Whaley goes out with class. Buffalo Media...not so much.

Blast the organization? He embarrassed the organization for the better part of his tenure. From disagreements with coaches, media mishaps, lieing about players injuries or not fully understanding the severity of them. CK was red

Flagged by multiple teams. Etc.

What was he supposed to do? The clown was going to stand at the podium and claim the circus sucks? He is going to have a hard enough time finding a position which pays anything close to what he was making. He did all he could do, save face.

This post should embarrass you. You just don't get class.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blast the organization? He embarrassed the organization for the better part of his tenure. From disagreements with coaches, media mishaps, lieing about players injuries or not fully understanding the severity of them. CK was red

Flagged by multiple teams. Etc.

What was he supposed to do? The clown was going to stand at the podium and claim the circus sucks? He is going to have a hard enough time finding a position which pays anything close to what he was making. He did all he could do, save face.

If you were embarrassed by him it's your problem. He was fired and instead of lashing out acknowledged what he could have done better and did not disparage the organization but was positive about them. That is a little something called class.

More so he handled the interview with class and integrity compared to the b news and rex.

He could have ripped apart the organization but took the high road.

Gotta respect him for that at least regardless of what he did here.

Who exactly is he going to rip apart? He was the organization. He did a lousy job and TBN is spot-on for reporting he did a lousy job.

If you were embarrassed by him it's your problem. He was fired and instead of lashing out acknowledged what he could have done better and did not disparage the organization but was positive about them. That is a little something called class.

If I'm embarrassed by him where did I say that?

I think you're mistaken class for what would have been career suicide. If he went up there and blasted his former employer his stock would have plummeted further around the league.

If I'm embarrassed by him where did I say that?

I think you're mistaken class for what would have been career suicide. If he went up there and blasted his former employer his stock would have plummeted further around the league.

The organization certainly wasn't embarrassed. And I understand class.

This post should embarrass you. You just don't get class.

It's not class. He has a professional job and he acted like one on his way out the door. The media owes him nothing, those some hacks that always get flamed on this board still have their job. Whaley does not, he didn't do his job well enough. It is their job to report on it.

I don't see the confusion and I certainly don't see the need to be critical of anyone but Whaley himself. When you reach a position of power such as a GM you control your own fate. Many folks don't ever get that experience and there is no need to applaud a PROFFESIONAL for being PROFFESIONAL, which is all he did.

The organization certainly wasn't embarrassed. And I understand class.

Oh really? Explain why Pegula ran to JW shortly after Whaley's presser to try and clarify things.

Who exactly is he going to rip apart? He was the organization. He did a lousy job and TBN is spot-on for reporting he did a lousy job.

As they have done for most of his tenure while he was here but had to take one more shot at him after he had left for what reason?

I won't pretend I know anything about what happened while he was there but I do know that it was reported he wanted someone other than rex as the hc. Forget who it was now.

It's not class. He has a professional job and he acted like one on his way out the door. The media owes him nothing, those some hacks that always get flamed on this board still have their job. Whaley does not, he didn't do his job well enough. It is their job to report on it.

I don't see the confusion and I certainly don't see the need to be critical of anyone but Whaley himself. When you reach a position of power such as a GM you control your own fate. Many folks don't ever get that experience and there is no need to applaud a PROFFESIONAL for being PROFFESIONAL, which is all he did.

Oh really? Explain why Pegula ran to JW shortly after Whaley's presser to try and clarify things.

I'll give you the press conference. Whaley was never a great public speaker. But the organization was not embarrassed at what he did to try and make the Bills a winner. They decided he did not do a good enough job.

And yes reporters should report. And they reported Whaley got fired several weeks ago. To jump on the guy after giving an interview in which he did not denigrate the organization is not reporting. It's piling on.

Some people like to dance on graves.

Saw Doug on my way out the door Saturday night at Curly's in Lackawanna. Doug was at the bar with a couple of other guys and I over heard him say "F@#K THE BILLS!" I wish I could I stayed a while longer to hear what he had to say. I was surprised to see him in the Buffalo area still.

While Doug didn't bash the Bills to the media, he definitely has bad feelings towards the organization.

