DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

11 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes but that works both ways, right? 

Yes. However, what is the government going to get from him that they don't already have?

Discovery isn't unlimited. It has to be relevant to the proceeding.

21 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Yes. However, what is the government going to get from him that they don't already have?

Discovery isn't unlimited. It has to be relevant to the proceeding.

yes but won't relevant portions be redacted (black out) due to an ongoing investigation, thereby making discovery irrelevant at this point? or perhaps his suit gets delayed until said investigation is over?

Edited by Foxx

23 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Not irony, good legal strategy.

They're going to get a preview of the evidence regarding the case for any potential criminal charges through the civil discovery process.

How's a guy with no job and looking at a long term prison sentence going to pay these attorneys? Cigarettes? Stamps?  <_<

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

yes but won't relevant portions be redacted (black out) due to an ongoing investigation, thereby making discovery irrelevant at this point? or perhaps his suit gets delayed until said investigation is over?

There are ways around that. As a last resort, he can get always seek a court order to disclose the information. There are time frames that will be imposed for discovery.

52 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

How's a guy with no job and looking at a long term prison sentence going to pay these attorneys? Cigarettes? Stamps?  <_<

Eh, if you can buy a B word for half a pack of cigarettes, I'm sure he can come up with some arrangement for his legal team.

(Or, more likely, a nervous someone else is footing the bill.)

9 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

McCabe is hoping to win the criminal case against himself by making this political.

Exactly. People are mistaking these civil suits as something that the McCabe and Strzok are actually expecting to win, rather than, in my opinion, a strategic choice to prepare for the real battle in criminal court.

One of the biggest reveals (though we knew already) was just how involved the State Department (Nuland specifically -- who was a key player in many 44 clandestine operations, in the Ukraine, has big Clinton ties) was in the frame-up. It's important to remember the close relationship which exists between State and Langley. They are intertwined in a symbiotic way, especially at the executive levels where Nuland operated. Which ultimately leads us back to John Brennan once again. Brennan had his fingers in both departments -- DOJ/FBI through Strzok, and State through ... well, a lot of people but Nuland among them. 

I've said numerous times over the past two years that the DOJ part of the investigation was going to lead to an investigation of State.  

That one will bring bigger names which no one is really talking about in the media (cough-Kerry-cough) into legal peril. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

One of the biggest reveals (though we knew already) was just how involved the State Department (Nuland specifically -- who was a key player in many 44 clandestine operations, in the Ukraine, has big Clinton ties) was in the frame-up. It's important to remember the close relationship which exists between State and Langley. They are intertwined in a symbiotic way, especially at the executive levels where Nuland operated. Which ultimately leads us back to John Brennan once again. Brennan had his fingers in both departments -- DOJ/FBI through Strzok, and State through ... well, a lot of people but Nuland among them. 

I've said numerous times over the past two years that the DOJ part of the investigation was going to lead to an investigation of State.  

That one will bring bigger names which no one is really talking about in the media (cough-Kerry-cough) into legal peril. 

Would not surprise me in the least, after yesterday's news about Soros' close working relationship with his department.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: That little weasel is arguing that his misuse of government property wasn't grounds for firing him because his misuse was illegally released publicly?  

He's a steaming pile of dung.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

More than a month prior. Senator No-Name had much to lose with a Trump win. 

Hmmm...

...now, I'm not going to say that McCain's body was kept on ice and ultimately substituted for Epstein in prison.  But I can't prove it wasn't...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i am tired of waiting....

I agree. But, to put it in perspective, if you were a Bill's fan and waited for almost a generation for them to get back to the playoffs, this is nothing.

If I can wait that long for entertainment, I can surely wait a few months for burning down the institutionalized corruption.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

I agree. But, to put it in perspective, if you were a Bill's fan and waited for almost a generation for them to get back to the playoffs, this is nothing.

If I can wait that long for entertainment, I can surely wait a few months for burning down the institutionalized corruption.

:beer:

and it was barely a fizzle when they fluked into the playoffs....

15 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Weissman/Mueller's cases falling apart due to hiding of evidence... shocking. 

(thread)

So who's bankrolling Flynn's defense?

I mean, if you're going to claim that he's been fighting a delaying action against federal prosecution for two years...that's expensive?  Federal prosecutors try to bury you in expenses and force you to plea.  Fighting them for two years is an insane amount of money.  Who's paying his lawyers?

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I mean, if you're going to claim that he's been fighting a delaying action against federal prosecution for two years...that's expensive?  Federal prosecutors try to bury you in expenses and force you to plea.  Fighting them for two years is an insane amount of money.  Who's paying his lawyers?

He's had a defense fund which has brought in a lot of money from the public, but he's also tapped his own resources to the point of near breaking. Not sure the deal made with Powell, but she's doing it at a cut rate fee compared to his previous (fired) team.

I fully expect him to be reimbursed in full after Trump leaves office. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Sidney Powell is not exactly shy when it comes to sticking her hand in other peoples pockets.

She tweets and retweets links to Flynn's defense fund quite often.

For example, this is the latest one she retweeted:

• Like (+1) 3