DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

But - and here's the important thing - he's been shockingly accurate with what he's posted.  You can go back and read posts of his from nine month ago that were later reported in the news - much later.  

Examples? Like what? Not saying you are full of sh it, but, you are full of sh it 

3 minutes ago, donbb said:

The conspiracies on this forum are  taken straight from the doldrums of alt-right Reddit & Twitter. Every one of DRs conspiracies is an echo from some right wing dolt. The other clowns on this forum eat it up like a fat boys slob down cake on their birthday.

You mean the volumes of direct evidence he has compiled, and meticulously sourced, over the course of the last year or so?

Pro tip:  It's advisable to read the source material before opining.  It makes you look less stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, donbb said:

So has Louise Mensch - she's also a crackpot and I would not trust a word she says.

Let's recap.

• Greggy posts an outlandish theory in early 2017
  • Everyone is dubious
  • Greggy fills in volumes of information, sources and data
  • Everyone is dubious
  • Over time, the outlandish theory is picked up by more news outlets, while traditional news outlets change the reporting angles that disown their previous denials of the outlandish theory
  • Over time, more points of the outlandish theory are proven correct by public releases of classified documents
  • Traditional news outlets again change the reporting angles that disown their previous denials and first round of alternate interpretations of the outlandish theory
  • Over time, with full benefit of hindsight and more information releases, Greggy's outlandish theory doesn't seem as outlandish as it did 18 months ago.

Yet, you still prefer to attack the messenger who's been far more right than wrong, and continue to fully trust the messengers who've constantly changed and retracted their story lines.

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Another Narrative Busted: The Focus of Manafort´s Upcoming Trial Will Make Liberals Very Sad
Townhall, by Katie Pavlich

Original Article

The first federal trial for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is set to start tomorrow in Washington D.C. Leftists are salivating over what the trial could reveal about the 2016 presidential election, alleged Russian collusion and Manafort´s relationship with President Donald Trump. But according to a new report from the Associated Press, they´re likely to be disappointed as the trial will focus on Manafort´s business dealings and lavish lifestyle, not collusion

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:
Another Narrative Busted: The Focus of Manafort´s Upcoming Trial Will Make Liberals Very Sad
Townhall, by Katie Pavlich

Original Article

The first federal trial for former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is set to start tomorrow in Washington D.C. Leftists are salivating over what the trial could reveal about the 2016 presidential election, alleged Russian collusion and Manafort´s relationship with President Donald Trump. But according to a new report from the Associated Press, they´re likely to be disappointed as the trial will focus on Manafort´s business dealings and lavish lifestyle, not collusion

I don't know what kind of !@#$ed up system we have where only facts relevant to the actual charges are heard!

36 minutes ago, GG said:

Let's recap.

• Greggy posts an outlandish theory in early 2017
  • Everyone is dubious
  • Greggy fills in volumes of information, sources and data
  • Everyone is dubious
  • Over time, the outlandish theory is picked up by more news outlets, while traditional news outlets change the reporting angles that disown their previous denials of the outlandish theory
  • Over time, more points of the outlandish theory are proven correct by public releases of classified documents
  • Traditional news outlets again change the reporting angles that disown their previous denials and first round of alternate interpretations of the outlandish theory
  • Over time, with full benefit of hindsight and more information releases, Greggy's outlandish theory doesn't seem as outlandish as it did 18 months ago.

Yet, you still prefer to attack the messenger who's been far more right than wrong, and continue to fully trust the messengers who've constantly changed and retracted their story lines.

Yep.  

I still doubt every new thing he posts, because it's so outlandish.  But I can't argue with results, either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Yep.  

I still doubt every new thing he posts, because it's so outlandish.  But I can't argue with results, either.

Which is more than fair. I never claimed to be an oracle, being that has never been my goal. My only goal has been, and remains, sharing information and my analysis of that information which others here can source/vet/decide upon for themselves. 

I strive for people becoming their own experts - nothing more. :beer:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Trump attracts pillagers, braggarts, hacks. They’re in his past, his present, his family, his cabinet. They confuse wealth with merit, glitter with character, and they’re all about fast lanes and short cuts, which is to say that they’re reflections of him.

