure dictated the underneath throw. He winds up to hit Thomas that is a strip sack or possbile int due to the hit. In most cases leave the all 22 to scouts and coaches.

And if he throws it immediately to Thomas, other defenders break off their coverage and converge on him, negating a big gain.

He should have. Thomas was uncovered from the snap.

don't embarrass yourself like this.

Stick to posting those likes you do so well.

Wouldn't have had time, I don't think, to get it to Thomas. He was crushed as he threw it to O'Leary.

is that the same as his comment about the

OTM pass to O'Leary 4 pages back?

don't embarrass yourself like this.

Stick to posting those likes you do so well.

is that the same as his comment about the

OTM pass to O'Leary 4 pages back?

How about you open your eyes. Thomas is immediately uncovered.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Admit it. You bring this up because TT is often criticized for it.

He had no time with the immediate blitz to do anything.

Nonsense. Stop defending Peterman like you're his mom. He simply didn't look Thomas' way.

The All-22 look clearly shows Thomas open in the flat well before any pressure arrives.

Nonsense. Stop defending Peterman like you're his mom. He simply didn't look Thomas' way.

The All-22 look clearly shows Thomas open in the flat well before any pressure arrives.

You'd like to hope that with more time comes the ability to recognize matchup advantages like that. Now, if this was year 7 and he still couldn't see the field then I'd be worried.

How about you open your eyes. Thomas is immediately uncovered.

You throw when the drop back is set and the receiver makes his break, you don't throw the second someone is deemed uncovered mid drop back or before a reciever makes his break.

You throw when the drop back is set and the receiver makes his break, you don't throw the second someone is deemed uncovered mid drop back or before a reciever makes his break.

You're not telling me anything I don't know. The route Thomas ran didn't take anymore time than that of O'Leary who started out on the left side of the formation before settling in the middle. Peterman just chose to go his way. Still a positive play.

I am his mother.

You'd like to hope that with more time comes the ability to recognize matchup advantages like that. Now, if this was year 7 and he still couldn't see the field then I'd be worried.

Exactly.

You're not telling me anything I don't know. The route Thomas ran didn't take anymore time than that of O'Leary who started out on the left side of the formation before settling in the middle. Peterman just chose to go his way. Still a positive play.

So why complain about it?

Had the pass to O'Leary missed we could all complain he missed he open guy.

Peterman had time for only one look, and if the play was designed for O'Leary that was his only option. No time for the second option. If the play was designed to go to Thomas, that's where the first look and pass would have gone.

Peterman had time for only one look, and if the play was designed for O'Leary that was his only option. No time for the second option. If the play was designed to go to Thomas, that's where the first look and pass would have gone.

I reviewed the play again and it appears to me from the All-22 view that he looked in the direction of Thomas 1st before deciding (for what ever reason) to throw to O'Leary.

Confirmed.

SaneConventionalGlassfrog.gif

I reviewed the play again and it appears to me from the All-22 view that he looked in the direction of Thomas 1st before deciding (for what ever reason) to throw to O'Leary.

Confirmed.

SaneConventionalGlassfrog.gif

Hard to tell if he truly looked at 82, because the LB who's looking at Peterman's eyes is immediately peeling off coverage of Thomas

He's seeing the same thing I am from Mahomes's preseason so far - he isn't close to ready to start. I would not feel good if I was a Chiefs fan. Fixing a QB's mechanics that are that far off is a pipe dream. Even if they do manage to instill new habits, old habits tend to resurface when under pressure. It was a bad pick and a worse trade for them IMO.

Guys. It's a single preseason play for a rookie. This isn't worth it. Don't understand why people go out of their way to trash players before they have a shot.

You mean the same way you trashed Mahomes?

You mean the same way you trashed Mahomes?

Mahomes plays for the Chiefs, I don't really care enough to give him extra patience. But breaking down a single preseason play, which is not even 100% the wrong play, is pretty ridiculous. Maybe in 3 years he's good enough to make the throw to Thomas there, maybe he never develops beyond what he is now. Couldn't tell you right now but breaking down one play is overkill.

Peterman looks right. The wr is covered. The linebacker and safety crash towards Thomas while Nate is in between his second and third step. As Our number 2 qb hits his drop with tons of pressure he throws a strike over the middle to a blanketed tight end that is immediately tackled for a first. I am confused as to why this is a negative.

