The last Bills Packers game

I really think we were the best team in football that year and you guys took it to us especially on defense. You guys made Rodgers look bad that day. Im ready for the season to get here. It should be exciting. The next Bills Packers game will be in February for the Superbowl.

I really think we were the best team in football that year and you guys took it to us especially on defense. You guys made Rodgers look bad that day. Im ready for the season to get here. It should be exciting. The next Bills Packers game will be in February for the Superbowl.

Sounds wonderful, but I'd be shocked if the Bills are SB contenders this season.

I can get on board with 50% of that sentiment.

I'm pretty sure it will be in Green Bay during the '18 season, but I appreciate the optimism.

I'm wondering how much the outcome of that game changes if Jordy Nelson doesn't drop that wide open pass, it probably would have resulted in a TD.

In fact, Rodgers receivers were doing him no favours that game.

I think it changes a lot. The Packers game of 2014 has reached almost mythical proportions in these parts. I don't believe that it is justified. The Pack looked completely disinterested in playing that game. Super Bowl contenders all lay a couple eggs each season. It's a long season, good teams tend to overlook average teams from time to time. I view that game as the Packers overlooking their opponent. For the Packers to be successful everything needs to click. When the receivers fail to perform their role the teams fails. That is what really happened on that rainy Buffalo day.

I can get on board with 50% of that sentiment.

County me in on this logic

I'm wondering how much the outcome of that game changes if Jordy Nelson doesn't drop that wide open pass, it probably would have resulted in a TD.

I couldn't remember this game until you noted that and now I remember it plain as day. Recievers were no help to Rogers that day. Nelson was wide open

Didn't you say the same thing last year? lol

Regardless I like the way you think ice. See you guys in Feb!

You're too kind. What did GB do to fix the sieve like run defense and get arod more WR talent?

By the way that isn't snark I happen to really enjoy watching the packers play. I just can't figure out why gb doesn't get a stud WR. Cobb just misses on the plays you need him to make too often. Nelson isn't a RAC threat, and Adams seems inconsistent. Fair or off?

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Williams would've tackled him after the catch.

Kyle? Mario??

He'd have had a looong way to run, for sure, but he was behind/in front of every defender when the ball arrived.. Fun game! We wrote that game off in our quest for a playoff game -then won it and laid an egg in Oakland.. Typical Bills..

Kyle? Mario??

He'd have had a looong way to run, for sure, but he was behind/in front of every defender when the ball arrived.. Fun game! We wrote that game off in our quest for a playoff game -then won it and laid an egg in Oakland.. Typical Bills..

i think he's referring to Aaron. As I recall, he had an angle.

Bills defense dominated that game and they deserved to win. No "luck" involved imo

Ice, I liked GB's draft a lot and Rodgers is still great. But I don't think that D is good enough to be a SB contender. We will see!

i think he's referring to Aaron. As I recall, he had an angle.

Bills defense dominated that game and they deserved to win. No "luck" involved imo

Ice, I liked GB's draft a lot and Rodgers is still great. But I don't think that D is good enough to be a SB contender. We will see!

post-13907-0-61750500-1498052699_thumb.png

I wouldn't say he had an angle, when the ball went off Nelson's hands A. Williams was about even with Nelson and about 6 yards away (picture for reference). We will never know but it's possible Nelson could have run away from him in a foot race, he had the room. Btw, Corey Graham completely blew the coverage on that play and A. Williams had to come all the way over from the other safety position.

Your lips to God's ears :)

Pretty sure Gilmore also dropped a pick six in the same quarter (maybe even the same drive?). No need to cherry pick one play to diminish one of our better wins in the 17 years of crap.

Out of many teams we dont mind losing to you guys. Lots of love for you guys. I still hate losing though and had we won that game maybe we could have avoided the debacle in Seattle. Oh man that was awful but still I always hope for the best for the Bills.

You're too kind. What did GB do to fix the sieve like run defense and get arod more WR talent?

By the way that isn't snark I happen to really enjoy watching the packers play. I just can't figure out why gb doesn't get a stud WR. Cobb just misses on the plays you need him to make too often. Nelson isn't a RAC threat, and Adams seems inconsistent. Fair or off?

We got a WR Deangelo Yancey from Purdue in the draft and Malchi Dupre WR from LSU. We drafted three running backs as well. You know much about these two guys or any of you Bills fans ever hear of them?

Pretty sure Gilmore also dropped a pick six in the same quarter (maybe even the same drive?). No need to cherry pick one play to diminish one of our better wins in the 17 years of crap.

He did. I jumped up and then crumpled back down after he bobbled it.

That game is one of my all time favorite Bills memories. I watched it with my soon-to-be son-in-law, in a sports bar in Waikiki Beach at 7:00am Honolulu time. A great Bills win to start off my daughter's wedding day! (We each a Moco Loco...look it up.) Mahalo!

That game is one of my all time favorite Bills memories. I watched it with my soon-to-be son-in-law, in a sports bar in Waikiki Beach at 7:00am Honolulu time. A great Bills win to start off my daughter's wedding day! (We each a Moco Loco...look it up.) Mahalo!

no spam musubi?

i like your attitude.

Jordy did break up a pick-6 by the skin of his teeth...

Rodgers receivers were spooked that day because Gilmore hit them early. We pressed, we got physical and we hit them in the mouth. Up front and on the backend. People talk about the Nelson drop but if Green Bay won that day it would have been totally undeserved. The Bills physically battered them. We were set up at that point to beat finesse teams... witness a similar destruction of Luck and the Colts on Rex's first day in situ. The crazy thing is under the Bully Builder we went from that to a bunch of kitty cats who allowed three 200 yard rushers in a single season (I think it was 4 times in history before 2016).

....that was an anamoly IMO Ice......the REAL Rodgers was sitting at 4-6 and saying, "we could win out " and doing just that.....Bflo is a long way off, BUT the assembly of a formidable Admin/FO and coaching staff even though McD is a greenhorn as a HC is certainly promising.....I'd say (at least on paper) this young gun 40's gang from top to bottom could be the best since Polian era....stay tuned.....