Jeremy Maclin (Agrees to 2 year deal with Ravens)

Josh Allen sucks.

Interesting because I have read a few articles that call him a more NFL ready version of Patrick Mahomes. Guys saying he has the same kind of arm strength, but less of the mechanical flaws.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs are so well run they just had to fire their cap guy. They are so well run they had to cut a WR they signed to a massive contract 2 years ago just so they could sign their 2017 rookie class. You are aware they have had to teach Mahomes how to call plays in the huddle, because he's never done it and at this point, even his own QB coach admits he can't read defenses? Get out of here that he's a better QB at this point, he's 3rd on the Chiefs depth chart.

You doing know being a fan of the Bills is a choice, right? You don't have to spend your free time posting on a Bills forum if what you really want to do is be a fan of the Chiefs.

They have their own forum:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Good post. I'm sorry, but our new Resident Crusader won't be responding for a while..

#Jeffismagicintimeout

Jeff,

You have got to learn how to qualify statements.

Your global declarations regarding the HC's coaching style, performance, approach to team-building, and game management philosophy are heretofore entirely unfounded. The guy has not presided over a single game as a HC yet.

Is it too much to hope that you wait for a scintilla of evidence before you makes leaps and bounds toward preset conclusions?

I almost said something similar because it's getting old.

To take it a step further, "a 201 yard a game passer" on pass attempts a game. The fewest in the league at 29.06. The league average for pass attempts per game is 35.73. If you apply the average number of pass attempts all of a sudden he's a "247 yard a game passer" and we aren't having this stupid conversation.

If you want to say "that's not good enough" I'm cool with that. I'm just over the contextless, simpleton application of stats. It's getting tiresome hearing "the guy that threw it 35 times had more passing yards than the guy that through 29."

It's the same thing with the Watkins argument. What does he do when the ball comes his way? Nobody is stupid enough to look at total yards and say whether a guy is good or bad. Why bother using that to try to justify their point? Cameron Meredith had more yards a game than Dez Bryant and Deandre Hopkins last year so now he's better I guess.

I talk to Bills fans off this board and no one expects much from that pick. Chiefs are 41 and 20 when ALEX SMITH starts. If he gets injured an even more talented QB plays. They are coached by a brilliant coach. They have smart ownership and a GM from the Green Bay tree. This is how to run an NFL team,

The Bills are run by the Pegullibles. They are up there for most incompetent ownership groups.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/08/patrick-mahomes-exactly-where-he-should-be-in-development/

Mahomes is a project. If you believe he can step right in and play better than Alex Smith you are definitely a lost soul, blinded by the homer within. Just because he has what they call "arm talent" by no means makes him ready to play. He's not ready and I still think he isn't going to be anything special in this league. I know, I know, a completely blasphemous statement to you, but you know where I'll be if he proves me wrong. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

This thread has gone way off track.

EJ Manuel will throw for 3500 yds this year and we will regret not giving him an extension.

In an attempt to re-rail the thread, let's say Maclin becomes a Bill. With 23* FB's on the roster and a steep WR price paid for 2nd Rounder Zay Jones, what will the offense look like? I've read where Dennison/McD like 2 TE's as well.

At this early stage, it seems we'll give away our intent just by the personnel groupings in the game at the time.. Mac, Sammy & Zay? 6DB's. 2TE's & a FB? 5 DB's and run stuffer MLB. 2 WR's, 1 TE & a FB & RB? Base D.

No?

In an attempt to re-rail the thread, let's say Maclin becomes a Bill. With 23* FB's on the roster and a steep WR price paid for 2nd Rounder Zay Jones, what will the offense look like? I've read where Dennison/McD like 2 TE's as well.

At this early stage, it seems we'll give away our intent just by the personnel groupings in the game at the time.. Mac, Sammy & Zay? 6DB's. 2TE's & a FB? 5 DB's and run stuffer MLB. 2 WR's, 1 TE & a FB & RB? Base D.

No?

What the hell does this have to do with the issue at hand? Answer the question: Which oil is best for chicken wings? Vegetable or peanut oil?

No?

They only have 2 FB's on the rostet: DiMarco and Tolbert ( And they hardly paid a steep price for Jones, giving up a late 3rd but getting back an early 5th rounder.

As for what will they do if they get Maclin, assuming Dennison is on board with getting him and was on board with drafting Jones, I doubt they sit either of them to play an extra TE very often.

They only have 2 FB's on the rostet: DiMarco and Tolbert ( And they hardly paid a steep price for Jones, giving up a late 3rd but getting back an early 5th rounder.

As for what will they do if they get Maclin, assuming Dennison is on board with getting him and was on board with drafting Jones, I doubt they sit either of them to play an extra TE very often.

they said Tolbert will play RB. So only one FB.

EJ Manuel will throw for 3500 yds this year and we will regret not giving him an extension.

Doubt it. I think JP will get to his first practice at Clemson, flash talent like when Dennis Quaid pitched for that HS team in that movie, get encouraged by the Clemson players, get a call from NE after Brady goes down with Spiral Vaginitis and you know the rest. UGH.

60% of snaps - 11 personnel

22% of snaps - 21 personnel

8% of snaps - 22 personnel

8% of snaps - 10 personnel

2 % of snaps - other

Now can we get back to the weekend menu???

Are you talking about your anticipated formation mix for this year ..... or the number of players Rex had on the field last year?