DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I meant business wise.  Fox, MSNBC, and CNN had its highest year ratings wise ever in 2017 and it wasn't even an election year.  Many people that followed the news sporadically suddenly became cable news junkies.

Comedy sells.

39 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I meant business wise.  Fox, MSNBC, and CNN had its highest year ratings wise ever in 2017 and it wasn't even an election year.  Many people that followed the news sporadically suddenly became cable news junkies.  You're correct in that the quality has never been worse and it will hurt them when Trump leaves office.  

the ratings are pathetic, barely scratching the surface of potential viewers.  

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

the ratings are pathetic, barely scratching the surface of potential viewers.  

Yeah...I've been wondering if there's going to be a great "tune out". Ongoing process for CNN. Their numbers are in the toilet now. But what if there is a big "tune out" event coming for the news business as a whole? The internet is the best thing that happened to media, because it ended the bad old gatekeeper days. But, the internet was always going to bring new problems with it, like lack of accountability and credibility. I have always expected serious market turbulence; that eventually major destruction/creation would occur and things would be: better.

I did not expect: my need to be informed to be eclipsed by my need to not have my time wasted/be disinformed. There are entire 2-3 day news stories that I have to be told about, because: tuned out. The kicker: it doesn't matter. These stories had their 3 days, got everybody whipped up, and now? Nobody cares. 0 impact. I'm happy because I devoted 1 minute for these stories: the time somebody took to tell me. It's also why I haven't been here much. Why brawl over something I know is not going to matter in 3 days? I'm bored with watching the media throw gallons of spaghetti at the wall, have none of it stick, and then refuse to clean up the mess they made. Why should I attend to any of that? What is their end game? President Pence? :lol: So then WTF? My attending only makes them $ while I get no value back.

How many wolf cries does it take to utterly destroy the Big Media, and leave in it's place millions of small-timers with smartphones and blogs? Talk to me about credibility, please. :lol: I'd take Bob Jones, retired bus-driver dude covering the WH with his smart phone and the website he "created" with Wordpress, that that Acosta clown, right now, in terms of credibility. Accountability? Bob can't afford to turn off his comments section, or delete the posts he doesn't like, and, Bob is competing with Steve, who also has a phone and a Wix account, every day, for 10s of dollars. Credible and Accountable wins that competition, long term.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

4 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

Yeah...I've been wondering if there's going to be a great "tune out". Ongoing process for CNN. Their numbers are in the toilet now. But what if there is a big "tune out" event coming for the news business as a whole? The internet is the best thing that happened to media, because it ended the bad old gatekeeper days. But, the internet was always going to bring new problems with it, like lack of accountability and credibility. I have always expected serious market turbulence; that eventually major destruction/creation would occur and things would be: better.

I did not expect: my need to be informed to be eclipsed by my need to not have my time wasted/be disinformed. There are entire 2-3 day news stories that I have to be told about, because: tuned out. The kicker: it doesn't matter. These stories had their 3 days, got everybody whipped up, and now? Nobody cares. 0 impact. I'm happy because I devoted 1 minute for these stories: the time somebody took to tell me. It's also why I haven't been here much. Why brawl over something I know is not going to matter in 3 days? I'm bored with watching the media throw gallons of spaghetti at the wall, have none of it stick, and then refuse to clean up the mess they made. Why should I attend to any of that? What is their end game? President Pence? :lol: So then WTF? My attending only makes them $ while I get no value back.

How many wolf cries does it take to utterly destroy the Big Media, and leave in it's place millions of small-timers with smartphones and blogs? Talk to me about credibility, please. :lol: I'd take Bob Jones, retired bus-driver dude covering the WH with his smart phone and the website he "created" with Wordpress, that that Acosta clown, right now, in terms of credibility. Accountability? Bob can't afford to turn off his comments section, or delete the posts he doesn't like, and, Bob is competing with Steve, who also has a phone and a Wix account, every day, for 10s of dollars. Credible and Accountable wins that competition, long term.

The internet is the best thing for the individual, providing more options than 3 networks and 3 newspapers that were always spinning for the Dems

as with everything it can be used wisely or foolishly or lethally

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm betting it is not even from the left.  It is likely just trolling.

That's the brilliance of it.  It's really completely non-partisan trolling.  It basically mocks everyone.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Elect a clown, don't be surprised when you get a circus. Can't blame the media for covering the circus

Since when did Hillary become President?

Edited by njbuff

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Is this it?  Curtain coming down on Trump this week? As promised for 18 months now?

this will be a huge event, have to make sure I don’t go too far from my iPhone

I said he wouldn''t make it past this month.

I'm not wrong yet.