Game of Thrones: Season 7

/dev/null

Sansa to Brienne

It's a long way to Kings Landing. If you want to make it on time, you should hurry.

They should tell us the imp's magic powers to be standing on a beach one minute, then in a castle elsewhere the next and then standing there watching the dragons attack in a third location in 10 minutes.

Her Dotraki guard(s) are also there all the time too.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sansa to Brienne

It's a long way to Kings Landing. If you want to make it on time, you should hurry.

Her Dotraki guard(s) are also there all the time too.

It's fantasy, all prophecies have to come true and they can upend any major plot development in a microsecond to save time to rush to a finish.

only the Night king can raise a person.

Also, The Night King can read/knows what BRAN is thinking, kinda like Harry and Voldemort.....they are connected........for I won't spoil that for anyone.

The night king knew the dragons were coming that is why they were chains there to drag it out........think about it.....

They are always burning bodies because people get raised at random, not just when he ups his hands in the vicinity.

So why not just kill a guy and leave him outside. Tie a bell around his neck and pick him up once raised.

I'm talking about Brann looking at his family and knowing that Littlefinger is up to destroying his sisters. Seems like he could just let 'em know. I know he's Mr. Unaffected these days but what else is he up to the last few weeks.

They are always burning bodies because people get raised at random, not just when he ups his hands in the vicinity.

So why not just kill a guy and leave him outside. Tie a bell around his neck and pick him up once raised.

I'm talking about Brann looking at his family and knowing that Littlefinger is up to destroying his sisters. Seems like he could just let 'em know. I know he's Mr. Unaffected these days but what else is he up to the last few weeks.

They are always burning bodies because people get raised by the Night King or his captains.

This isn't The Walking Dead where you get bit you turn, you die you turn.

They are always burning bodies because people get raised by the Night King or his captains.

Gotcha.

I wonder if this season's flaws are due to them getting further from the books and Martin's detailed vision. This week's episode was the first one I've ever thought was terrible.

'Game of Thrones' Director Reacts to Fan Criticism of Season 7 Pacing: 'They're Just Torturing Themselves'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/apos-game-thrones-apos-director-191737691.html

“You’ve got a [dragon] that’s bigger than a [boeing] 747 [plane] with seven people riding on its back, and you’re worried about the speed of a raven being believable. OK, obviously, we’re not doing our jobs correctly for you, but it seems to be working for a lot of other people.”

Gotcha.

I wonder if this season's flaws are due to them getting further from the books and Martin's detailed vision. This week's episode was the first one I've ever thought was terrible.

Ya I don't know, but I agree I can't remember an episode I had so many problems with. I'm not going to overreact, but I hated the entire mission in general. They already knew wights don't travel individually. The entire premise was ridiculous. I said earlier, feel like they wrote themselves towards a desired conclusion that they couldn't figure out how to get to.

It doesn't matter that it's fantasy.

Edited by Rockpile233

'Game of Thrones' Director Reacts to Fan Criticism of Season 7 Pacing: 'They're Just Torturing Themselves'

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/apos-game-thrones-apos-director-191737691.html

“You’ve got a [dragon] that’s bigger than a [boeing] 747 [plane] with seven people riding on its back, and you’re worried about the speed of a raven being believable. OK, obviously, we’re not doing our jobs correctly for you, but it seems to be working for a lot of other people.”

First of all, I doubt those dragons are bigger than a 747. They certainly don't weigh as much. Secondly, as someone pointed out earlier, the whole point of fantasy is the temporary suspension of plausible disbelief and an incoherent timeline in which to frame the action ruins that. That's not a very smart comment from the director.

being believable??

There are Dragons and walking dead, and people want believable?

Bringing Jon back from the dead made me cringe, then I see some dude has come back 6 times, so it's no biggy.

I guess he's pirate enough to take out the evil Greyjoy uncle.

being believable??

There are Dragons and walking dead, and people want believable?

Even though it's a fantasy the laws of physics in that world should still exist. Humans, ships, and ravens still should still only be able to travel at a certain pace. They did a good job of that imo in the first 6 seasons so all we're asking for is consistency.

Even though it's a fantasy the laws of physics in that world should still exist. Humans, ships, and ravens still should still only be able to travel at a certain pace. They did a good job of that imo in the first 6 seasons so all we're asking for is consistency.

Bah humbug. 😉

We are all "suffering" because they are rushing through the show and are 3 episodes short of a full season.

I don't like it but such is life.

When do Jon and Danny get it on???

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

First of all, I doubt those dragons are bigger than a 747. They certainly don't weigh as much. Secondly, as someone pointed out earlier, the whole point of fantasy is the temporary suspension of plausible disbelief and an incoherent timeline in which to frame the action ruins that. That's not a very smart comment from the director.

He's under fire all over the place for the holes in his episode. Maybe the first time a GOT director has been roasted like this since the Sansa/Bolton debacle (though that was put on the showrunners rather than the director), so I think he's playing defense without really thinking it through.

Taylor's a good director though, he's done some of the better Thrones eps (not to mention the Sopranos) so I am willing to forgive his response - which I agree with you is really kind'a silly.