Yes it is. All so-called professionals don't behave this way. Rex acted like the classless buffoon he is on the way out.

Edited by horned dogs

Saw Doug on my way out the door Saturday night at Curly's in Lackawanna. Doug was at the bar with a couple of other guys and I over heard him say "F@#K THE BILLS!" I wish I could I stayed a while longer to hear what he had to say. I was surprised to see him in the Buffalo area still.

While Doug didn't bash the Bills to the media, he definitely has bad feelings towards the organization.

i saw him out once on the rooftop at Tappo last year. He was very low key. I don't doubt your story at all but it doesn't seem like him to be shouting obscenities in Lackawanna. But if he had a few and was blowing off some steam I get it. Edited by YoloinOhio

Life long Bills fan. I do not know Doug Whaley. I live 600 miles from from Buffalo now. Prob won't run into him in a bar. His interview the other day was very well handled and showed alot of class. Today I see article #3 bashing him still. What morons we have in the Buffalo media. Move on. Plenty of blame to go around

You're right. Fans can bash him. But not the media. Because after all, they're the media.

And giving their opinion in columns isn't their job. Oh, wait ...

I'll give you the press conference. Whaley was never a great public speaker. But the organization was not embarrassed at what he did to try and make the Bills a winner. They decided he did not do a good enough job.

And yes reporters should report. And they reported Whaley got fired several weeks ago. To jump on the guy after giving an interview in which he did not denigrate the organization is not reporting. It's piling on.

Some people like to dance on graves.

They pointed out that he didn't denigrate the organization.

But having now listened, I'm in total agreement that the interview was a showcase of the exact qualities that caused him to fail as a GM. Now, only now after his years of tough experience he figured out he should have a plan to get a QB? Good grief.

He always seemed like a good guy. But GMs will get criticized, particularly GMs who don't bring their teams toward quality.

The Buffalo media is way too negative about everything. The media just needs to be a little more balanced in their coverage. The sky is not always falling.

They cover a team that has sucked for how many years. At OBD, yeah, the sky is always falling. At least pretty much since Jim Kelly retired it is.

Edited by Thurman#1

Buffalo sports writers are the very worst.

Their childish behaviour toward the end of last season was totally embarrassing.

The fact that Vic Carruci was actually praised on this board a couple weeks ago almost made me hurl.

You're right. Fans can bash him. But not the media. Because after all, they're the media.

And giving their opinion in columns isn't their job. Oh, wait ...

They pointed out that he didn't denigrate the organization.

But having now listened, I'm in total agreement that the interview was a showcase of the exact qualities that caused him to fail as a GM. Now, only now after his years of tough experience he figured out he should have a plan to get a QB? Good grief.

He always seemed like a good guy. But GMs will get criticized, particularly GMs who don't bring their teams toward quality.

They cover a team that has sucked for how many years. At OBD, yeah, the sky is always falling. At least pretty much since Jim Kelly retired it is.

So you' re telling us that a media that is negative at all times toward the Bills organization is just doing its job. Got it. They are almost all lazy hacks in the Buffalo media.

Whaley had a ska key foundation to build his vision of a winning team upon. That being said forementioned in prior threads, he did well when bringing the talent level up and finding gems in other teams trash. His problem was not getting a franchise qb, which do not grow on trees.

Do I believe that Doug Whaley had a sub par record here? Yes.

Do I think that he walked away with more class than some people, despite some personal feelings of anger?

Also yes.

Do I think that the journalism of TBN sports has taken such a swan dive to think they would rip him for areticle traffix....

AHAHAHAHA OF COURSE

Yes, they still have their jobs. I'm sure when they were aspiring journalists they had their hearts set on being writers for the Buffalo News for decades. Meanwhile Tyler Dunne is moving up in the media world. He wrote insightful articles and was awarded with a better job. These guys write the same crap every day. We've read the same Whaley article in the BN for 3 years now. Same article over and over with different titles. And they will will continue to write for the BN until they get fired or die. Why? Because the BN only cares about clicks. And hate gets clicks in today world. No other publication is trying to hire these hacks.