Manafort is the mirror extraordinaire. He made his fortune by holding his nose. His Washington lobbying and consulting firm represented what Betsy Woodruff and Tim Mak of The Daily Beast described as “a rogue’s gallery of clients far away from D.C.’s genteel corridors of power: dictators, guerrilla groups and despots with no regard for human rights — including one man responsible for mass amputations and another who oversaw state-sanctioned rape.”

Mueller filed court papers on Monday alleging that Manafort made more than $60 million consulting for pro-Russia politicians and political parties in Ukraine. To avoid taxes, he funneled the money illegally through offshore accounts, according to the criminal charges against him. That helped pay for a lavish wardrobe of custom suits, a dazzling collection of multimillion-dollar properties, such home improvements as a waterfall and a putting green, three Range Rovers (which are British-made, last I checked) and a Mercedes-Benz (German).

So much for America First. He always put himself and his prodigious appetites first. That was the secret of his prosperity until it was the recipe for his doom. Trump has much the same disposition. Time will tell if he meets the same fate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/31/opinion/paul-manafort-trial-donald-trump.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

31 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's a lousy effort by the writer to conflate Trump to crimes Manafort may have committed years before Manafort worked for Trump. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, keepthefaith said:

That's a lousy effort by the writer to tie Trump to crimes Manafort may have committed years before Manafort worked for Trump. 

Correct.

The trial is a farce, it has noting to do with Trump, zero zilch nada nothing to do with Russia, nothing at all...it is  about Manafort business deals in 2005 and 2014.

Well actually it has everything to do with  Trump,.   Many people WANT  you to think the actual trial  is about Trump, look at the fools outside the courthouse chanting "Russia, Russia, Russia". It is also about Trump because this was an attempt to intimidate Manafort and have him flip on Trump, guess he wouldn't.  So in reality this already a loss for Mueller.  The real goal of all of this was to flip Manafort and get Trump.

8 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Correct.

The trial is a farce, it has noting to do with Trump, zero zilch nada nothing to do with Russia, nothing at all...it is  about Manafort business deals in 2005 and 2014.

Well actually it has everything to do with  Trump,.   Many people WANT  you to think the actual trial  is about Trump, look at the fools outside the courthouse chanting "Russia, Russia, Russia". It is also about Trump because this was an attempt to intimidate Manafort and have him flip on Trump, guess he wouldn't.  So in reality this already a loss for Mueller.  The real goal of all of this was to flip Manafort and get Trump.

when they finally admit they have nothing about dealings prior to his election, around July 2020, then they can start a bogus investigation into things done while Trump as actually President

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

That's a lousy effort by the writer to conflate Trump to crimes Manafort may have committed years before Manafort worked for Trump. 

I didn't see a thing in that article about Tony Podesta, Manafort's partner.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Listen carefully:

This whole thing is such a SHAM and JOKE.

But the biggest joke of all is that there are crickets when it comes to the REAL crimes in this Russia thing.

36 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

...look at the fools outside the courthouse chanting "Russia, Russia, Russia". 

I have not seen them, myself, but rest assured those fools are actually paid for by the left to make noise.

The challenge the left seems to repeatedly have is that they can never get anyone to organically join their whine fest. They have to hire people to whine for them.

Hopefully these people won't assault others, burn cars, or destroy local businesses to get their point across.

23 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This whole thing is such a SHAM and JOKE.

But the biggest joke of all is that there are crickets when it comes to the REAL crimes in this Russia thing.

Look at it this way... And I'm not saying I know the answer here, I'm merely running through possibilities. 

In 2010 RR exonerates Manafort for these charges (money laundering). In 2018, without getting new evidence (according to the filings to date), RR is now going after the same guy he cleared previously. Issues of Double Jeopardy aside (koko might be able to add insight there), what's changed between 2010 and 2018? 

... Perhaps the resident of the Oval Office? Perhaps RR wasn't "free" to indict Manafort in 2010, but now he is.