Who is your surprise cut?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it happens either but I also don't think in a fair competition that it is such a sure thing. I think Yates will move the ball consistently. Tyrod will make plays with his legs but between the tackles can he stand in the pocket and deliver the ball 45 times a game? West coast offense is timing based. 1, 2, 3, throw. Not 1, 2, 3, pump, run around, point, throw. Let's see how the preseason goes

Yates is AWFUL. He will be on the street if released. Taylor has 47 TDs and 12 INTs in the last 29 games. I'm closer to Yates than Yates is to a starting role in the NFL. There isn't a competition at every position because there aren't guys to compete (QB, RB, LT, DT, DE). Edited by Kirby Jackson

Taylor would be the surprise-- but how much? Remember, there was a debate about moving on before he was brought back with a team-friendly deal. If he doesn't show any signs of improving in TC, who knows? They may decide to go with Yates and the young guys, while viewing film of the 2018 QB class.

I strongly doubt it, of course-- especially with the Dennison connection.

Cardale Jones.

It would be a surprise if he made it.

I don't think it happens either but I also don't think in a fair competition that it is such a sure thing. I think Yates will move the ball consistently. Tyrod will make plays with his legs but between the tackles can he stand in the pocket and deliver the ball 45 times a game? West coast offense is timing based. 1, 2, 3, throw. Not 1, 2, 3, pump, run around, point, throw. Let's see how the preseason goes

No. But then again Drew Brees led the league last year with 42 attempts per game, so it seems like an odd milestone to shoot for. Also, of the teams led by QBs in the top 5 of attempts only 1 had a winning record (Combined record of 35-45).

No. But then again Drew Brees led the league last year with 42 attempts per game, so it seems like an odd milestone to shoot for. Also, of the teams led by QBs in the top 5 of attempts only 1 had a winning record (Combined record of 35-45).

We don't need TT to throw the ball 40 times every week. Just when we're down and need a GWD or a victory in a shootout.

We don't need TT to throw the ball 40 times every week. Just when we're down and need a GWD or a victory in a shootout.

What we really need is less shootouts. The Bills lost 6 games last year scoring 24+'points. The rest of the AFC playoff teams combined for 5. Thanks Rex

I don't think they'll cut someone with trade value

or someone with value in general? I get the whole "surprise" theme but unless I'm missing something why would they cut a very good starter in an area where we have no depth and we don't need the cap space? That would be far more than surprising it would be ridiculous. Jmo Edited by YoloinOhio

Why would it sting? 4th round pick who's never shown anything. No one would care.

Exactly. I'd love to see CJones pan out.... but if he doesn't show any significant improvement / signs that he can make it in this league, then he needs to get off this team.

There's only like 4 players that could get cut for significant savings. Kyle, Preston, and a couple others. So out of those, the biggest surprise would be Kyle, but he'd also save us the most money (not that I think that's an issue). Personally, I'd go with Preston or Schmidt, but either of them being cut isn't really a surprise. So, I guess by default... Kyle?

There's only like 4 players that could get cut for significant savings. Kyle, Preston, and a couple others. So out of those, the biggest surprise would be Kyle, but he'd also save us the most money (not that I think that's an issue). Personally, I'd go with Preston or Schmidt, but either of them being cut isn't really a surprise. So, I guess by default... Kyle?

how much would we save by cutting Preston? He's on a rookie deal. I would very surprised if he was cut. I would not be surprised if he wasn't given an extension prior to FA but see no reason to cut him.