• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys who have a good chance to be cut:

QB Yates

P Schmidt

WR Butler

Guys who won't likely be cut:

LB Alexander - Still very effective as a PR and ST demon.

DT Washington - Young, talented, DT depth is poor.

LB P. Brown - Young, talented, LB depth is poor.

DE Hughes - Too good, DE depth is very poor.

You realize that a lot will depend upon the philosophy that Beane/McD take when it comes time to determine the final roster. Will they try to win in 2017 or will they try to go young and try to create max. cap space for next year??

If they add a few more players at key positions they could be a nice surprise team in 2017. if not, they could end up going the "tank it" route.

If they go the "tank it" route then clearly guys like QB Yates and DT K. Williams and even TE Clay could be released to create cap space for next year.

We have been saying that about the Meatball ever year for some time now....

He truly is special

Kyle will have a big role of the defense. McDermott played a major role in his return in '17. He'll definitely be a Bill this season.

Kyle will have a big role of the defense. McDermott played a major role in his return in '17. He'll definitely be a Bill this season.

I thought the goal was to pick one we'd be surprised by? 🤔

TE- O'Leary, or POSSIBLY even Clay, though that cap number might make that less likely... one of these cuts could be improved in likelihood with addition of Barnridge and/or emergence of Logan Thomas.

Clay- that's good one too.!

TE- O'Leary, or POSSIBLY even Clay, though that cap number might make that less likely... one of these cuts could be improved in likelihood with addition of Barnridge and/or emergence of Logan Thomas.

I think Clay is safe, as he is an asset to the running as much as he is to the passing game. I like O'Leary and was happy when we drafted him, but, I've read and seen tweets about grumblings from the coaching staff about not being happy with the current state of the Tight Ends.

I can't see any cut that would qualify as a "surprise" forthcoming. Preston Brown won't be cut because we need the depth, and at WR I can't see any of the cuts that may happen as surprises. I'd go with C. Jones--but that's not really a surprise per se.

Ok, enough ruining the fun. I'll go with one: Charles Clay.

I can't see any cut that would qualify as a "surprise" forthcoming. Preston Brown won't be cut because we need the depth, and at WR I can't see any of the cuts that may happen as surprises. I'd go with C. Jones--but that's not really a surprise per se.

Ok, enough ruining the fun. I'll go with one: Charles Clay.

I would say Clay is unlikely since we would be incredibly thin at TE and it would be a $4.5 million dead cap hit.