Maclin or Decker? (If you could choose)

I agree , if Sammy and Jones stay healthy the offence should be good. Roll over that cap space to next season.

Does unused CAP space roll over? Or we just assuming these guys would get multi-year deals?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding Macklin or Decker would greatly improve the WR corps and the offense overall.

Maclin stretches the field better. Decker is a bigger target and probably better in the red zone. He is more of a possession guy. Z. Jones will be our new possession guy.

I would add either one, but I believe that Maclin is the better overall player because he can stretch the field and would come cheaper. He has ties to McCoy, McD, and the Bills' WR coach.

Give the Bills WR Maclin and TE Barnidge and the Bills could have the best offense in the AFC.

Top offensive players would then include:

QB Taylor

RB McCoy/Tolbert

FB DiMarco

TE Barnidge/Clay

WR Watkins/Maclin/Z. Jones/Holmes.

That is some serious offensive talent.

Adding Macklin or Decker would greatly improve the WR corps and the offense overall.

Maclin stretches the field better. Decker is a bigger target and probably better in the red zone. He is more of a possession guy. Z. Jones will be our new possession guy.

I would add either one, but I believe that Maclin is the better overall player because he can stretch the field and would come cheaper. He has ties to McCoy, McD, and the Bills' WR coach.

Give the Bills WR Maclin and TE Barnidge and the Bills could have the best offense in the AFC.

Top offensive players would then include:

QB Taylor

RB McCoy/Tolbert

FB DiMarco

TE Barnidge/Clay

WR Watkins/Maclin/Z. Jones/Holmes.

That is some serious offensive talent.

his tie is actually to our QB coach, not our WR coach :thumbsup:

Maclin due to health for sure...

I really, really liked Decker at 100%...But coming off hip and shoulder surgery at 30?

I'd lean Maclin, but if I knew 100% they would both be healthy I'd take either in a heartbeat...

I would never give up anything (trade) for Decker though... B-)

Id rather they not sign anyone who will help them to struggle less @ winning 6-7 games this season.

So no one.

Play who you got. Take your medicine. In 2018 get serious.

If that was the case a full purge should have been done. Not half measures to make sure the team was competitive. Do what the Jets did and purge the roster of high priced veterans.

McDermott clearly believes he can win with this group. He thinks he can turn around the defense which would put the team on the cusp of a wild card spot. The margin of error between 7-9 and 9-7 or 10-6 is small. If this team can stay healthy and show discipline we have a chance. Mentally this team has always been weak and collapsed anytime there was any struggles. Changing the culture of losing is the hardest task McDermott is going to face and we will see if he is up to the task.

Edited by billieve420

Maclin as he can be an above average #2 and at times a pseudo number 1 if Sammy gets hurt again. Toss in he's more proven. As I'd love to sign Maclin to a two or three incentive laden year contract as give us some insurance if we were to lose Sammy and/or allow Zay Jones to develop naturally and not force him to become a number 1 WR if he never becomes one.

Edited by The Jokeman

Fans are still in win npw mode. What guys can get us into the playoffs now, but the FO isnt thinking that way.

They want to break it down, build their team then be competitive year in and year out.

At this point, I doubt we sign any of them

i think it means we sign the youngest one

I'd rather that than Decker as well. I don't think Decker is a real difference maker. Maclin is though - he makes this offense so much more dangerous he might push you into playoff contention.

Steven Tyler says: "Dream on! Dream on! ..."

Either would be a good addition. Can never have enough speed but Sammy consistently gets deep. Decker, at 6-3, would be a bigger target. Look what Fitz did with him and Marshall against the Bills' corners last season.

It's surprising that with all of the big receivers in the NFL right now that there aren't many 6-3 corners to cover them.

If Decker is healthy I think he fits what we need better. I think Maclin is more of a #1 guy where Decker is clearly a #2 and flourishes in that role. Decker also has the bigger frame of the two. I think he, Watkins, and Jones would make for a better trio for Taylor with what Taylor does on the field.

We need a number 1 cuz our "number 1" is never on the field- until he proves otherwise its Maclin all the way.

We need a number 1 cuz our "number 1" is never on the field- until he proves otherwise its Maclin all the way.

Sammy has been on the field for 77% of his career games. Never is 0%. A more accurate way to put it would be "our number 1 is only on the field for just over 3/4ths of the games."