DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm not sure what the solution is, but the government should not be able to batter private citizens into submission through the costs of defending themselves against a prosecutor with an agenda and a bottomless pit of resources funded by the tax payer.

The process should not be a punishment in an of itself.

that's the joy in it, purely spiteful prosecution for minor political differences

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I have no clue about this guy's intestinal fortitude, but the idea that somebody can't an alpha male because of his political viewpoints (in this case a progressive) is ridiculous.

pic_related_121813_Pajama-Boy-The-Obama-

"Please...tell me more.  I'm listening..."

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

How did you go from "the point of the post" to a 10,000 word essay on past transgressions, your time as a job placement counselor, adult novelty items and ball sucking?  Even for a message board that's some next generation chaotic spitballing. 

It makes more sense when you realize OC's posts are just about him.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

How long is this farce of a trial going to go on?

From all accounts, the judge is disgusted with the Mueller team and unless the Mueller team does one heck of a job of pointing out Manafort’s failures.............

Manafort is going to be a free man.

I suspect Manafort will be convicted of at least a tax related crime.  Evidence of bad money deals is fairly objective one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I suspect Manafort will be convicted of at least a tax related crime.  Evidence of bad money deals is fairly objective one way or the other. 

Will be an interesting appeal. The defense has a great argument that he was not given a fair trial, as the prosecutors seem more interested in showing the jury that he is wealthy than in showing he committed a crime.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Will be an interesting appeal. The defense has a great argument that he was not given a fair trial, as the prosecutors seem more interested in showing the jury that he is wealthy than in showing he committed a crime.

being wealthy, seeming arrogant, those are reasons juries want to put people in jail

7 hours ago, OCinBuffalo said:

I love this. 

Back in the day, I would drop book-sized posts about Obamacare, The Surge, Obamafail, Education, Economics in general, various scandals(still waiting for an answer on how in the hell the Russians did a remote hack on the DNC server...whose metadata clearly shows that the d/l could only have been done by a local USB drive.)....

...and....(EDIT: some of you pricks, who shall remain nameless, even asked me for career advice...after reading said long posts, and then publicly...whatever)

my level of being right was directly proportional to the amount of whining about long posts. The more you clowns whined, the more I wrote, the more right I was. Now, Greggy gets a pass on one book post after the next, and you kiss his ass, AFTER, he turns out to be right? Why? He has been shoving his personal collection of dildos up the asses of every poster here(but mine), since Trump got elected, and doing it in long-form prose. DC_Tom and GG are kissing his ass now, because they were Trump-haters then.

Yet, when I decided that winning the Obamacare website debate was too easy, thus, I wote my replies in iambic couplets(for dolts: in poetry), just to make it harder on myself? WTF?

Let's see Greg do an entire post in e e cummings, or, let's see him do anything poetic at all. F! I am an IT guy, he's supposed to be the F'ing writer...and you are all sucking his balls for doing the 1 thing he is suppsed to be good at? 

Lame. 

Snowflake af

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Makes one wonder how strong in factual evidence the governments case is if they have to present such fluff?

they don't care, it's keeping people employed, they are doing righteous work bothering Trump

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Makes one wonder how strong in factual evidence the governments case is if they have to present such fluff?

Hard to say. They may be doing it just to bolster strong evidence, or they may be doing it as a distraction to keep the jurors from actually looking at the weaknesses in their case and/or their lack of evidence. Perhaps both.

Either way, it's a nice appealable issue if the defense properly preserves it; they are trying to get the jurors to hate the defense right off the bat.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

... run an actual progressive in 2020. Preferably an actual alpha male...

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! Get as progressive a leftist as you can for 2020! More Bernie! More Maxine!

Though I'm not sure they need to be an alpha male. You ran an alpha male in 2016 and still lost.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Hard to say. They may be doing it just to bolster strong evidence, or they may be doing it as a distraction to keep the jurors from actually looking at the weaknesses in their case and/or their lack of evidence. Perhaps both.

Either way, it's a nice appealable issue if the defense properly preserves it; they are trying to get the jurors to hate the defense right off the bat.

This trial, has appeal written all over it.

At some point in this trial there are going to be witnesses that slip up and mention Trump and or Russia.  Along with the heavily Democratic jury pool,  must have been an interesting voir dire.  Put on top of that the prosecution opening up attacking Manafort for his expensive clothes and being arrogant.  I think it is going to get worse, prosecution I bet pull out anything and everything . Any conviction this is going to be painfully easy to appeal.  Judging by what this judge has already said he is not thrilled with the prosecution and II wouldn't be shocked if this trial is eventually declared a mistrial.. 

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This trial, has appeal written all over it.

At some point in this trial there are going to be witnesses that slip up and mention Trump and or Russia.  Along with the heavily Democratic jury pool,  must have been an interesting voir dire.  Put on top of that the prosecution opening up attacking Manafort for his expensive clothes and being arrogant.  I think it is going to get worse, prosecution I bet pull out anything and everything . Any conviction this is going to be painfully easy to appeal.  Judging by what this judge has already said he is not thrilled with the prosecution and II wouldn't be shocked if this trial is eventually declared a mistrial.. 

a total waste of time

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It really is a shame, it it a terrible gross misuse of the system a display of almost the infinte federal power against an individual and all motivated by politics, sickening actually.

that's how the Dems and media play it when they lose an election

when the GOP wins it's always rigged, and they have cuckoo conspiracies to back it up

they could think and then  face the fact that the voters tend to give a party 2 terms and then switch over, basically for the sake of change itself.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm curious exactly when liberals transitioned from: "Government is the name for things we as a society have decided must be done together."

to: "Government is a weapon forged for the purposes of destroying neighbors who disagree with me politically."

12/12/2000

• Like (+1) 1