Ryan Fitzpatrick Signing with the Bucs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may want to take a closer look at the first post I was responding to.

Regarding the second, I stand by my assertion that Fitz has a giant head.

Haha, I misread. My apologies but I'm sure someone will hate on him soon enough.

And he has a giant brain hence his giant head.

Yup. The only thing that stopped him from being a top qb was lack of arm strength.

And quietly, the Bucs may have had the best offseason of any team. I love everything thing they have done. They got the perfect #2 wr to Evans, got my favorite player in the draft, and may have the best backup qb. They are probs ly hoping Fitz can mentor Jameis to stop being a complete moron. But they are a playoff team next year.

Nothing like hating on a millionaire Harvard grad. Fitz has won life.

Living in Treasure Island, Florida for 20 years and still follow the Bills, I agree with your posts.

His arm strength is adequate and good enough to be successful. His problem is decision making. He throws a lot of bad picks because he tried to force too many balls.

When the comparisons of Nate Peterman to Tom Brady were floating about, I was thinking more like Fitz.

Either way, not a bad pick for the 5th round.

I still don't believe Peterman has franchise QB in his future, same as how I felt about Fitz during his tenure here... but I'd love to be surprised.

His arm strength is adequate and good enough to be successful. His problem is decision making. He throws a lot of bad picks because he tried to force too many balls.

I get your point but Fitz had a below average arm. His slants required him to put all of his body weight into throws. His deep Passes were awful.

He could make poor decisions at times but if he had a better arm, he won't have had nearly the amount of mistakes.

Yup. The only thing that stopped him from being a top qb was lack of arm strength.

And quietly, the Bucs may have had the best offseason of any team. I love everything thing they have done. They got the perfect #2 wr to Evans, got my favorite player in the draft, and may have the best backup qb. They are probs ly hoping Fitz can mentor Jameis to stop being a complete moron. But they are a playoff team next year.

Agree with you on this. The Buccaneers had a very good off season both in free agency and the draft.

They are going to be a dangerous team, and they should make the playoffs this year.

For strictly on-field performance, I don't think I've ever hated a Bills player more than Fitzpatrick. Whether it was the ball slipping out of his baby hands whenever he tried to put some extra zip on a throw, or one of a seemingly endless list of 4th quarter choke jobs, it hit me very early on that this guy was just a born loser. Even when he played well it seemed like it was happening by accident. Seems like a nice guy off the field, but excruciatingly frustrating to watch as your team's QB.

I'm impressed that a guy with very humble physical talents like Fitz has been able to enjoy such a long and well-paid NFL career.

He's probably one of the top 35 QBs in the league, so of course he's going to have a job, and from what I can tell he tends to prefer going places where he has a chance to get the starting job somehow.

For strictly on-field performance, I don't think I've ever hated a Bills player more than Fitzpatrick. Whether it was the ball slipping out of his baby hands whenever he tried to put some extra zip on a throw, or one of a seemingly endless list of 4th quarter choke jobs, it hit me very early on that this guy was just a born loser. Even when he played well it seemed like it was happening by accident. Seems like a nice guy off the field, but excruciatingly frustrating to watch as your team's QB.

Don't disagree. But he is the only qb we've had in forever who could at times go head to head with Brady. He also had a bad supporting cast here. But his best role is spot starter/ backup/ mentor. He will be awesome st that and I would have loved to have him here.

Even more than the guy he replaced? Fitz is a mediocre QB at best, but at least he plays with guts and passion. Trent played like his mother would yell at him if he got grass stains on his uniform.