Polian told by Bills exec Dareus must 'Ship up or Ship out"

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. But his struggle seemed to start when his brother was killed the year after he was drafted.

It was a great pick at the time and he was great from the start.

exactly. That said, his off the field issues should be behind him. I expect him to dominate this year.

Cranky old "Get off my lawn" Bill Polian flapping his lips...again. "Why, back in my day..."

Back in my day he built a superbowl team so yeah...he can say what he wants.

Or you know...Kyle Williams. Lunch pail guy, light skinned...lots of talent. I wouldn't mind having a team full of Kyle Williams.

I am thinking our Front office and Coaching staff agrees. I mean wow, a team of hard working, focused guys that just get stuff done? What a concept!

NFL needs to cut the BS and just make it 16 games for the next suspension. He already had a 1 game, then a 4 game. A player shouldn't need anymore of a wake up call than that.

Then the 4th time is lifetime with no chance of coming back.

Years ago I heard an interview with Marcel, in which he stated that Nick Saban controlled every minute of his life, and would have to "lighten up" if he was in the pros. It's purely conjecture on my part, but Marcel almost seemed a tad resentful of Coach Saban. That said, I don't remember him getting into trouble at Alabama.

My point? I think that Dareus has proven to be lacking in discipline and impulse control. People like this often get into serious trouble, whether or not they are pleasant, nice people, and Dareus seems like a nice enough kid. I believe that he needs to play for a strict disciplinarian type of coach. He seems like the kind of kid who needs to be afraid of reprisals to stop him from screwing up.

Let's face it, when you put 100 million or so in the pocket of a young, poverty stricken, impulsive kid, it isn't going to be easy to keep him from acting out.

I truly hope that he straightens himself out because again, he seems like a nice guy and when he is focused, he is an excellent player.

Years ago I heard an interview with Marcel, in which he stated that Nick Saban controlled every minute of his life, and would have to "lighten up" if he was in the pros. It's purely conjecture on my part, but Marcel almost seemed a tad resentful of Coach Saban. That said, I don't remember him getting into trouble at Alabama.

My point? I think that Dareus has proven to be lacking in discipline and impulse control. People like this often get into serious trouble, whether or not they are pleasant, nice people, and Dareus seems like a nice enough kid. I believe that he needs to play for a strict disciplinarian type of coach. He seems like the kind of kid who needs to be afraid of reprisals to stop him from screwing up.

Let's face it, when you put 100 million or so in the pocket of a young, poverty stricken, impulsive kid, it isn't going to be easy to keep him from acting out.

I truly hope that he straightens himself out because again, he seems like a nice guy and when he is focused, he is an excellent player.

He has a very good structure around him now with this coaching staff, in particular the DL coach. I expect him to thrive, not get "shipped out."

He has a very good structure around him now with this coaching staff, in particular the DL coach.

I sure hope so, but Waufle is hardly a reserved and relaxed coach, I don't think his style will translate with everyone.

I think some players could see him as a huge prick. The drill sergeant routine may fall on deaf ears.

He couldn't do anything in the modern NFL, dealing with salary caps, etc. The game passed Bill by. But they do let him yap on TV.

The hindsight with Watkins and Beckham is ridiculous. At the time Beckham was seen as being overdrafted

Pre draft....

NFL

Lacks elite top-end speed to separate vertically. Could stand to polish the finer points of his route running. Inconsistent making contested grabs -- can be out-muscled in a crowd.

CBS

Lacks elite speed and can be caught from behind by NFL DBs. Timid at times over the middle.

Seriously, who writes this stuff? My goodness, could they have been more wrong? You could make a case that he is the most explosive downfield threat in the game right now.

Or you know...Kyle Williams. Lunch pail guy, light skinned...lots of talent. I wouldn't mind having a team full of Kyle Williams.

don't these guys eat in the cafetaria with food provided by the team or does Williams bring lunch from home?

That hurts. Anyone who thinks Dareus is in the same universe as those guys is delusional. He was a bad pick and an example of the perils of drafting for need.

Wow, talk about hindsight.

Dareus was the best D-Lineman in the draft, and that's what the Bills needed.

No one could have predicted what would happen in his personal life.

He's an outstanding player on defense who for the last two years was asked to play NT, a position he was not meant to play.

Yes, he's an idiot for getting himself suspended, and he needs to change his attitude, but he is arguably the best player the Bills have on defense.

Cranky old "Get off my lawn" Bill Polian flapping his lips...again. "Why, back in my day..."

Well Bill P is not wrong is he?

For sure................teamS

with his dead money hits i cant see him off this team anytime soon honestly. I doubt he puts it together either just from rumors you hear around the town of hamburg but hey you never know. He doesnt sound like a bad guy just cant give up a plant for millions of dollars.

Beane is really smart. He won't take a cap hit that is the equivalent of about 4 quality players in 2018. He knows we are married to Dareus for this season and next. If I were the Bills, I would explore doing what the Texas Rangers and Cincinnati Reds did with Josh Hamilton -- invest in a 24/7 sponsor that Marcel trusts. It turned Josh around (temporarily at least).

I know that Marcel has been reaching out more and more to mentors the last year. There was the article about conversations with Bruce Smith during the suspension. There are others...Bama football is a built-in support network...I think this can only be good.

@TBNSports

"Keep it simple" is a good rallying cry for the #Bills' 2017 defense, @jayskurski writes: http://bit.ly/2qGR3jT
DAbolxEXcAAdAxj.jpg

Let's hope Dareus continues to stay on this track:

Frazier, who spoke with the media for the first time Thursday since being hired, touched on a few other topics, including:

• Defensive tackle Marcell Dareus: “In the short time we’ve been here, and having a chance to go back and look at some of his tape, he’s an impressive football player for sure. What we’ve been doing this offseason, he’s really bought into everything we were been asking him to do. He’s been attending every meeting, every practice – I think he’s only missed maybe once, if that. He’s been terrific in what we’ve asked him to do.”