What if Tyrod emerges as a franchise QB?

Watkins101

We aren't taking about a QB like Goff who struggled his rookie season. Taylor played behind a super bowl winning QB for 4 years, he was a grape that was ready to be picked and made into a fine wine. He should've been good right out of the gates but he was and still is just average at passing the football.

I will be hoping for a Trade for AJ McCarron before the trade deadline and a high 1st rd pick rookie QB. Those 2 moves alone would keep me entertained this year and excited about next year.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I could be wrong, but I don't think TT will emerge as a franchise QB...even though it is early, he appears to have a hard time doing the basic things that our current offense requires...And I don't believe he is going to be able to acquire these abilities over night, if ever...I think that is a big reason the Bills gave him a pay cut- because they are leaning that way as well.

Edited by JaCrispy

If Taylor shows he's a franchise QB, we either keep him long term or trade him when his stock is the highest.

I don't think that the FO or Coaching Staff has that much faith in Taylor so I can see the latter.

What!?!?

IF, and it is a huuuuuge IF, Taylor "shows he's a franchise QB", he isn't going anywhere. Franchise QBs DON'T change teams unless they are yet to show it, or are in the twilight of their career. It just doesn't happen.

Its not likely. I think at best he will emerge as a guy that can get us a wildcard playoff game with a great team around him.

What!?!?

IF, and it is a huuuuuge IF, Taylor "shows he's a franchise QB", he isn't going anywhere. Franchise QBs DON'T change teams unless they are yet to show it, or are in the twilight of their career. It just doesn't happen.

Drew Brees is about the only one I can think of.

Its not likely. I think at best he will emerge as a guy that can get us a wildcard playoff game with a great team around him.

Drew Brees is about the only one I can think of.

Bree's was coming off a knee injury with only one good season under his belt.

Bree's was coming off a knee injury with only one good season under his belt.

Pretty sure both his last two years in SD were good seasons. I could be mistaken though. Yes, he really proved it in NO, but I still think he proved enough in SD.

Was it his knee or shoulder? I thought it was his shoulder for some reason.

What if Tyrod actually emerges and is good this year. What will we do with all that draft capital. If Tyrod does become that franchise qb, what are we going to do?

He won't so no worries about him. He is what he is pretty much.