Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Doc--to be honest I worry about Shady being a deterrent here....he's a player (no definition needed) and she may believe Shady would be a bad influence on Jeremy if they were together...just thinking out loud.....

:lol:

Taylor may have a positive influence.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc--to be honest I worry about Shady being a deterrent here....he's a player (no definition needed) and she may believe Shady would be a bad influence on Jeremy if they were together...just thinking out loud.....

:lol:

That could be a possibility or that Maclin's wife could be more comfortable knowing shady and all his family and friends. Plus, shady is a superstar in this league, having a player whom is top 5 or even top 3 at his respectable position going out and trying to recruit talent to sign here is always a good thing.

As a housewarming gift, my in laws got me a propane grill. I used it, because it waa convenient but last memorial day I needed to take out my old weber tailgate grill. The smell of that smoke and what it did to the food was amazing.

i bought a propane grill and was disappointed with the temperature. I want my grill to go to 11, and it only went up to about 8 1/2. So, I took out the heat plates, laid in a steel mesh, and covered it in lava rocks. Now that SOB goes to about 15. Another unintended upside to that was that the lava rocks collect all the grease, and fat, and crap that falls off the food, and it cooks better with age.

As I understand it, the Ravens have too thin a cap space to comfortably afford Maclin, right?I'd be pretty happy if we signed him or Decker. But, I think maybe there is instant team chemistry with Maclin.

Edited by Rocky Landing

If the Bills want him, they'll get him. They have a lot more money than Baltimore. I certainly hope we pull the trigger. I'd love to see Kim Pegula make a call to Mrs. Maclin if she has that much influence in her husbands decision.

I think that's one thing that people don't realize. The wife is AT LEAST as important as the money in the decision making process. They are people first.

Hopefully, she likes Shady. He was in their wedding and presumably one of his best friends. Let's hope that he isn't he friend that the wife wants him to stay away from.

lol. She would also need to hang out with Shady's girlfriend a lot, the one from Real Housewives of Atl. If she hates her that could be a factor. Women can be catty like that.

lol. She would also need to hang out with Shady's girlfriend a lot, the one from Real Housewives of Atl. If she hates her that could be a factor. Women can be catty like that.

The flipside, I could also see her on the yacht with Kim in Boca for some wives only getaways....the Bills can win the wife battle I think...

Hopefully, she likes Shady. He was in their wedding and presumably one of his best friends. Let's hope that he isn't he friend that the wife wants him to stay away from.

I can't imagine why a wife might not want him hanging out with shady! I mean, he's been such a quiet and responsible guy on the social side!

I think that's one thing that people don't realize. The wife is AT LEAST as important as the money in the decision making process. They are people first.

Yup- and he's got enough that I have to think that a few hundred thousand that he might not see anyway (especially if we are sticklers with guarantees) isn't nearly as important as a happy home.

Yardwork, homemade black bean humus, chips, Sharp cheddar, white wine, Sgt. Pepper 50th Anniversary Deluxe.

Replace humus with some homemade pico d'gayo and that sounds like my day! And of course Sam Adams instead of wine, but hey, we all have different tastes😉

Making chicken and potatoes tonight.

I do diced up chicken (cut into small pieces) and cooked in Italian dressing in a frying pan on top of the stove.

Then my favorite part, the potatoes...

I slice the ends off the potato and then cut them into thin, roughly 1/8th to 1/4 inch slices (depending on how thick and/or crispy you want them to get), so they kind of look like potato chips.

Then takes the sliced potatoes and dip them into olive oil to coat them (or whatever oil you want, I guess). Then lay them on a baking sheets. I put tin foil down on the baking sheet first, more/less to make clean up easier and to keep the potatoes from sticking.

Then you take a mixing container, add about 2 cups of SEASONED bread crumbs (have to be the seasoned ones, otherwise you need to add a lot more stuff) and mix them with roughly 1 cup of Parmesan cheese.

Sprinkle garlic powder and a little pepper on the potatoes that are spread out on the baking pan (after dipping/coating in olive oil). Then sprinkle/coat in the bread crumbs/Parmesan mix. I lightly cover the potatoes in it, but I don't go too heavy.

Then bake at 350-ish until done to your liking (I like mine a bit crispy, but others don't) and just as they're about done, pull them out of oven and sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese over the potatoes, stick back in the oven for a few minutes to melt and Eat! Mmmmm. Good stuff.