Who else is all in on this new way of doing things?

Why does anyone have to be all in on anything? Just sit back and see what happens. Don't assume failure or success. Just watch. So far it looks competent, except for the trading Sammy part.

....cautiously optimistic then?............

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it love it LOVE IT! Thoroughly delighted to see Ralph's trash leave town or become rendered irrelevant.

Now if things aren't any better after 3 years and the new regime isn't given the boot, I will not be happy at all. Until then, I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts.

Edited by Rico

I got exactly what I wanted this offseason. I'll never forget the child on Christmas Eve-type giddiness I felt when it was reported that Pegula had asked Whaley & the scouts to come in for a meeting the next morning. And then Santa delivered! I don't know if we'll make the playoffs this season, and somehow, I'm ok with that. For the first time in 10+ years, I'm actually excited about the future of this franchise.

I see lots of threads griping about this or that and I am curious who, along with me, loves what the Bills are doing? I love the new approach, I have wanted this for well over a decade.

Clean house and bring in a fresh new HC with a background of working with successful HC's on his way up and in successful programs. A GM who shares his vision. Cleaning out the old way of scouting and whatnot and bringing in new, experienced, talent to pretty much scrap what we have done for dozens of years now.

HC, GM etc doing an honest, 3rd party per say, evaluation of the talent on this team with NO Ties what so ever. They have clear systems, they know the types of overall football players they want AND who will fit their system. They aren't going to sit here and wait years on "potential" either you can and will perform or you are gone. That is how it should be.

I love everything that is going on at OBD these days and the direction they are going and don't care who they cut, trade or whatever to get their team that they want. This is very long past due.

For the first time as long as I can remember, I finally have some legit hope this team will finally turn around. Anyone else with me in this?

I'm with you. I just don't take it as deathly serious as some do. I want to win ...badly...but I guess my older,wiser self realizes what I do has nothing to do with the Bills winning or losing. So I just have to support the organization and hope for the best. This crew has basically cleaned house and I'm optimistic they are doing the right things. :thumbsup:

We're just fans, lifelong fans, we really have no choice but to be 'all-in'

Look I hated the Rex hiring from day one, never thought we could succeed with him, especially after both firing Schwartz and rejigging a D that didn;t need to be re-jigged, but I was still cheering for us to win as many games as possible under Ryan, and you especially learn how to put aside your negative opinions when you are winning games just a easily as you can turn it back on on why your team never should have hired the clown in the first place when you are losing...

And I love the new hirings, in theory, and so yes if we go out and win 10-11 plus games this seasons, there will be no detractors, cleary Pegs will have won over win fans, media, pundits, and skeptics, because winning cures all

On the other hand if we go out and only win 6 games this season, its gonna be fascinating to see who rabidly defends only winning 6 games as still going in the right direction, lol, or who defends some of this years off season moves, which if you only win 6 games clearly didn't work, and or improve the on field talent, detractors will emerge, as they should, same thing applies if we only win 6 this season and say only 6-8 again in 2018

Because at the end of the day you can cheerlead all ya want, and post pretty things about the changes Pegs have made, but if you don't start winning 9-11 games plus a season, or minimum one season, than the totality of the moves didn't actually amount to much

We will just be having the same conversation we were having about Rex and DW this past Dec in say Jan 2019 about whether HC Sean and GM Beane deserve a 3rd year together, just saying...

jc

BINGO!! After 40+ years of suffering through Bills football I feel the same. I keep re-creating 1990-1994 in my head to suffer through all the other years of misery this team has brought. I actually do have hope for the new regime. They seem to play the brand of football I can follow. I see some similarities to Marv and Polian's philosophy on the type of player they want, so I want to Billieve, but until they prove it on the field, it's all talk.

Even though Marv had a losing record in KC, there was something about the Polian/Levy combination that inspired hope in a lot of us fans. There seemed to be a plan, and a will to get it done.

I confess I feel a bit of that now. Usually I have reservations about the GM, or the HC, or both, and/or the chemistry between them. This year so far, I'm feeling pretty good about our new GM/HC combo and the staff they've hired.

But ask me again in December.

Edited by hondo in seattle

So far it's encouraging but as I've seen in work life moving in a new direction is always hailed as progress and the right thing to do until the losses start piling up. However, I do get the feeling this time ownership got it right.

My way of looking at it is the Ryan/Whaley regime had a ceiling of 9 wins if everything breaks their way.

For the new group to be successful they need to put enough improvements in place for management, coaching, player procurement, and performance to bring that ceiling up to 12 wins over the course of the next 3 seasons. And importantly, keep it there into the future.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

I am all in for the tailgating. Bills are a bonus.

Other than paying for tickets, I have no money invested in the Bills. I LIKE IT A LOT BET WHEN WE WIN.

I really just come to Buffalo to tailgate in the best parking lot in Orchard Park.

Nothing like the Tailgating at HAMMER'S LOT.

The BILLS will always be my team.

GO BILLS

Edited by mead107

Love it love it LOVE IT! Thoroughly delighted to see Ralph's trash leave town or become rendered irrelevant.

Now if things aren't any better after 3 years and the new regime isn't given the boot, I will not be happy at all. Until then, I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts.

If Rico is happy im happy

I'm pretty much numb to the whole situation, with a slight annoyance at the all the talk about doing things the right way from people who have yet to accomplish anything in their current roles, that goes from owner on down.

All the talk in the world doesn't change a thing, I guess I'll have to wait till they show me things are different and not just the culture, without success on the field it's just a different way of losing.

I got exactly what I wanted this offseason. I'll never forget the child on Christmas Eve-type giddiness I felt when it was reported that Pegula had asked Whaley & the scouts to come in for a meeting the next morning. And then Santa delivered! I don't know if we'll make the playoffs this season, and somehow, I'm ok with that. For the first time in 10+ years, I'm actually excited about the future of this franchise.

My Christmas came when Rex got fired...it was all I could do to hold back tears of joy...And it's been one feel good story after another...fingers crossed.

Largest bills purge I have seen that starts all the way at the top........

If its a new clown car I am in the backseat..... :)

AWESOME!

I think patience will tell the story here.

The method is fresh and invigorating.

Methinks the team should be judged on how they finish a game, win or lose. How they adjust during the game, and are all the horses pulling in the same direction At least for this season.

No need to wait for the games to judge what they have done up to this point, with the exception of players performances.

I agree that the direction appears to be headed in a different one than years passed and finally feels like there is some structure behind it. The last 15 years have appeared to be so aimlessly​ directed, IMO. Now it seems as though everyone is on the same page from top to bottom and it doesn't feel like lip service when I hear it this time around.

To have that optimism, for me personally, is coming from the moves that the Buffalo Bills have made as an organization during the offseason. To this point, McD and Beans have done an excellent job at bringing in new members, several which were lateral, to assemble a respected staff.

I think to judge them to this point is fair, just not to judge them about aspects that can't be determined until the players​ play the game. So far though, I am very pleased with the results and would like to think that they will continue when the season begins. This all just my opinion of course.

nice post !

Whaley and Marrone were young up-and-comers. Play the hindsight game all you want, but I'm just saying.

This is about the new owners finally getting their own FO. That's what this is. I like it so far.

Is it possible this feature has been sorely overlooked?

I agree 110% on this is the first time El Pegulas have filled the room as wished.

Bold and the correct move.

Is this the correct grouping?

Well these folks sure say the right things for my ears

Edited by 3rdand12