Guys. It's a single preseason play for a rookie. This isn't worth it. Don't understand why people go out of their way to trash players before they have a shot.

Why? I can make a HUGE assumption.

Might be because TT is known for missing open receivers in numerous games. (and for no gain)

Me - I'll worry about Mahomes when he's starting against the Bills.

Why? I can make a HUGE assumption.

Might be because TT is known for missing open receivers in numerous games. (and for no gain) Me - I'll worry about Mahomes when he's starting against the Bills.

Silly assumption. Any assessment of Peterman is independent of what Taylor does or doesn't do.

I think Kizer has no long term future in the NFL. But hey if he shows a little something his rookie year I could see the Browns feeling comfortable trading down and selecting another QB in the 2nd or something like that. I bet there will be at least 2 teams in the top 4 who have no intention of selecting a QB.

There you go again. :lol:

Mahomes plays for the Chiefs, I don't really care enough to give him extra patience. But breaking down a single preseason play, which is not even 100% the wrong play, is pretty ridiculous. Maybe in 3 years he's good enough to make the throw to Thomas there, maybe he never develops beyond what he is now. Couldn't tell you right now but breaking down one play is overkill.

What do you think happens inside the Bills' QB room with the position coach? I guarantee you that they breakdown every snap with a critique of everything including his footwork, delivery, accuracy, decision making, and more.

People...

Pump the brakes on all this Peterman as the starter talk.

Right now, he's a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.2 while playing against backups in the preseason--yes, he produced 1 TD. Hooray.

For reference, last offseason, Cardale Jones was a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.1 while playing against backups in the preseasons--he also produced 1 TD.

I'll continue to say it: if Peterman can develop into a solid NFL backup QB, we should be very happy with that result stemming from a 5th round pick...but him seeing the field with the 1's during the regular season is quite terrifying at this point.

During regular season games I would like to have Peterman up in the booth with a coach to learn how to read defenses.

Give him time to develop not ruin him by throwing him into the fire too soon.

During regular season games I would like to have Peterman up in the booth with a coach to learn how to read defenses.

Not practical as the #2 QB. He has to be ready to enter the game at a moments notice.

Honestly, that would be ideal...if they had a backup that they trusted :lol:

Is he going to run down to the field quick and throw on his helmet if Tyrod gets hurt? :w00t:

Better yet - Install a Zip line.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........thump.

Ready coach..

Edited by PolishDave

Not practical as the #2 QB. He has to be ready to enter the game at a moments notice.

That's what Yates is for , I don't want to ruin Peterman he has good potential. I'm ok with getting a better draft pick if Yates is in.

If Taylor gets hurt the OL could be dangerous.

That's what Yates is for , I don't want to ruin Peterman he has good potential. I'm ok with getting a better draft pick if Yates is in.

Peterman will get playing time unless the Bills make the playoffs with Tyrod at QB.

Otherwise - Peterman might not get any playing time ever with the Bills - because if they don't make the playoffs (probably even if they did) the Bills are drafting a QB high in round 1 next year.

If Tyrod gets injured or is ineffective, then Peterman is going to play as the next guy in line as the #2. It's really that simple.

People...

Right now, he's a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.2 while playing against backups in the preseason--yes, he produced 1 TD. Hooray.

For reference, last offseason, Cardale Jones was a 50% passer with a YPA of 6.1 while playing against backups in the preseasons--he also produced 1 TD.

I'll continue to say it: if Peterman can develop into a solid NFL backup QB, we should be very happy with that result stemming from a 5th round pick...but him seeing the field with the 1's during the regular season is quite terrifying at this point.

I don't recall how Cardale did last year, but I noticed a lot of dropped passes with Peterman that would've pushed his percentage and touchdown total higher.

People...

Don't be surprised if by the last third of the season when the Bills are predictably out of playoff contention that HC will be replacing TT as a starter. It won't be because Peterman is an elite prospect but because the staff knows what they have in TT and they then want to get a more extensive view of Peterman and his capabilities. There might be a secondary not publicly acknowledged reason that they wouldn't be too upset in maintaining its better draft position.

There would not be anything sinister or inappropriate about playing younger players as the season winds down for non-playoff teams. It happens all the time. It is a smart approach to take when assessing what you have on the roster.