He's under fire all over the place for the holes in his episode. Maybe the first time a GOT director has been roasted like this since the Sansa/Bolton debacle (though that was put on the showrunners rather than the director), so I think he's playing defense without really thinking it through.

Taylor's a good director though, he's done some of the better Thrones eps (not to mention the Sopranos) so I am willing to forgive his response - which I agree with you is really kind'a silly.

I mean if these were African ravens I could maybe understand, but the airspeed velocity of even an unladen European raven...it doesn't add up.

Not really. I was more upset about Wilson floating away in Cast Away. Probably because she still has two dragons left and that particular dragon was named after her moronic brother who Khal Drogo killed in season 1.

Your missing the point....the dragons are dany's CHILDREN and she thinks of them as such as she cannot have any.

Even the dragons were crying when their brother died.

DRAGONS ARE PEOPLE TOO DAMMIT

Wouldnt shock me at all if Dany just pulled her dragons if there was chance she might lose them now and just use her armies.

What people should be asking is why didnt John Snow redirect Dany to have her dragons attack the main box ice guy.....given that several of the undead just fell when the took out one of the higher ups.

I really hope this is going to be used in future combat strategy...it might save a lot of lives.

Your missing the point....the dragons are dany's CHILDREN and she thinks of them as such as she cannot have any.

Wouldnt shock me at all if Dany just pulled her dragons if there was chance she might lose them now and just use her armies.

What people should be asking is why didnt John Snow redirect Dany to have her dragons attack the main box ice guy.....given that several of the undead just fell when the took out one of the higher ups.

I really hope this is going to be used in future combat strategy...it might save a lot of lives.

You can't kill the big bad too easily or it's a chicken little story.

I got the point and felt bad for Dany to lose one of her CGI burning people alive for sport dragons, but I was way more upset when I found out Boldin retiring right after watching.

I got the point and felt bad for Dany to lose one of her CGI burning people alive for sport dragons, but I was way more upset when I found out Boldin retiring right after watching.

What? You must have missed the scene in episode 5 where Bran predicted it

Ya I don't know, but I agree I can't remember an episode I had so many problems with. I'm not going to overreact, but I hated the entire mission in general. They already knew wights don't travel individually. The entire premise was ridiculous. I said earlier, feel like they wrote themselves towards a desired conclusion that they couldn't figure out how to get to.

It doesn't matter that it's fantasy.

Unless I'm wrong, I also seem to remember that they have a couple wights stored away in the ice cells at castle black. The ones that tried to kill Mormont.

So what time does GOT air in Hawaii???

8 hours of not hearing stuff from 9PM eastern must be difficult.

I honestly don't know. I watch these things on demand. I have HBO go. I actually just watched the episode finally today and didn't hear a thing about it beforehand. I just exercise restraint when it comes to clicking and he thinks having to do with GOT. Unlike me responding to the threads having to do with Taylor :flirt:

I haven't really decided how I feel about the direction of GOT this season. Feels like a really mainstream approach. Everything feels too predictable. And I'll reserve judgment when the season ends, but I wonder if it's because of the fact that the script writers and not George RR Martin are now essentially in control of the story.

We'll see. Still entertaining.

No. Just no. Don't even post the darn link.

Fun exercise in restraint. Who has it? 0:)

But the sisters may be plotting together against LF by pretending to hate each other. Still no reason at all for such a reckless attempt to catch a walker, so that Cersei might be impressed???

Let's hope so...

Edited by transplantbillsfan

I feel like they knew they (show writers) wanted the Night King to kill/raise a dragon and then had to work towards that outcome. The mission felt a little contrived and ridiculous.

Yes. Upsetting.

What I got is Westeros is the size of Vermont and Gendry can pretty much outrun a horse.

Yup.

What the hell is going on?!

All the Hound had to say was "we've been here two days and I want some bloody chicken" after Gendry made it to the wall and most of my criticism would've been forgiven. The reason the timeline matters to me is they were very good with it over the first five or so seasons and I like consistency in a show. Some of the best relationships and character development happened over the first 4 or so seasons (Jaime-Brienne, Arya-The Hound, Dany-Jorah, Arya-Gendry-Hot Pie, Brienne-Pod, Jon-Ygritte, Sansa-Littlefinger, Varys-Tyrion) while they were traveling from one place to the other.

I think one of the problems is the show producers have is they don't have as many story lines to work with so they feel they have to take liberties with the speed of travel and assumed we wouldn't care unless they delivered the goods. I agree in that they're rushing it. They could have easily made ten episodes this year. More dialogue between the action would be fine with me as I often find the dialogue more compelling. My favorite scenes in the series were scenes like Oberyn talking to Tyrion in the black cells when he agreed to fight the Mountain, Arya and Tywin conversations at Harrenhal, and Jaime talking to Brienne in the bath about how he became the Kingslayer. The writing and acting sparkled in scenes like this.

I want more of that.

Agreed. It's the sign of script writers working off source material (Martin's books) vs generating it on their own with very little direction from the creator.

