Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is as simple as "does he have a better offer?" If not, he probably goes to the Bills. If he does, he will take the better offer. If he wants a little more money he may wait a couple of weeks into camp to see if a job opens up somewhere.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It is as simple as "does he have a better offer?" If not, he probably goes to the Bills. If he does, he will take the better offer. If he wants a little more money he may wait a couple of weeks into camp to see if a job opens up somewhere.

I'll only add that it was reported he "preferred" to play in Florida (or close to it) to be near his family. That really could be the deciding factor, and right now Anquan is talking to the Mrs. about how she'd feel.

I'll only add that it was reported he "preferred" to play in Florida (or close to it) to be near his family. That really could be the deciding factor, and right now Anquan is talking to the Mrs. about how she'd feel.

Bills need to start up a wife outreach program for prospective free agents. Maybe get Chad Michael Murray involved. Women love Chad Michael Murray.

We need ScottLaw to intervene and close the deal, all while making sure that Boldin isn't being "low-balled like Macin was."

:lol: nobody can "pony up" like armchair GM ScottLaw

Edited by eball

Certainly and that is a big part of the quality of the offer. It's not just money.

Miami is about an hour from his home, Tampa is 3.5 hours and Jacksonville is over 4 hours. Unless he gets on with Miami the family nor he would drive to Tampa or Jax. Would it really be that much more convenient if you're flying anyway?

No it doesn't! The Bills don't want to "pony up" and lowballed him!

If he has a contract demand for a pony he will wait a long time for offer.

We need ScottLaw to intervene and close the deal, all while making sure that Boldin isn't being "low-balled like Macin was."

ScottLaw is busy enough being in charge of torches and pitchforks.

Miami is about an hour from his home, Tampa is 3.5 hours and Jacksonville is over 4 hours. Unless he gets on with Miami the family nor he would drive to Tampa or Jax. Would it really be that much more convenient if you're flying anyway?

With the TSA nazis? yes. Any flight under 6 hours is not worth considering.

Almost a certainty that Harbaugh is gone with another playoff miss, so the sense of urgency should be through the roof, interesting to see how everyone responds & it all plays out.

and now Flacco could Miss up to 6 weeks of TC

@rapsheet

#Ravens QB Joe Flacco is preparing to miss 3-6 wks with a disc issue in his back. Out at least a week or 2, sources tell me & @TomPelissero.

and now Flacco could Miss up to 6 weeks of TC

@rapsheet

#Ravens QB Joe Flacco is preparing to miss 3-6 wks with a disc issue in his back. Out at least a week or 2, sources tell me & @TomPelissero.

How's that working out for you, Jeremy?

Boldin still mulling over Bills offer. Sounds like there's more at play than just money -

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/26/15976540/anquan-boldin-still-mulling-buffalo-bills-offer-2017-nfl-free-agency

“I’ve been talking to teams the entire offseason,” said Boldin, who will turn 37 in October. “They understand the way that I train, and the fact that I train at XPE, any team that I go to knows that when I come [into camp] I’m in top shape, and they don’t have to worry it.”

Working against the Bills are two things; location and pedigree. Boldin’s family is in Florida and he has expressed a desire to be closer to them. He also told The Florida Sun-Sentiel that he wanted to play for an established winner.

"I’m going into year 15 so the only thing on my mind is winning. I’ve earned enough money to take care of me, my family, and my kid’s kids,” said Boldin last week. “I’ve won a championship [with the Ravens]. I know how that feels so I want to a taste of it again. I want to line up with a team that’s in position to win right now.”

I'd love for him to sign here, but it doesn't sound all that promising if he wants an established winner.

Boldin still mulling over Bills offer. Sounds like there's more at play than just money -

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/7/26/15976540/anquan-boldin-still-mulling-buffalo-bills-offer-2017-nfl-free-agency

“I’ve been talking to teams the entire offseason,” said Boldin, who will turn 37 in October. “They understand the way that I train, and the fact that I train at XPE, any team that I go to knows that when I come [into camp] I’m in top shape, and they don’t have to worry it.”

Working against the Bills are two things; location and pedigree. Boldin’s family is in Florida and he has expressed a desire to be closer to them. He also told The Florida Sun-Sentiel that he wanted to play for an established winner.

"I’m going into year 15 so the only thing on my mind is winning. I’ve earned enough money to take care of me, my family, and my kid’s kids,” said Boldin last week. “I’ve won a championship [with the Ravens]. I know how that feels so I want to a taste of it again. I want to line up with a team that’s in position to win right now.”

I'd love for him to sign here, but it doesn't sound all that promising if he wants an established winner.

Thanks for this. The quotes are from a Florida Sun Sentinel article written before his visit to the Bills.....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/fl-sp-nfl-anquan-boldin-20170718-story.html

Would love to have him on this team for so many reasons....

If you are "usually right when it comes to this team," as you claim, then, why aren't you working with the Pegulas to turn the team around?

This makes no sense unless the Bills have made the playoffs recently, and no one knows about it. Of course, sadly, he has been right.

This makes no sense unless the Bills have made the playoffs recently, and no one knows about it. Of course, sadly, he has been right.

@ChrisBrownBills: Major breaking news out of #OneBillsDrive - Brandon Beane and Joe Schoen are OUT. @AdamSchefter is reporting that the Pegulas will hire #TwoBillsDrive members @ScottLaw and @JM2009 as GM and AGM, respectively. Changes are effective immediately. Stay tuned to BuffaloBills.com for more details. #Fan Populist Movement

Edited by Buffalo Bills Detective

Well we are out lol

CBF

@ChrisBrownBills: Major breaking news out of #OneBillsDrive - Brandon Beane and Joe Schoen are OUT. @AdamSchefter is reporting that the Pegulas will hire #TwoBillsDrive members @ScottLaw and @JM2009 as GM and AGM, respectively. Changes are effective immediately. Stay tuned to BuffaloBills.com for more details. #Fan Populist Movement

#FAKENEWS and #FAKEBRAIN