Whaley goes out with class. Buffalo Media...not so much.

his kids will never hear that. He won't be living in buffalo and no one outside of the BN or this message board will ever utter those words. Your overreaction is laughable. If you'd pass up millions because of this, you're a much bigger buffoon than he is, and it's not even close. Your kids won't read it anywhere so it's ok

You;re kidding, right? He lived in Buffalo.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pay millions to ensure my kids never hear that their father, role model, and caregiver is an incompetent buffoon and a joke all over the TV and radio.

Maybe millions are worth that to other men.

So Doug Whaley has made a career in the NFL with the Steelers and Bills ... has made millions of dollars ... and somehow you see this as a failure.

Interesting.

So Doug Whaley has made a career in the NFL with the Steelers and Bills ... has made millions of dollars ... and somehow you see this as a failure.

Interesting.

I'm saying that there's more to success than millions made.

I'd be shocked if you taught your children that making lots of money was the only thing that mattered in their life. But some folks struggle with implications.

I'd pay millions to ensure my kids never hear that their father, role model, and caregiver is an incompetent buffoon and a joke all over the TV and radio.

Maybe millions are worth that to other men.

The hate is strong in this one it's pretty clear that this is personal for you. I would say I wonder why but I actually don't. At the end of the day, he got paid great money to do a job on a team that you are a fan of and possibly pay money to see. When your in a position like that there will be people who approve of you and people who dont but you come across as obsessed and the level of negativity that comes from you daily says a lot about the person you are and the life that you and YOUR family must have dealing with you. He made the Buffalo News look stupid by cutting off their access because of their constant negativity and this their lame attempt at payback but just as in your case it says more about them than it does about a long gone ex-GM who still has you deep in your feelings. The only people who make comments like this are people who never seen anything close to a million and never will.

The hate is strong in this one it's pretty clear that this is personal for you. I would say I wonder why but I actually don't. At the end of the day, he got paid great money to do a job on a team that you are a fan of and possibly pay money to see. When your in a position like that there will be people who approve of you and people who dont but you come across as obsessed and the level of negativity that comes from you daily says a lot about the person you are and the life that you and YOUR family must have dealing with you. He made the Buffalo News look stupid by cutting off their access because of their constant negativity and this their lame attempt at payback but just as in your case it says more about them than it does about a long gone ex-GM who still has you deep in your feelings. The only people who make comments like this are people who never seen anything close to a million and never will.

Talk about getting personal.

Bizarro.

Also, a "long-gone ex GM?" He was fired a month ago, and gave an exit interview earlier this week.

Bizarro.

Edited by jmc12290

I'm saying that there's more to success than millions made.

I'd be shocked if you taught your children that making lots of money was the only thing that mattered in their life. But some folks struggle with implications.

Whaley is known as having one of the best scouting minds in the league.

Did he do well as a GM? Overall, I'd have to say no.

However, he did pull of some great moves and he was instrumental in building one hell of a defense.

He took chances and he fell flat a few times. It happens to most GMs.

As far as a life lesson? I guess I'd say it's better to regret something you did, than something you didn't do.

If my son ever accomplished what Doug Whaley has, you bet your ass I'd be proud of him.

Here's to hoping Pegula gets it right and we can start building on a foundation of competence and quality in the years rolling forward.

The same old same old around here is pretty freaking boring, and depressing.

You;re kidding, right? He lived in Buffalo.

You said it yourself, "lived". I can't confirm, but everything I've seen said his kid/s are very young. I doubt they're reading the BN or TBD. I doubt they will be reading BN archives either. They know him as dad and they will judge him on that, not what some select media portrays him as.

However, he did pull of some great moves and he was instrumental in building one hell of a defense.

As far as a life lesson? I guess I'd say it's better to regret something you did, than something you didn't do.

If my son ever accomplished what Doug Whaley has, you bet your ass I'd be proud of him.

.....in spite of a patchwork FO/Administration/Coachless staff since his arrival, he did the best he could in a less than desirable state of disarray...........he'll land somewhere just fine if he so chooses after two years of "paid" vacation.....

Talk about shifting the goal posts. Now it's not all about the "millions."

Talk about shifting the goal posts. Now it's not all about the "millions."

He became a general manager of a billion dollar company.....and you consider him a failure. In order to become a GM, one must be successful in his previous job. He wasn't a successful GM. I'd hardly consider his career a failure. #delusional

He became a general manager of a billion dollar company.....and you consider him a failure. In order to become a GM, one must be successful in his previous job. He wasn't a successful GM. I'd hardly consider his career a failure. #delusional

Excellent post!