Bah humbug. 😉

We are all "suffering" because they are rushing through the show and are 3 episodes short of a full season.

I don't like it but such is life.

When do Jon and Danny get it on???

But why?!

Why are they rushing? Are they actually 3 episodes short or was this amount the plan?

GOT is probably HBO's biggest money maker... why not put out 3 more episodes?

Gotta spend money to make money. And an episode of GoT doesn't run cheap with all the CGI, special effects, stunt work, and not to mention the ensemble cast has some hefty contracts

Why are they rushing? Are they actually 3 episodes short or was this amount the plan?

10 episode per seasons before this season.

The last season might only be 6 episodes.

They could provide more "boring" episodes to stretch out the timeline. Spend tome on the main characters than bringing Nimeria back for 2 minutes 1 episode?

Is this foretelling Nimeria's pack will aid the men?

And where the hell is Ghost?

10 episode per seasons before this season.

The last season might only be 6 episodes.

They could provide more "boring" episodes to stretch out the timeline. Spend tome on the main characters than bringing Nimeria back for 2 minutes 1 episode?

Is this foretelling Nimeria's pack will aid the men?

And where the hell is Ghost?

technically these 7 episodes and the next 6 are actually the same season. Same book.

GOT is already the most expensive show in the history of television. Yes it's the most popular as well, however you have to account for all the people that don't pay for HBO. With things like the fire stick and other streaming options, it's not like HBO is making money off every fan that watches.

I'm positive Nimera will be back. The wolves and Dragons are both equally important and vital to the story line.

I also wonder where Ghost has been.

technically these 7 episodes and the next 6 are actually the same season. Same book.

GOT is already the most expensive show in the history of television. Yes it's the most popular as well, however you have to account for all the people that don't pay for HBO. With things like the fire stick and other streaming options, it's not like HBO is making money off every fan that watches.

I'm positive Nimera will be back. The wolves and Dragons are both equally important and vital to the story line.

Ghost hasn't been in the show because the wolf CGI is too expensive to do for very little plot importance versus the dragon CGI.

That's why Bran's wolf died in 5 seconds, Rickon's off screen, and Nymeria got 1 scene in 6 seasons.

The wolves are done.

I'm really looking forward to the final episode of the season to see Jon, Dani, Cersei, Tyrion, Jaime, the Hound and Mountain, et al all in the same scene for the first time. I'm sure we'll get some "closure" with Little finger too. It seems pretty clear the season will end with the Night King on his dragon approaching the Wall.

While I doubt there will ever be another show quite like this, I have to say I will temper my expectations for the final season based on this last episode (6). While I enjoyed many things about it, it marked a transition for me from GoT focused on the machinations of the 7 kingdoms, which is what made the show, to the fantasy/zombie element. Again, I'm sure I will enjoy the final season, but it will be more focused on the fantasy element rather than the personalities. While there has to be some closure with Cersei and Jon when he finds out his true identity, especially how that will impact his relationship with Dani, next season will mainly be about defeating the Night King.

One thing I will do different as I wait for the final season is stay clear of all of the rumor articles. Given my thirst for GoT news while waiting for season 7, I read a few articles about the "leaks" posted on Reddit, and many were dead on. I prefer to go into the final season without that information. It's going to be a long winter...

Their profits grow each year though because they see a surge in both HBO subscriptions and the HBO Now app prior to each season. They then can get attached to other HBO shows so most keep the service even after seasons end. They put huge money into the show, but are getting even more of a reward. There's concern that once the show is over they'll be nothing to fill that void so they're already in preliminary plans to developing GoT spin off shows. I think money only played a small factor in them condensing the season to 7 episodes.

I just think the show producers are feeling more pressure to make each episode wow the audience each episode even if it means defying the laws of physics. Given the ratings, it's working. I just hope this show doesn't unravel towards the end like Lost did.

Not trying to be pedantic, just pointing out some things:

GOT is no longer the most expensive show on TV. Netflix has two shows with bigger budgets coming out this year. It's also not even close to the most popular show in TV history (cable can't compete numbers wise with network TV's heyday) - Seinfeld's finale drew 76m (and wasn't the most watched show in history), the best GOT has ever drawn was 16.1m on this year's premier which was a record breaker for HBO.

Ghost had a scene in this season before Jon left for Dragonstone, but it was cut for time. He's still around, he'll be back next season I'm certain.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

A few reviews I read bemoan that they see the names in the credits and it spoils the return for them, as it did for Gendry. Anyone on here so into it that they would recognize the actor playing Gendry by the credits at the start of the show?

A few reviews I read bemoan that they see the names in the credits and it spoils the return for them, as it did for Gendry. Anyone on here so into it that they would recognize the actor playing Gendry by the credits at the start of the show?

Not me. I don't even know some of their character names...I called Tyrion 'that little dude' for 3 seasons.

I do, but I've gotten in the habit over the years of reading all the credits because it helps to know those names in my world, particularly the writers/directors of episodes. I'm a credit nerd.

which is technically 1 completed book away from being written and 5 years from release